• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I put this into wrong section - as this was supposed to go to blogscape. Could moderator please move this? :rolleyes:

Edited by meol
Moved the thread to Blogscape.

u5zhkTY.gif

Good luck! Word to the wise, don't use MTK for farming seeds...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've been spending my time trying to go through the Varrock achievement diary. I must say that I don't really like it a tiny bit. Spent hours trying to get the stupid ruby necklace, and still haven't got it. And cats... I hate them with passion. Anyways, as I've heard the Varrock achievement diary would save some hours with my job here, I thought it's wise to finish it. I will do it as the time goes on (as my silly cat grows a bit).

@Cup_Lion: Thanks, I did spend quite a bit of time making it (won a signature of the month contest back in the day), and I also like it alot. That's very rare occasion for the arts I make - quite of a perfectionist there. Thanks for the comments too, I'm quite of writer aswell and enjoy writing alot. So I often end up writing alot. I bet I have alot of other things to say, but I just got caught by the limits of time.

@Saruman44: Hey lad, you still playing! Not like we ever used to be too known to each other I think, but I used to read your threads quite often back in the days. You've certainly come long way from it! And about the MTK, like I said it was more of trying to get good picture instead of thinking about profit. Obviously I have 100% on herbs and 50% on maples now. For the profit purposes.

u5zhkTY.gif

yar. Though I just goof around on these forums. Which is apparently against the rules >.>

And yesh, Herbs on MTK are win. You can also clean them for even more money, just make sure to check! For example, at one point clean lants were 400 gp more than grimy o.O. However, the clean dwarf weeds were 1k less than grimy. I didn't check the dwarf weeds, and lost like 200k.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

yar. Though I just goof around on these forums. Which is apparently against the rules >.>

And yesh, Herbs on MTK are win. You can also clean them for even more money, just make sure to check! For example, at one point clean lants were 400 gp more than grimy o.O. However, the clean dwarf weeds were 1k less than grimy. I didn't check the dwarf weeds, and lost like 200k.

I'm afraid I'm a bit too lazy to go through all that. Will see.

Anyways, the first day behind I managed to do 2607 bars which was alot more than I thought considering the time spent online. I also estimated rough sketch of about 1700 bars per hour with quite slacking rate. That is something I try to aim per day as it sounds reasonable and easily not too hard to keep on going. It wouldn't take me more than barely few months with this rate. And most likely there will be days with alot more (and most likely days with alot less or none) but will see. Atleast if I can just keep it up I will eventually reach it. Which most likely will be the case. :shades:

I also got three smithing levels from 66 to 69 today.

Off to bed, early wakeup. :sad:

u5zhkTY.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys. I remember you both aswell as being active members for long. Nice to see you still around.

And about the bonus XP weekend I'm not too sure. Obviously I will play some time, but not sure if I can maximize the effect. I mean, it's weekend after all and I could meet some friends and so on. On the other hand taking a pack of beer and just playing RS wouldn't hurt for a change. ;) Haven't done that in a long time! Though I will use some time to use some herbs for herblore or train some other skills too. However, I will be spending most of time at the Edgeville smelting / superheating bars. Even small bonus is bonus!

I think today I will make alot of bars. Point being I had annoying stomach ache in the morning and decided to skip the school day. I haven't skipped a single day yet this semester, so I gave myself the freedom this once. ;) I also got 70 smithing (picture below) and my silly kitten finally grow to a cat (after running away twice for me forgetting to feed the hungry hairball). I also got 71 smithing aswell, but I prefer posting circular numbers.

70smith.png?t=1283161844

And the GE has been doing it's trick while I was sleeping, so I managed to buy quite a bit of more gold ores / natures. I still have 50k more ore buying. That won't get me to 99 yet, and I'm already getting a bit worried with the money part. I wouldn't like to sell much of anything I could actually need. Oh well, I hope MTK will be the one funding the last part of bars/nats. However, here is a picture of what I have bought:

sydansuunnitelma3.jpg?t=1283162008

Also my final exams are closing in, so I suppose I should start reading a bit. There is plenty of time to do it I guess.

u5zhkTY.gif

So today as I wasn't at school and had that annoying stomach ache, I had a bit more time on PC than normal. I ended up making quite a bit bars (which won't happen most likely again in a while). So I managed to make over 5500 bars today, which is alot for me. Quite happy, even though the day itself wasn't the best I've had.

Also my smithing level is now 73. :smile:

u5zhkTY.gif

Today I was already feeling better and managed to go to school aswell. I didn't have much of stuff to do after the school day, so I had quite a bit of time to make bars. I managed to do well with couple smithing levels, over 3000 bars, magic level and 6 dungeoneering levels (Tears of Guthix). I also collected my Miscellania (to sell while graphs are still up before the XP weekend) and it gave me decent 2,5m+ profit.

I'm still wondering whether my money supply will get me to 99 smithing (and by using superheat aswell, not just smelt) or not. I was thinking of maybe starting a semi-goal of making some bracelets out of the gold bars. That would give me some crafting XP aswell as it would also cut my losses a bit. On the other hand it does sound quite timeconsuming, and would probably slow me down alot. Will see how it goes. Here are my MTK collects and 75 smithing (+ update of my resources/money/bars situation). :???:

Miscellania

MTK.png?t=1283279741

75 Smithing

75smith.png?t=1283280062

u5zhkTY.gif

Today I didn't enjoy smelting as much as previous days. However I managed to do decent bit (I think), over 2000 bars atleast. I had quite long day at school and there were some quite interesting stuff. Had alot of more important stuff (girls) on my mind so focusing on RS was hard. Well, not a biggie. Atleast I managed to get 76 smithing, which I'm fairly glad about!

u5zhkTY.gif

2,5k bars today and 77 smithing. Had quite bad day in overall due to some stuff happening in RL, so didn't feel like playing much. And I was very slow at smelting as my thoughts wondered around the globe. Just finished my philosophy essay and I'm off to bed. Ready for weekend and for the bonus XP! :shades: (and the beer)

u5zhkTY.gif

Hmm.. I was bit dissapointed to find out that the goldsmithing gauntlets effect didn't stack up with the bonus XP. So when smithing you get bonus XP only for the gold ore smelt without gauntlets. Meaning at most I can get like 60xp per bar, while it should've been more like 120xp+ with goldsmithing gauntlets (56,2xp x 2.7 or so). Superheating gave crazy amount of magic XP though.

So today I've been doing alot of different stuff. Rounded up my 84 cooking till 85, finally got that silly 56 agility that's needed for Regicide (I've been supposed to get that like 3 years ago, and it was always 55, god I hate agility). Eventually I realised what a good time it is to raise summoning, and used some time for it. Managed to get 1 summoning level, and still waiting for GE to buy me secondaries needed for using crimsons and gold charms. Thereforth won't be doing much of bars now (until the bonus XP percentage goes down).

Oh yeah, I also got 65 crafting by doing some gold bracelets. :D

u5zhkTY.gif

Okay today I didn't do any gold bars at all. :---)

That was because there is some stupid bug with the bonus XP, it gives less XP than I would normally get with smithing with goldsmithing gauntlets. Thereforth I decided not to waste my time on that, and instead went doing some slayer. Managed to get 93 attack and also did some summoning (got 63 there).

Overall I didn't play much at all, because my friends came over and we had few drinks and so forth.

Tomorrow (i will have a bit hangover most likely) I will play more. :D

u5zhkTY.gif

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating blog lately. Reason was the stupid "glitch" with the goldsmithing gauntlets, which didn't give proper XP during the bonus weekend. I got actually less XP than normally, thereforth I did zero bars, and had no proper reason for update. Anyways, I did lots of other stuff (making money) to afford my way to the 99 smithing eventually.

I wasn't very effective XP wise, but not a biggie. Maybe next time then!

I got 78 smithing today, and will probably get 84 magic aswell. Laters!

u5zhkTY.gif