Upgraded Player Moderators

Guest Roast

I'm suggesting this as a method to counter rule breaking and cheating scum who think they can get away with it: Slayer mods

A few elite upgraded player mods, known to be trustworty and who've been player mods for a long time. They would have the power to kill people and the power to teleport them to a place like the black hole (some of you may have discs of returning from this). Except, you'd be sent there for up to 5 days for rulebreaking.

All teleports would be disabled, and you cannot interact with other players in there or talk.

Would you break the rules in the presence of a person who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

This would be a very effective method of countering rulebreaking and would show that Jagex enforce their rules.

This isn't likely to be abused by corrupt mods, because Jagex would hand pick the best, and most responsible people from the player moderators who have proven themselves while being player moderators and have always been fair in their judgement.

If you support this idea, put this in your signature: gallery_187543_324_2913.png

http://forum.tip.it/uploads/1281037921/gallery_187543_324_2913.png Put [ img] before the link and [ /img] after the link (without the spaces) and put it in your signature if you support the idea.

Its effectiveness would be determined solely by the judgment of the moderator enforcing the punishment. I know of too many long-term player mods who aren't all that 'great', we'll say, to make me want to buy into an idea like this. Player mods who are chosen from the userbase are already considered 'trustworthy', yet look at how many go wrong.

Dunno. This seems like one of those dream ideas that would work great in a perfect world...but nowhere else. :3

hzvjpwS.gif

It would be VERY hard to determine who and how many of the mods would be accepted into doing this. I know that being a mod already shows that you have some trustworthiness in your, but as Kimberley said, there are many bad apples that turn up that are given the power to mute. I like the idea of this, but I honestly don't see it happening because it's hard to judge who is REALLY trustworthy to do it.

bleach-signature.jpg

I think this is a great idea in principal, but as Kimberly said there are problems enough with the pmods as it is.

All it would take is one person abusing this power to destroy faith in the pmods altogether.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

sorry kid get back to the lab and move on to your next whim. when you get selected for player moderator-ship then you can suggest super moderators.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Did you know Norway, one of the Countries with the lowest crime rate, has almost luxurious prisons?

And American prisons, cold, crowded, and spiteful, correlate with the United States having one of highest crime rates among developed counties? (Sure is cheaper than giving prisoners flat-screen TVs, though.)

Clearly, maximum punishment is not the key. It isn't in RL, and it isn't here. Why did they remove the Black Hole to begin with?

To be honest, most people who break rules feel like they have justification for doing so, as irrational as it seems to others. So if I was doing something I THOUGHT was right, but got punished for it and KILLED for it, what would I do? I rain burning sulfur down on whoever did it to me, or at least I would try. Extreme punishment is not the answer, esp. on an online game where the same player can live multiple lives simultaneously.

Would you break the rules in the presence of a person who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you kill monsters in the presence of a person who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you mine ores in the presence of a person who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you outbid a player who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you refuse to buy junk from a player who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you wear anything of value in the presence of a player who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you go to PvP in the presence of a player who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

Would you play runescape in the presence of a player who can kill you instantly and put you in a cell for 5 days?

I didn't think so.

--

This has to be THE WORST suggestion I have ever read. It's like telling policemen to execute speeders or having cities of people exterminated to reduce crime, no questions asked.

I mean the best of the player mods, the ones who are always fair, the ones who never break the rules, the ones who haven't, and won't abuse their power and are well known to the players for being good and fair mods.

How many pmods are well known to you?

Myself, I only know of a couple because they're members of TIF, but I've never seen them in-game so I couldn't comment on how good or fair they are. In over 5 years of playing, I've only seen a pmod in-game twice; once was at Lady Shahdie's 99 Mining party, and the second didn't exactly leave me with the best impression of them (and no, it wasn't because I was doing something wrong and I'm bitter).

Currently pmods are simply more respected by Jagex and thus their abuse reports are given higher priority and they are trusted to mute disrespectful players. Mutes are easily gauged and, from what I've seen, generally only argued by the people who receive them. Bans are harder, that's why Jagex carefully reviews the player's behavior before handing them out.

No matter how well intentioned this would be if implemented, eventually they would accidentally hit somebody who wasn't doing anything wrong and the backlash against the pmods would be incredible.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well the flaw of this system would be the fact that people change. Even if they haven't done anything in the past doesn't mean they never would start to abuse their power, causing just more headache for players and jagex than what the rule breakers would.

Sorry but this is just generally a bad idea.

Sephy.png

I'm suggesting this as a method to counter rule breaking and cheating scum who think they can get away with it: Slayer mods

A few elite upgraded player mods, known to be trustworty and who've been player mods for a long time. They would have the power to kill people and the power to teleport them to a place like the black hole (some of you may have discs of returning from this). Except, you'd be sent there for up to 5 days for rulebreaking.

All teleports would be disabled, and you cannot interact with other players in there or talk.

I didn't think so.

This would be a very effective method of countering rulebreaking and would show that Jagex enforce their rules.

This isn't likely to be abused by corrupt mods, because Jagex would hand pick the best, and most responsible people from the player moderators who have proven themselves while being player moderators and have always been fair in their judgement.

If you support this idea, put this in your signature: gallery_187543_324_2913.png

http://forum.tip.it/uploads/1281037921/gallery_187543_324_2913.png Put [ img] before the link and [ /img] after the link (without the spaces) and put it in your signature if you support the idea.

And obviously you'd be The Godfather. The absolute final boss, the best of the elite, the PROTOTYPE for all those slayer mods because you are... yeah. The person you are.

I mean the best of the player mods, the ones who are always fair, the ones who never break the rules, the ones who haven't, and won't abuse their power and are well known to the players for being good and fair mods.

No such thing.

when you get selected for player moderator-ship then you can suggest super moderators.

I fear the day this will happen. Not because I bot or anything like that, but because I'm getting sick of seeing moderators that are stupider than me.

...Sadly it will happen sooner or later (because Jagex changed their mod policy)

Well the flaw of this system would be the fact that people change. Even if they haven't done anything in the past doesn't mean they never would start to abuse their power, causing just more headache for players and jagex than what the rule breakers would.

This.

Sorry for the harsh reply, but things like this enrages me beyond belief.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I didn't think so.

And obviously you'd be The Godfather. The absolute final boss, the best of the elite, the PROTOTYPE for all those slayer mods because you are... yeah. The person you are.

No such thing.

when you get selected for player moderator-ship then you can suggest super moderators.

I fear the day this will happen. Not because I bot or anything like that, but because I'm getting sick of seeing moderators that are stupider than me.

...Sadly it will happen sooner or later (because Jagex changed their mod policy)

This.

Sorry for the harsh reply, but things like this enrages me beyond belief.

+1

Agreement.

intersting idea

but i dont think runescape would come up with ideas like this -.-

runescape already putting mods for all this jobs

+ banning is even harder than just putting them in black hole where they cant touch with other people or talk with them and tele block him

but with ban he already cant enter to do that which i feel better

but nice idea

keep going with the better :shades:

o_espil.png

Wow this has to be the worst suggestion I've seen to do with rule breaking in a long time. I know I occasionally turn chat off so I don't have to deal with idiots so I would automatically be sent away for not seeing you spam my chat box with "r u a bot".

Low_C.png

Wow this has to be the worst suggestion I've seen to do with rule breaking in a long time. I know I occasionally turn chat off so I don't have to deal with idiots so I would automatically be sent away for not seeing you spam my chat box with "r u a bot".

I'd have guessed '[cabbage]ty troll' myself.

Otherwise I'd think this is what happens when somebody with no idea what they're talking about gets to make decisions. Though I don't know what's worse, that or the people agreeing. That almost scares me more.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that you want these moderators to "kill" people displays the obvious corruption of this idea by your personal grudges. Please re-evaluate this idea calmly and see if you come to the same conclusion. Killing the players would likely cause them to lose items, which really isn't how Runescape as a game is run. There are already punishments in place, why do you feel they need to be altered? You should also realize that bots would not stop botting just because someone is watching them, they also wouldn't care if they died.

In a world where your feet touch the ground, only giants have their heads in the clouds.

I support, but Bladewing, not your suggestion. What's up with your anti-bot-extremism anyway? Mind if I compare that to crusades, terrorism and something that I just had to mention?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted