Take that WoW :)

Pie Naple

Thats because you dont need to go to the wow website every time you play wow.

I guarantee if wow was a browser game it would leave runescape in the dust.

This.

Gotta agree here. I play WoW. If you looked at how many times a day that little "W" on the desktop was clicked and that launcher opened up your face would be something like this: :shock:

God it's so interesting to see how people reacted to this :)

Yes, I know this proves nothing. I was just playing around with google trends and thought this would be an interesting one to check out :)

Though I'm glad a lot of people have made so many friends in this thread haha :P

That's because world of warcraft is designed for adault nerds living in their parents' cellar, playing 20 hours a day.

Runescape is designed for people with an average age of 15.

Currently there are more people aged around 15 than people living in their parents' cellar with 20 hours+ every day to spare.

Runescape ftw! Take that WOW.

Wisdom.

Thats because you dont need to go to the wow website every time you play wow.

I guarantee if wow was a browser game it would leave runescape in the dust.

Isn't this page showing people search "runescape" more then they search "world of warcraft"?

Or am I missing something.

(I said this and was misunderstood, it actually goes by how many people search runescape on google versus WoW, but most of what i said is true anyway haha. Also more people search runescape for the website, and for guides like tip.it and runehq, WoW is a lot more helpful and gives you links XD)

World of Warcraft has a substantial amount of visitors and its not a browser based game. Runescape is browser based and is always ran through the website. Meaning every time someone logs on to runescape it adds to the chart, but every time people log onto World of Warcraft, it doesnt. Im pretty sure that world of warcraft has more players. Every person pays 15 dollars a month for WoW, runescape is free/5 dollars a month, and people can make as many accounts as they want. In WoW you get one per purchase. So RS may have more accounts, but not as many players. Ive never seen more than 200k people on at once in rs. Most WoW players play close to every day.

raisinssig.png

Tbh, if people like supporting WoW so much, they should just go join a WoW forum and get the [bleep] off tip it.

Or, you could not rage at people who play more than one game. It's possible to do that, you know. I hardly play Runescape anymore and I play WoW and League of Legends. Should I "get the [bleep] off Tip.It" then?

Tbh, if people like supporting WoW so much, they should just go join a WoW forum and get the [bleep] off tip it.

*Puts his Xbox Controller Down*

Uhh- I like runescape, but I think I speak for alot of gamers when I say, I like and support multiple games, and even if I did quit this godforsaken game, i'd still like to keep in touch with all of the awesome people i met playing it.

WoW has more paying members, and if it was browser based - would smash rs in that graph. PERIOD.

However, for a browser based game, that started off with crap graphics, and a small world, 9 years later you cannot deny how strong this game is. Runescape has outlasted alot of MMO's and kept a large memberbase while other MMO's have dwindled..

Runescape also has the lowest specs of any MMO , easiest way to access it (Browser) and it's the cheapest which keeps it in mind for many different types of gamers from Casual, to budget conscious (both hardware and fees) to people who cant install games at work or school, but can play in a browser.

Runescape will probably never "smash" Wow, but to be an inferior game to your average gamer (graphics, gameplay, controls, filter, etc) - it holds its on.

People like me, have played this game for so long, we don't really have much excitement for it anymore, personally, The new star wars MMO? I'm excited for it in a big way, and it would take a major annoucement from runescape, to get me to even bat an eye. - it's unrealistic to expect new quests and minigames to keep people hooked. New skills are fun, but they do dull fast.

~Das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I've always loved how Runescape kids hate on WoW simply because they play Runescape. Most of the WoW haters have never played WoW at all, or played the 10 day free trial thinking leveling from 1-20 was representative of the actual gameplay (Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arena, etc)

Stay classy Runescape kids ;)

Classic example of a generic Runescape kid: "That's because world of warcraft is designed for adault nerds living in their parents' cellar, playing 20 hours a day.

Currently there are more people aged around 15 than people living in their parents' cellar with 20 hours+ every day to spare. Runescape ftw! Take that WOW. "

Lol, I didn't know you had to hate every other MMO to be a fan of Runescape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh I've been playing RS for about 5 or 6 years now on two different account (2 and 1/2 years on my current) and I still find it very interesting. I did play WoW, for 6 months mind you during which I:

Maxed out to level 80

Got the best possible raiding gear (Tier 8.5 back then, Naxx25)

Had made over 5000g (That is already having bought my epic flier etc)

Got most important achievements that would give titles etc

Managed to rack up the top dps in pretty much all raids with my guild as my Rogue.

Sure, it was a very fun game. But that's what I mean, WAS. Tbh if someone can do so much in it and pretty much try out and finish all content in 6 months, I don't think that game's worthy or very well compared to RS. On Runescape I get a great sense of accomplishment when I level up/max skills or even do quests, because it requires skill and time. The fact that things are so challenging is also what makes it great. WoW on the other hand is too easy. I mean firstly you could easily get boosted like crazy to level 60 (by a friend who referred you) which takes no time at all. And that mind you, doesn't stop there. Leveling is so easy and takes almost no time at all. If you want good gear, you have to find yourself a guild and raid with them. If you're lucky you wont even have to do much work as the other members will pick up the dps. (That is not to say that you will last long in a guild if you do), while on RS money is a much better factor to gear up, as you can gradually earn more and upgrade your character.

WoW on the other hand relies almost entirely on boss hunting, which can almost never be done alone (unless you want gear that is 30 levels under you). Sure there are some items (BoE's) that you can buy instead of having to hunt for them, but mostly they are inferior to what you could get from 5-25 man raids. On runescape, if you have the levels you can easily solo most boss monsters, or even farm them (DKs, TDs, Slayer monsters), which scales with your character giving you the ability get more money the higher level you are. Oh and lets not forget other skills. WoW is almost entirely based around combat. Sure you can do herbalism etc, but in the long run they also all are there to help with combat. Runescape though, obviously has many different skill the player can train that are not even involved with combat. This basically just appeals to a wider audience if you ask me.

There are many other things I could touch on, but then I would end up running out of post space haha :P I understand that the games are completely different and cannot really be compared, but the similar aspects do deserve a look. WoW is a good game, I'll give it that, but I don't see how has much of a lasting appeal, especially when updates are usually just expansion packs (which you have to buy atop your subscription fee) or patches which fix classes among other things.

Phew, fingers hurt, let the flaming begin :)

That's because world of warcraft is designed for adault nerds living in their parents' cellar, playing 20 hours a day.

Currently there are more people aged around 15 than people living in their parents' cellar with 20 hours+ every day to spare.

Wisdom.

amen.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I don't get it. Why can't these people learn to TYPE THE URL?

Seriously is it that hard to type in runescape.com in your website address?

(Unless they are looking for fansites, well that's reasonable. But they can just type tip.it for that. :thumbup: )

It's quicker to just type rs into the google toolbar, or if googles your home page into that.

Try typing 'runescape' into your browser and hitting ctr+enter, it will be much faster than googling it ;)

black_eagle4.png

[bleep] yeah.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I was at Runefest on Saturday. The stereotype of a runescape player couldn't be further from the truth :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wisdom.

amen.

The average people saying that are the ones who never played it.

The stereotype for runescape is that its designed for under 12 year old brats who play 20 hours a day and whine over the slightest thing. :rolleyes:

Good thing we have 15 year old brats like Sword95 to break that stereotype.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I was at Runefest on Saturday. The stereotype of a runescape player couldn't be further from the truth :)

However, wasn't Runefest for 18+? If the stereotype is bratty 12 year olds, the stereotypical player wouldn't have been allowed to go anyway. So runefest was a minority of players and not the stereotype.

忍耐

ikazuchki2copy.png

However, wasn't Runefest for 18+? If the stereotype is bratty 12 year olds, the stereotypical player wouldn't have been allowed to go anyway. So runefest was a minority of players and not the stereotype.

Actually there were some younger people there from what I've seen. It's just without ID they could not drink. I could be wrong though.