26th skill, level cap of 120 or 99?

ibxtoycat

Moving skill maxes to 120 is raising the bar to high, pretty much making it imposable for a normal human to max out their stats.

They will never do it... there is high level content and then there is poop-sock high level content.

I would quit if they raised all the skills to 120 max... i would never be able to max out.

Fools_Taco.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with 120 herblore you could make jesus juice

What?

I don't think there should be a 120 cap. The 99 cap is already very hard to get to, seriously how many players out there have 99 in all skills? The game needs to remain open to everyone. 99 is already not open for casual gamers, two skills alone take as long as it takes to cape a full character on games like WoW, so where's the need in making this an even more elitist game?

Even casual players can be efficient. You don't need to put in ten hours a day to get a 99. And FYI, a LOT of players have 99 in every skill (and over 99 dungeoneering).

No they dont... you have to take into account how many active accounts there are and how many people have the stats you are talking about. Im willing to bet if you did the math its less then 1% of the player base have all 99s and over 99 in dung.

Fools_Taco.png

What?

I don't think there should be a 120 cap. The 99 cap is already very hard to get to, seriously how many players out there have 99 in all skills? The game needs to remain open to everyone. 99 is already not open for casual gamers, two skills alone take as long as it takes to cape a full character on games like WoW, so where's the need in making this an even more elitist game?

Even casual players can be efficient. You don't need to put in ten hours a day to get a 99. And FYI, a LOT of players have 99 in every skill (and over 99 dungeoneering).

No they dont... you have to take into account how many active accounts there are and how many people have the stats you are talking about. Im willing to bet if you did the math its less then 1% of the player base have all 99s and over 99 in dung.

Maybe it's because I've been playing for a long time, but I remember when there was only four maxed players, and it was a big deal when another player maxed. Compared to then, there's a pretty huge number now. I don't really consider the ratio of maxed players to "active accounts" relevant, because most players hardly know what they're doing .

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What?

Please get us the % of players with 99 in every skill (you may leave 99 dungeoneering out since it's new), then we'll see if a LOT of players have 99's in all their skills.

And I highly doubt any casual ever got close to 99's in all skills, since hardcore players struggle at it already. By casual gamers I'm not talking about everyone who doesn't play 10 hours a day, I'm talking about people who play up to three hours at best when they get back from work and such.

signaturemw.png

What?

Please get us the % of players with 99 in every skill (you may leave 99 dungeoneering out since it's new), then we'll see if a LOT of players have 99's in all their skills.

And I highly doubt any casual ever got close to 99's in all skills, since hardcore players struggle at it already. By casual gamers I'm not talking about everyone who doesn't play 10 hours a day, I'm talking about people who play up to three hours at best when they get back from work and such.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry you feel that way. Due to effigies and the ease of making a lot of money quickly nowadays, maxing out is easier than ever. Is it still a daunting task? Yes, but even casual players can do it if they are EFFICIENT. Efficiency is the key.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What?

I'm sorry you feel that way. Due to effigies and the ease of making a lot of money quickly nowadays, maxing out is easier than ever. Is it still a daunting task? Yes, but even casual players can do it if they are EFFICIENT. Efficiency is the key.

What about we bring some maths in?

99 in all skills is pretty much around 340 million exp. I tried to find someone's adventurer log with that set of skills, and I did find one, but I can't see how many hours he played. Maybe if you'd get one, we could calculate how long a casual player would take to max a character.

signaturemw.png

I will bring a knife to myself the day they release 120 Hunter.

OT: It'd be interesting, but I think it'll be back at 99. Unless of course it's a 'massive' skill like Dungeoneering and they can't 'fit everything in 99 levels'.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

If the next skill is anything like the last skill, I'd prefer they just sit back and say the game is skilled-out.

We don't need any more contrived minigames-as-skills.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

What?

Not really. Getting to 80 in WoW takes hardly a few weeks. I've done it. And I'm about to do it again, in a short time frame because I now have experience boosts.

People fail to realize that there's only 120 Dungeoneering because there are 60 floors total in Daemonheim.

If Dungeoneering were a 99 like everything else, then we'd only have 50 floors; the developers thought it wasn't enough, so they made the skill 120.

And people that fail to see that people fail to see (confusing right), that those floors could have been fit into level 99 easy, with a level every 1 floor then 2 then 1, which would cut it down.

It doesn't justify the fact it's 120, "hey guys, we have too much content for summoning familiars", "hey let's increase it to 120".

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

What?

Not really. Getting to 80 in WoW takes hardly a few weeks. I've done it. And I'm about to do it again, in a short time frame because I now have experience boosts.

yea my firend got lvl 80 in 17 days, thats shorter period of time than several 99s take in rs

yet im still fully for 120s in certain skills, if it was all or nothing id vote all, but tbh id be happy if only about 10 skills were raised

a_final_name.png

Personally I'm all for 120 everything, why not increase the cap? Xp rates are only increasing and it would give them more room to work with. Although I do understand that 120 is a ridiculous ammount of xp compared to 99, It would make it an even more of an achivment than it is now. And they could do it gradualy, so that the easier skills such as fleching and cooking are amongst the first to be placed upwards to 120, and it would take years for stats such as slayer and runecrafting to be placed up to 120.

In my opinion runescape is already starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel in terms of new skillls...

I mean, dungeoneering is already a stretch as it is, what else could there really be?

Shapeshifting

Archaeology

A skill which could unlock new training techniques from the 3rd age, allowing you to train many skills at once and rewarding you with great new weapons and training methods

Just to name a few

I would love to see shapeshifting in rs tbh

2vuhgcn.png

I don't think there will be a new skill for years, but if there are, so be it.

The skills might probably stay at 99, but constitution might go to 120.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Shapeshifting

Could really just be an offset of magic, prayer, or even summoning.

Archaeology

Could really just be an offset of mining/dung.

A skill which could unlock new training techniques from the 3rd age, allowing you to train many skills at once and rewarding you with great new weapons and training methods

Another one of those "every skill in 1 skill" skills.

Thats not really a new skill, just a new way to train other skills.

O.O

I don't think there will be a new skill for years, but if there are, so be it.

The skills might probably stay at 99, but constitution might go to 120.

No, that would be terrible. It would be ridiculously unbalancing to the game. Sara brews healing 180 per dose? Unicorns healing 180 per scroll? That's pretty busted for PvM.

Besides, why would the base HP level cap need to be increased when we already have the ability to wear equipment that boosts our max LP? It'd be kinda redundant to raise the level cap to 120 on top of what we can do already.

No, that would be terrible. It would be ridiculously unbalancing to the game. Sara brews healing 180 per dose? Unicorns healing 180 per scroll? That's pretty busted for PvM.

Besides, why would the base HP level cap need to be increased when we already have the ability to wear equipment that boosts our max LP? It'd be kinda redundant to raise the level cap to 120 on top of what we can do already.

I think the amount of exp required for 120 Constitution balances out the advantages.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

People fail to realize that there's only 120 Dungeoneering because there are 60 floors total in Daemonheim.

If Dungeoneering were a 99 like everything else, then we'd only have 50 floors; the developers thought it wasn't enough, so they made the skill 120.

And people that fail to see that people fail to see (confusing right), that those floors could have been fit into level 99 easy, with a level every 1 floor then 2 then 1, which would cut it down.

It doesn't justify the fact it's 120, "hey guys, we have too much content for summoning familiars", "hey let's increase it to 120".

I agree with smelly here.. Unless you take everything that Jagex tells you as the truth (please don't. ever) then it's pretty easy to see that this magical lvl 120 is a way of putting in high end content to already filled up skills, smithing for example.

Jagex will slowly start to open up the other skills to 120 when they are needed, constitution for example.

asrhasrh.jpg

What?

Well i always look for an efficient way to train my skills... ill max out next year and my stats are in my sig.

I have over 6500 hours played.

Casual players CANNOT max out in any normal amount of time. Maxing out in runescape is only for hardcore players.

You are not even aloud to comment unless you have 99 in Runecrafting, farming, and slayer.

Any moron can get 99s in combat stats, cooking, fletching etc.

Fools_Taco.png