Xbox Live Price increase.

abbydog95

I wouldnt freak out over it. But i dont like the principle of how this Gigantic company that is one of the richest in the world increases it and doesnt give anything out of it. Although i got a ps3 because i like it better, i still dont like having to pay money to play my games that i payed for already

To give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt this may be due to the natural increase of people on Xbox Live, and they need the extra money to support so many people. Halo Reach is coming out in 2 weeks time and thats obviously going to be a massive launch, and without proper support could backfire very badly with Xbox Live crashing or something. When MW2 came out Xbox Live managed to hold up to the pressure whilst the PSN crashed, and I think people won't mind paying a small amount extra to have a problem free experience. Its not like they've hiked it up without telling anybody as on the Xbox dashboard theres a big sign saying you can renew now and use the old price. As you say I don't think this is that big of a deal as long as they don't increase it every year, the 360s been out what 5 years and Live hasn't increased during that time I don't think, I imagine you posted this thread just to bait 360 owners anyway.

I wouldnt freak out over it. But i dont like the principle of how this Gigantic company that is one of the richest in the world increases it and doesnt give anything out of it. Although i got a ps3 because i like it better, i still dont like having to pay money to play my games that i payed for already

To give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt this may be due to the natural increase of people on Xbox Live, and they need the extra money to support so many people. Halo Reach is coming out in 2 weeks time and thats obviously going to be a massive launch, and without proper support could backfire very badly with Xbox Live crashing or something. When MW2 came out Xbox Live managed to hold up to the pressure whilst the PSN crashed, and I think people won't mind paying a small amount extra to have a problem free experience.

While this could be true, nobody has said that the money would be going towards making a "problem free experience." And it'll happen in... what? November? That's quite a while after Reach has been launched.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

upping the price is ridiculous but there is little for people to do about it, I mean what are you going to do stop playing your video games online now that they upped the price, no, so overall it isn't fair to the consumers you don't have a choice.

tFtfA.jpg

So wait, what? I have to fork over an extra $10 a year for nothing?

[bleep] you, Microsoft. And your overpriced controller too.

You know those nice features they usually roll out in the fall? That's what you're paying for.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's only $10. Really, considering that most MMO players are forking out $15 a month, it's really not that bad in retrospect by comparison.

What are those new features they're adding that justifies the $10 increase though?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

They've only announced an update to their voice chat so far. I'm just saying in general, the more features they add to Xbox Live, the more we'll need to pay.

You know those nice features they usually roll out in the fall? That's what you're paying for.

Care to elaborate? I gotta say, I don't even use the majority of features Live offers.

Care to elaborate? I gotta say, I don't even use the majority of features Live offers.

Streaming Netflix, Party Chat, Last.fm, Twitter, Facebook, Avatar's, Zune Marketplace on 360, etc. Every year they add lots of new features to Xbox Live, which can justify the price increase. Just because you personally don't use some of the features, doesn't mean that other people don't use them.

This is where I'm glad I got a Ps3 Instead of Xbox.

I just hope that price increase goes into good use.

I can deal with the price increase, if it goes towards a good cause. Like helping shut down boosters and hackers and such. But I doubt it will, unfortunately. Money hungry people suck :(

35b9enp.jpg

I hadn't ever had XBL because I don't have the connection to support it. Although, I've currently sent an internet company to go hookup some highspeed at my college residence for this years college bout. I'm hoping it's capable of supporting XBL, because if it does I definitely plan to partake. I'll buy a month membership and see how it works, and if it works well then I'll buy a year subscription just before this "price hike". Although, in my opinion such a raise in price is unnoticable, as the service is already quite cheap.

Also, I'm curious: How will a 7.5mb/s download rate work for XBL? It's the fastest connection that the internet provider will offer so a student plan (reduced rates). I hope it's up to snuff...

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Streaming Netflix, Party Chat, Last.fm, Twitter, Facebook, Avatar's, Zune Marketplace on 360, etc. Every year they add lots of new features to Xbox Live, which can justify the price increase. Just because you personally don't use some of the features, doesn't mean that other people don't use them.

Fair enough, after looking into it a bit more I suppose there is justification for a price increase, such as inflation. Although, reading your post has made me realise the value for my dollar is seriously lacking.. Between there being no Netflix in Canada, useless avatars, me not owning a zune, and other applications that can be accessible online... Anyway, thanks.

What they should have done was have a "veteran's" deal. Either don't increase it at all, or only increase it a little bit for long-time subscribers. Either way I'll still pay for it, until companies start charging us to play THEIR games online.

There's a line to stop paying, but a small increase like this isn't it.

Uh, what? If anything, long time subscribers should be getting a little bit of a decrease, not an increase.

Fair enough, after looking into it a bit more I suppose there is justification for a price increase, such as inflation. Although, reading your post has made me realise the value for my dollar is seriously lacking.. Between there being no Netflix in Canada, useless avatars, me not owning a zune, and other applications that can be accessible online... Anyway, thanks.

They're also coming out with ESPN3 streaming sometime in the future. Oh also, you don't have to have a Zune to use Zune Marketplace. You can rent and watch movies, watch movie trailers, and download all other sorts of things. Just saying.

Dennydispoto.gif

Dag King Drops: D axe(3), Zerker Ring(3)

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan Spears. 33 drops total.

I honestly thought that controller video was something from collegehumor. Really, who the hell even uses the D-pad. And then there's the new xbox 360s with the 4GB HDD. Seriously? 4GB only? I know you need an incentive to get people to buy the better model, but you can't even download more then 4 map packs onto that without filling it. Do they even make [bleep]ing 4gb HDs anymore? It probably costs less for a 20GB model. A 25 cent DVD holds more that. [bleep] YOU MICROSOFT [/rant]

I don't mind the price increase though if they can justify it with new content.

I honestly thought that controller video was something from collegehumor. Really, who the hell even uses the D-pad. And then there's the new xbox 360s with the 4GB HDD. Seriously? 4GB only? I know you need an incentive to get people to buy the better model, but you can't even download more then 4 map packs onto that without filling it. Do they even make [bleep]ing 4gb HDs anymore? It probably costs less for a 20GB model. A 25 cent DVD holds more that. [bleep] YOU MICROSOFT [/rant]

I don't mind the price increase though if they can justify it with new content.

The 4GBs the successor to the Arcade model, which only had 256MB flash memory and before that had nothing. You might be ok with the 4GB though because theres no longer any need to download games to the hard drive.

me not owning a zune

Who does lol

It just pisses me off that they go out of their way to make something worse, just so people buy the better version.

There is still a need to download games, if one of your disks gets partially damaged, you can borrow a friend's game to download and use your disk for verification.

Me and my roomates 360 is the new 4gig version. Old 20 gig model broke so we decided to go for it instead of a preferb.

Honestly I hardly use the damn thing (same for him) so 4 gig is more than fine. I do most of my actual console gaming on my PS3.

Btw the dpad thing, ever play a fighting game? Of course that being said I wouldn't spend that kind of money when you could get a fight stick for that price.