What makes you interested in a clan?

The Observer

Most of you are or have been in clans. More than one clan for a lot of you. You had to become interested to write up a join application right? So here comes the question... what makes YOU interested in joining a clan?

j0xPu5R.png

What makes it for me to be interested in clans will most prob to see how it is, have fun and gain some experience out of it. Thought once you join a clan with a great community and feel like in a family it will be hard to leave it and apply for other.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Community more than war for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Proud Ex-Council of Tempted Killers, There Since Day One~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~No Regrets, Only Memories ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I originally got interested in clans back in old wilderness. I would see large amounts of people in edge in the same cape, organized. I also pk'd looters on my pures and always wanted to join on my main but never had the bank or full knowledge of going about joining a clan.

Now that I've been in clans, and experienced it I would have to say the community is what makes it worth the app.

6590ew.jpg

Can't really say, never looked for a clan before. But, if I had to imagine then I'd want the clan to be small, relaxed environment where people are laid back and a good community :)

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

The potential of the clan and the direction it is heading. I'm not interested in joining a clan that's already established themselves as the best or I would have, but one that move up and I like to be a part of that more than anything.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Well, it helps to know people already in the clan, if you don't then I guess if the clan has a community that you feel that you can fit into then it's definitely a positive. That's the main thing for me. I would like them to war but their power is not a thing that I would be worried about, I would infact be more interested in joining a small clan than a power house.

A wide range of events is also a positive, they can positively affect the atmosphere and community of the clan and variety is always a good thing, that is one thing that really made me enjoy being a part of BK, we used to do any event we could think of, from Trawler and fishing events to Steel Wars and Snowball fights and everything else in between.

I also either like a clan to have an interesting history or I would like to be there from the very beginning, currently I have the former but I always regret not being there for the events in the stories that the older members tell. (obvious one in BK is the BK v Gladz official war in 2005)

Do you want to love me?

What first brought me into my clan:

1) Community - How well the members interact with eachother, how fun the community is

2) Leadership - The points of not running into situations that can't be handled.

3) Types of wars - Personally I enjoy a mix of CWA and PVP

You dont fully know the community untill you join, joining a clan based off community is just the outisde of a clan and how they present themselves.

I joined DF based on their attitude, Will to move forward. I'm a competitve person myself so i wanted my clan to be too. DF fits my personality, It's all i look for in a clan basically.

areyouinpk8.gif

Divine Forces Warlord - Loved by few , hated by Many , Feared by all.

I'm not sure why I joined Gladz. I had been a Tip.it user for years but my knowledge of the clan world was limited. The only clans I knew were THE, DI, DS and Gladz. I think I also played Castle Wars with a few members of BK on W99 as well at one point or another. I basically joined Gladz because I had heard of a few of their members (Dirtbag02, N0valyfe) and thought it would be cool to have a look. I didn't join seriously so it's a complete surprise that i'm still there 3 years later. :shades:

Now that I have some knowledge of clanning, I would choose a clan which has a strong community but a commitment towards excellance in fights. It shouldn't restrict itself to appease fansite communities (i.e. not doing CWA because it's a taboo) and should believe in having integrity at all times. Annoying officials also don't appeal to me.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Well, if I was clanless, what would make me interested are the views the clan has. For example if it's an honour clan, where the clan is directed. But to be honest the community would be a massive part to me, aswell as the clan's warring ability.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

I hit a point last year when I asked myself this same question and all I could come up with was the community. Then I followed that up with, "Well if all I care about is the community, why the hell am I in a PvP clan?" Obviously after all my musings I've come to the conclusion that the excitement and strategy of PvP wars were equally important to me, or I wouldn't still be in Solace. :P

But I have to wonder if everyone here who has responded "the community" as their knee-jerk response has asked themselves that too.

hzvjpwS.gif

For me, as with many people, it's mostly about community. I'm very hesitant to join a clan in any game, unless I already know several of the members, and get along with them. I look for a friendly, and mature community, that wants to have me around- not snobs who want me to prove myself worthy. I also have to play the game often enough online to justify becoming a member.

For the most part, I prefer to just play with people I know, rather than as a clan. My main beef with clans, other than the community, is the leadership. Allot of clan leaders have view's about what their clan is, and should become, that are in conflict with what I'm looking for. Generally, if I want to be part of a clan, I prefer to try and start my own. It's not easy, but the reward seems better, when I have more control. Call me a control freak if you will, I don't like having to appease a leader, and worry that he may take something the wrong way.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

What first brought me into my clan:

1) Community - How well the members interact with eachother, how fun the community is

2) Leadership - The points of not running into situations that can't be handled.

3) Types of wars - Personally I enjoy a mix of CWA and PVP

This :thumbsup:

rlwHd.png

126 F2P / 138 P2P

~ Contact me ~

Hej Dar - ♥Ȟèℑ Ðáℜ

I hit a point last year when I asked myself this same question and all I could come up with was the community. Then I followed that up with, "Well if all I care about is the community, why the hell am I in a PvP clan?" Obviously after all my musings I've come to the conclusion that the excitement and strategy of PvP wars were equally important to me, or I wouldn't still be in Solace. :P

But I have to wonder if everyone here who has responded "the community" as their knee-jerk response has asked themselves that too.

I have, and I found myself answering with the communities wouldn't be the same. Plus I don't like skilling so yes there is a good deal about warring that comes into play, but I'm not sure everyone cares so much about winning, or at least that's what they try to portray icon_twisted.gif

6590ew.jpg

The amount of females I guess!

Community ofcourse :)

join t0, we got loads!

seriously its a mid sized clan that i prefer and how the community is, if i dont feel myself in the clan since the first week then i dont think i can carry on, T0 and Resilience were the clans were i felt at home since day 1 of their openings and are just perfect for me.

kristn.png

Partially the comunity and mainly the waring aspects, but not a clan that has so much drama on rsc like the top clans have, or those uncapped fights as i find my atention dropping big time after about 30-40 mins in a pkri especially if its nothing new. How those peeps who do uncapped pkri's i'll never know or at least for a while i wont, its why i prefer a mid size clan.

envy42.png