Should skillcapes give extra bonusses?

w0odspriteV2

Should skillcapes give extra bonusses to the skill you've reached 99 in?

I'll take the magic skillcape as example, when maging you're much better off with a god cape seeing as it has a +10 bonus in comparison to the +0 of the cape.

Yes it gives +1, but only for a minute. Shouldn't it give say a +5 def/att bonus for mage

Strength cape +5 to strength, attack cape +5 to slash/crush/stab, etc.

Gives skillcapes a use instead of showing off.

2d0f03c.png

No, they are mostly meant for showing off and not very hard to get. If there were capes for 120, then yes, it'd be justified(just as 120 dung cape should give atleast some bonuses) of if there would be some bonus stats for having 10/20 or 25 capes, otherwise it's justified that sw/fire and ardy capes are better than skill capes.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It sounds like a good idea. I've seen this idea crop up in loads of places, namely Suggestions forums and RSOF, and they all suggest that skillcapes should give a bonus, for instance, you cut faster with 99 WC and so on.

Although, bonuses for Combat Stats may be a bit biased, especially in PVP. If Strength Cape had a +5 bonus then higher hits would be achieved and people would complain... etc. Although I doubt +5 Str would make a difference >_>

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

It sounds like a good idea. I've seen this idea crop up in loads of places, namely Suggestions forums and RSOF, and they all suggest that skillcapes should give a bonus, for instance, you cut faster with 99 WC and so on.

Although, bonuses for Combat Stats may be a bit biased, especially in PVP. If Strength Cape had a +5 bonus then higher hits would be achieved and people would complain... etc. Although I doubt +5 Str would make a difference >_>

Thats true, but they did work for that lvl at least even if it wasn't hard to achieve that would just mean the person complaining should go get that lvl if its so easy.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

i like my 99k obby cape.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

That sounds like a great ideo to me. It wouldn't really work with anything except combat unless they added content for like lvl 101 and stuff >.<

What if skilling capes gave minuscule bonuses while using them to skill?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I don't think so. Skillcapes are they are already make many people grind skills like cooking and fletching to 99 so they can have the "respect" for having a skillcape. Imagine how it would be if they had added bonuses.

Giving an added bonus over that would hurt the game imo.

I think the advent of soul wars capes has made characters look less unique

I liked it better when achievement capes were the best, because then you could show off.

I thought fire capes were best?

Personally, I think skillcapes shouldn't be given these bonuses. They're mostly used for showing off.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I liked it better when achievement capes were the best, because then you could show off.

I don't recall that time, could you remind us all when that was?

Obviously, skill capes have never been about their stats, but rather looks and...achievement.

While I don't believe that giving skill capes any sort of bonuses or abilities is necessary, I would not be opposed to giving them very minuscule and convenient abilities (but not actual stat bonuses). For example, an agility cape could lower your weight slightly, a fishing cape could increase the rate you catch fish by 2-3%, a ranged cape could act a an accumulator, etc. Things like that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Obviously, skill capes have never been about their stats, but rather looks and...achievement.

I'll clarify, I meant best prayer bonus

Back before the ardy cape, and the soul wars cape.

Achievement capes + the firecape were essentially the best.

And since there are 25 different skillcapes, it meant that each character could have a unique looking cape on their back, without having to compromise statewise.

there's only 2 colors on the soul wars cape.

And achievement capes really don't compare to the soul wars cape.

Naaxi.png

Pre-ardougne cape. They were a close second to Fire capes for their prayer bonus. And the best option for those unable to do the fight cave.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

No, they're fine the way they are. Additional bonuses would be unnecessary and unbalancing, and overall, would be bad for the game.

While I don't believe that giving skill capes any sort of bonuses or abilities is necessary, I would not be opposed to giving them very minuscule and convenient abilities (but not actual stat bonuses). For example, an agility cape could lower your weight slightly, a fishing cape could increase the rate you catch fish by 2-3%, a ranged cape could act a an accumulator, etc. Things like that.

They already give a miniscule ability of +1 to their stat.

No, they're fine the way they are. Additional bonuses would be unnecessary and unbalancing, and overall, would be bad for the game.

They already give a miniscule ability of +1 to their stat.

Perhaps slightly less minuscule abilities. ;) Again, though, adding anything to skill capes would be unnecessary. However, I do agree with xpx (I think he said this) that 120 capes should have good stats and some sort of ability. I'm surprised the 120 DG cape doesn't.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pre-ardougne cape. They were a close second to Fire capes for their prayer bonus. And the best option for those unable to do the fight cave.

Well in reality, a skill cape has never been the best cape and that's what i'm pointing out. It's stats used to be better than they are now, but even before them, god capes gave +3 prayer bonus, so there was never really any reason to specifically max out 2 skills.

However, I do agree with xpx (I think he said this) that 120 capes should have good stats and some sort of ability. I'm surprised the 120 DG cape doesn't.

120 capes would be even worse to give extra abilities to, because then people would feel obligated to "go for" them, and that's an unhealthy paradigm for Jagex to support.