• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer is always good, thanks for asking!

So, I was sick with a fever for few days, and even though I had time, I didn't have will to play that much. Made some bars of course, but the headache beat me often to it. So I just chilled out and did some bars here and there. In overall it's coming along allright. Sometimes I have a bit desperate feeling, thinking about the 200k bars left to be smithed. But in the other hand it pays off to be patient. It's not as easy as it sounds always, though. But I bet most of you hardcore gamers know what I'm talking 'bout. :blink:

Anyways, sometimes I feel I would want to do some another goal, instead of sticking to this. So I will be doing other stuff aswell (as you can see from my level ups), instead of smithing only. Maybe this takes longer that way, but atleast I can do what I enjoy. I even did some dungeoneering, even though the XP rate was horrible. Maybe that game is not so bad after all, just need to get into it. Bad thing I don't have alot of friends who could either teach me the ways of dungeoneering, or who would want to do it with me. Maybe in the future when I get some levels first?

Real world news! It's weekend again (I was only 1 day at school) and I'm feeling great! I could basically get couple beers again or something but I'm not so sure! On the other hand I feel like gaming today, so we will see.

By the way, I also updated the blog outlook (the stats part) to look a bit better. Added some neat colours to make it easier to track. Colours are kind of selfexplanatory. And here is what got me a bit proud yesterday. 80 Smithing!

80smith.png?t=1284122347

Wohoo!

u5zhkTY.gif

Ok, so I did some calculating with experience left and how long I could estimate this would take. So thereforth I got a neat idea: Why not to get this on my 18th birthday? I estimated I have 191316 bars left to smelt and 67 days left (17.11.2010) = 2855 average/day. This is quite "tough" rate for me, but it's not exactly impossible. I can make like 3k bars most of the time, and if I just try to top that to 4-5k every once in a while, I could keep up with my semi-slacking rate. I have life to live, and not that much time to play after all.

However, getting my first 99 skill after 9 years of playing, would sound like a decent birthday present for myself. :P And it won't stop there. I also decided to save my MTK to that day + I'm also collecting sort of another birthday present that I can reveal to you guys later. In overall this would give me a nice timeline to work on my projects, keep having decent pace, but not exhausting myself.

Also this would make certain, that day will be one of my greatest days in RS, hopefully like that also in real life (I might not be able to "party" in RS much, cause I probably will be going around town all day, but I can party day after or so). :grin:

u5zhkTY.gif

Sorry for not writing update in few days. I have been updating the log on the front page though, so if someone is interested how am I doing, you can keep checking there.

Overall I had good weekend, felt good, played quite a bit and so forth. The week however is all about stressing about school and the final exams that are closing in. I'm trying to prepare to those atleast a bit, but I'm quite lazy to start with. Well, good thing there is still like three weeks time to prepare!

Last week I got 80 smithing for example (yay), and I'm already closing in 85. Will get 85 (and finally get one of my longtime dreams/goals done: being able to smith runite) today or tomorrow!

I also got this one (teleblock cool, though I never use it), and it's quite good one for me too. :)

85magic.png?t=1284557167

Trying to keep the 2,8k bars/day rate and still have time to do other stuff aswell. It is manageable! :P

u5zhkTY.gif

Good luck with your goals, but I'm not sure if its just me, but I think people who call themselves 'old school players' are stuck up and arrogant, thinking they're better because they've played a long time.

Good luck nonetheless.

Jamje.png

null and void

Oi lads!

It's been a while again since the latest proper update. Well I think it's time to update about how I am doing. In terms of the goal itself, I'm doing fine. I'm ahead of the schelude just a bit and trying to keep it that way. Rather try to push myself now instead of leaving it to last days. I rather take it easy when I'm close to the level, instead of then having to do thousands and thousands of bars in a day.

I also started to do some barrows every now and then, and I got couple drops already. Shame they weren't the most expensive ones (example: Karils coif, lousy 60k, and some others). I'm trying to earn some cash while I do this, so I won't be completely broke after smithing is done... Yeah I already start to think about "when it's done", instead of "if I get it done". I'm starting to believe that this time I'm going to take this to the very end and get what I'm aiming for!

Next week I will have week full of tests and my first part of my final exams at friday. Getting a bit nervous already. It's supposed to be the "most important thing" in our lives so far. So better try to succeed well in there. After that exam is done, I will be having alot more time to play and do other stuff aswell. I will also be less stressful and happy, so I can't wait to get it done. After that I can really start to think that this RS goal is also going to succeed. Best of luck to myself, lol. :grin:

My magic level is now 87 and smithing level is 88. I also got runecrafting level earlier from lamp. The halfway is closing in!

70kbarz.png?t=1285250505

It's weekend soon, cheers! :cool:

By the way, I do get bored with superheating. I just would get more bored if not doing it. This way I don't have to play so much, to achieve same thing. I just try to mix my day with different kind of activity so couple hours of playing here and there won't get me bored yet.

u5zhkTY.gif

I think it's time for update! Today was great day in RS, as one of my long time semi-goals came to it's end. 90+ smithing! I also did my 2 first effigy assists (free 30k xp, damn!) today. So if you guys have smithing effigys that need assistance, then please drop me a line. For now I can only help with 91 smithing ones, but will be able to do 93's in a week and 95's and 97's later too. All the free XP is very welcome. If I could maximize the use of effigies till the level 99, I could get like over 1,5m exp from just assisting. That would mean like 28k bars! That is 10 days of work in my rate! :blink:

So, please help out a fellow 'scaper with his road to his first 99. I would greatly appreciate.

90smith.png?t=1285696492

u5zhkTY.gif

Haven't updated in a while, so I guess it's a good time to do that too. Well, the exam I had, went decent (atleast it's over now) and I have all of the time in the world in my hands again. My coursetest week also is behind now, so I could fairly say there is no single worry in my head right now.

On the other hand it has affected my gaming a bit. I feel lazy! Always when I worry, I tend to end up playing just to draw my thoughts to something else. And end up being effective, hehe.

Oh well, atleast couple checkpoints are behind now. 100k bars done and 92 smithing! Effigy assists are always welcome!!

th_100kbarz.png?t=1286284047

92smith.png?t=1286284352

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I want to say, I'm sorry for not writing in a long time! That's due to the fact that I'm quite lazy to report my daily progress (I don't have much to tell to you) with long paragrams. However, I have updated my daily log (on the first page) every day, so if you're interested to know how I am doing, you can check there.

As you can see from my daily log, I have been doing many things alongside smithing. That should explain why the rate of bars done per day has been quite low. But it's cool, I'm still doing allright on my schelude, which is to get 99 smithing by 12nd - 14th of November. That's the weekend before my birthday, so it should be the "birthday present" for myself.

When I started playing again about 2 months ago, I wasn't extremely keen on the game. I just wanted to get 99 skill that I always wanted. Kind of finally achieve something, after eight years of wasting time. Well - now however - I have started likeing alot more of other stuff in the game aswell. I've tried minigames, raised skills I didn't like that much etc. But biggest impact was with slayer, that I tried again after months of no slaying at all. It was really more fun than I could remember. I certainly remember now why it was my favourite skill back in the days. After months of monotonious smithing, combat really seems like a fresh change! That's why I've already planned my next goal.

After 99 smithing, I will go for 127 combat (99 attack, 90 strenght, 90 defense, 94-95 hitpoints, 85 slayer, 80 prayer and 80 summoning). It should be fun!

Anyways, here are some sweet pics I got:

95 Smithing!!!

95smith.png?t=1287657251

15m total exp, ever since I started playing again. It's very much to me, if you consider it's over 1/4 of my total experience over 8 years of playing!

15m.png?t=1287657356

And I also have few questions. If I want to use [hide]tag like this[/hide] tag like this, how do I change the title that it shows? And how do I change title of my whole thread? I mean after I have 99 smithing, I would want to change my title but not to start whole new blog for it. :grin:

Keep you tuned!

u5zhkTY.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating.. ..in a while? :P

Anyways, alot has happened after my last post (I have kept my blog frontpage updated though). And after 71 days of almost nonstop smithing I have achieved this:

Some statistics:

During the 71 days I smelted 201,000 bars.

Which means I averaged about 2830 bars per day.

At the best day I made 7607 bars, and 0 bars in the worst.

I also got 930,000 xp from assisting other people (thank you very much for letting me assist), and 91,5k experience from my own effigys and one dragonkin lamp.

So, here are some photos: :smile:

99smithing1.png?t=1289143846

99smithing2.png?t=1289143875

Finally I was able to accomplish one of my longest RS related dreams. Smith full rune.

99smithing3.png?t=1289143915

What's better than playing around with yo-yo, in brand new smithing cape, while having selfmade rune full in inventory and watching while others keep on pushing themselves forward? :-D

99smithing4.png?t=1289143937

And here is my BOB after the smithing goal. As you can see, even though the smithing costed me over 50m, my bank is worth alot more than when I started. That's something I'm very happy about!

99smithingBOB.png?t=1289144012

^ That includes about 17m worth of collectings I collected from Miscellania a while earlier. And 7,5m in the coffins now.

So.. What the heck am I supposed to do now? :P My whole last two months of RS aimed only to this moment, and nothing beyond that was being thought out. I guess I'm just playing around with my yo-yo for a week or two now. :D

Special thanks for couple good friends who were nice to chat with and helped me keeping this thing going:

Scaledwurm

Rohanlord

Also for alot of people in world 138 edgeville furnace. We had alot of nice chats, gonna miss that place. :grin:

There is also topic in the rate-this section if you want to write there.

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Been sick lately (AGAIN), so haven't had much of anything else to do than play... Quite nice amount of experience made though. :smile: Been leveling magic and cooking lately, also did some mining (first time in ages) today. Going to get 80 mining with mining iron ores -> superheating them into bars and banking. Maybe make some iron knives if I feel like it eventually... Too lazy to post pictures now, sorry. Keep you updated. :---)

u5zhkTY.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in LONG time so here we go.

First of all, couple weeks ago I got 99 cooking. It was rather easy task and thereforth didn't bother much about it. I mean, it took like 2 weeks for 99, mostly watching movies and clicking occasionally. Not really hard 99. Oh well, that's one more down too.

Lately I've been chopping mahoganies quite a bit, and plan on doing so for the future too. I wish to get 99 woodcutting eventually. I'm also farming (got 72 farming today, calquats yay!) and doing some occasional quests. Been trying to dungeoneer every once in a while but I really can't find much of good on the skill. Maybe because the skill just sucks when playing solo... I haven't got much of luck finding teams either. I really want the farming scroll and scroll of cleansing though.

So, now I'm heading off to bed, and if you've been wondering what has happened to my blog.. Well nothing. My frontpage is still daily updating, I haven't just had time or motivation to update it more. Pictures of 99 cook are avaible if someone wishes to see. :grin:

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you have noted gold bars/ore and natures in your invon which you smelt in a furnace

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. :blink:

Anyways. Been gathering money lately.. Have a bit for christmas, you know? :)

I don't know where to spend money, but thanks to scroll of cleansing (cleaning herbs and making unf pots is kinda hard work though) I should be able to get one milestone broke today. 100m gp! Yay!

Gonna keep going, it's decent (free) herblore XP too (clearing herbs that is).

u5zhkTY.gif

Wooow, I remember you! Mostly from your signature :P It's great to see you! Best of luck with your goals :) And although I'm a little late to the party, congratulations on 99 smithing!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Wooow, I remember you! Mostly from your signature :P It's great to see you! Best of luck with your goals :) And although I'm a little late to the party, congratulations on 99 smithing!

I remember you too, tripsis. :) Also mostly from your digipaintings on gallery (you've certainly improved alot, I must say) but also from your blogscape thread that I used to read even years ago. I don't think I ever wrote a reply though, I'm afraid (shy as I am).

I really hope you keep painting, but also playing RS. It's nice to see familiar faces still around. :)

By the way, I've been working on a pixel signature (first in years) to celebrate my 99 smithing. It's RS related this time. It's gonna take me a while, but I'll certainly post it on gallery when it's finished. You might want to check it out. :cool:

And it's never too late for party! \:D/

u5zhkTY.gif

Also mostly from your digipaintings on gallery (you've certainly improved alot, I must say)

Thanks so much! ^_^

but also from your blogscape thread that I used to read even years ago. I don't think I ever wrote a reply though, I'm afraid (shy as I am).

Hehe don't worry! I miss my blog. I can't seem to find the motivation to stick with RuneScape anymore though :( At least not for more than a few days anyway.

By the way, I've been working on a pixel signature (first in years) to celebrate my 99 smithing. It's RS related this time. It's gonna take me a while, but I'll certainly post it on gallery when it's finished. You might want to check it out. :cool:

Ohh wonderful! I'd love to see it :) I'll definitely keep an eye on The Gallery!

Take care and happy holidays :grin:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

@ tripsis: Yeah I know exactly what you mean with the motivation part - but just be careful, it might just struck you one day and you're there to hunt more 99's all day long. :P I know it happened to me too. It took me 8 to 9 years to get my first skills to 90. Then suddenly in 3 months time I got my first two 99s and still going strong. I know it's not all about high levels, but you maybe get what I mean! :oops:

Happy holidays to you too.

And heres a picture of something unique (for me) I achieved first time during my RS career!

100mgp.png?t=1292829586

u5zhkTY.gif