Favorite quotes, expressions or sayings.

Guest Rob

Guest Mrmegakirby

They can be from anything. A movie, Tv show, song, poem, catch phrase, quote - anything at all.

I'll list a few of mine.

"Morons hate it when you call them a moron" - The catcher in the Rye.

"The world is my country, my religion is to do good" - No idea where it's from.

" When enough is enough, that's when you know, that you're halfway there" - Rise Against

"He's noble enough to know what's right, and weak enough not to do it - he's a new world man." - Rush

Those are mine - now what's yours?

(I know a thread like this was made awhile ago [i made it] but it's long dead)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.' ~Fight Club.

'The illusions of the past, you think to have cast them off, only to find them years later, unwearying, unrelenting. The past can bind a man as surely as irons.' ~Reddas, Final Fantasy XII.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

It is sometimes said that scientists are unromantic, that their passion to figure out robs the world of beauty and mystery. But is it not stirring to understand how the world actually works that white light is made of colors, that color is the way we perceive the wavelengths of light, that transparent air reflects light, that in so doing it discriminates among the waves, and that the sky is blue for the same reason that the sunset is red? It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.

Or pretty much everything else he has ever spoken or written.

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." -Theodore Roosevelt

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

They say it is better to light a candle then to curse the dark. In the eyes of the youth there are question marks, like freedom, freedom for their mind and soul, we don't see them, seem them for what they're worth, that's why we lead em, lead em to these wars and what is it we feed em, feed em our impurities, and who i...t is we treat em, treat em like the enemy humanity will need em.

Aside from the quotes in my signature, I have found flag officers of the United States military to be quote - creating machines. Such quotes include:

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - Gen. George S. Patton

We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - Gen. George S. Patton

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [bleep] with me, I'll kill you all - Gen. James Mattis

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. - Gen. James Mattis

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

"Who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool that follows him." -Ben Kenobi

"Words do not make flour." -Sicilian phrase

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't have any "famous" quotes, but a bit of a brutal truth.

From the day we are born, we're raised on some perceptions. That the hero always will save the day, that everything will be great, etc. There's one side to it that is brutally excluded until the worst possible time, that you don't have the context to realize that it's all bull[cabbage]. You aren't told that what happens and why the main character does what he does is for utterly arbitrary reason. They'd be fine if you were introduced to these things after learning how this world works, but you're introduced to these fantasies as early as the age of five, or earlier. Cue you ending up losing your favorite pet, having your heart broken by a girl/boy, losing your parents, your career plans will ultimately fail in pretty much all cases, you'll be unhappy with your body, and you'll suffer in more ways than one. You were set up to be crushed, without even realizing it, like one massive Xanatos gambit.

Then there's ways that the 21st century is making us miserable, although I don't want to go into that. This century might have all these fine advancements, but it ultimately made things worse for us. I'm tired, and I'll elaborate on this one later.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories" - Sun Tzu

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" - Sun Tzu

"You wanna [bLEEP] with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana

"Reality is wrong , dreams are for real" - Tupac shakur

"Veni vidi vici" - Julius Caesar

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

"I have loved and I have lost,

I have turned and I have tossed,

I have listened and I have watched,

I've given into this for long enough,

I have loved and I have lost,

Sleep has stolen far to much,

So don't close your eyes,

Not just yet, sleep is just the cousin of death."

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die. - The Princess Bride

What is swordfighting without swords? - Taoist saying

AND NOW I'M A JANITOR! CUSTODIAL ENGINEER! -Angry Nike Goalie

SANITY: Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine. -Demotivational poster.

THINK. It's not illegal yet.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage

Dungeon Masters don't have levels, DUH! - T-Mobile guy

The 70s called. They want their lamp back. -Guy on Friday's commercial

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Am I missing an eyebrow? - Adam Savage

In order to make you understand, I'd have to rip out your pancreas. - My personal quote, and favorite.

Plus the one in my sig.

We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - Gen. George S. Patton

I believe he was honoring (or bastardizing) Thomas Paine here. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

I like Demosthenes. "While the vessel is safe, whether it be a large or a small one, then is the time for sailor and helmsman and everyone in his turn to show his zeal and to take care that it is not capsized by anyone's malice or inadvertence; but when the sea has overwhelmed it, zeal is useless."

And Ben Franklin. "An old young man will be a young old man."

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

"Please do not deplore yourself.

Even if the world does not forgive, I will forgive you.

Please do not deplore yourself.

Even if you do not forgive the world, I will forgive you.

So please tell me.

What will it take for you, to forgive me?"

-Frederica Bernkastel

"The frog in the well was happy.

It wasn't interested what was outside the well.

The frog in the well was happy.

It was recluse to anything that happened outside the well.

And you were happy.

Because you didn't know what occurred outside the well."

-Frederica Bernkastel

I'll probably have some more but they're the first that come to mind.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Alot from V for Vendetta:

Are you a Muslim?

No. I'm in television.

Who are you?

Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.

Well I can see that.

Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Oh. Right.

Are you like a... crazy person?

I'm quite sure they will say so.

A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

And of course there's the quote in my sig.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

When the power of love overcome the love of power, the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix

One's man sanity is an others insanity.

Who are we to judge what is right and wrong, what is wrong to some may be right to others and vice versa.

And possibly my most favorite. "HEY GUYS! WATCH THIS!"

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

"Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice." - By Robert Frost.

"There is only one way to hurt someone who has lost everything -- give him back something broken." - From Stephen R. Donaldson, the master of depressing literature. ;P

And of course the other inspirational and funny quotes that have been regurgitated across the internet hundreds of times.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYAF_MgV0JA

Signs the signs invisible

Trace the trail and follow you wherever you will lead me

To the heart of me and your spilling grief

To answer to a God who never answers you

Feathernest invest and gain

Shiny brass is milk and grain

And yours is to just sustain and chip away with haste

Treasure time and savor taste