01-Sep-10 - Behind The Scenes - September

Toad

I am surprised nobody mentioned removing "Romeo and Juliet"? I am curious as to see are they removing the quest entirely, or does it just lose the quest status.

It will more than likely lose its quest status, like Witch's Potion did. Not really a big deal.

That is what I have presumed, however the wording is quite peculiar, I wonder....

Actually, looking at it now, I think they're going to replace the quest with a similar but more Runescape themed one.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda put off by how they want to take out Romeo and Juliet as a quest. Despite the fact that it's easy, straightfroward, and gives the same number of QP as WGS, I feel like they're just ripping up part of the game's history.

Also, Elite Diaries. Even more insane levels for me to churn out now :roll:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Perhaps I am looking at this too closely, but the way I interpret this is that "Romeo and Juliet" will be removed entirely from the game, the rewards and Quest Points will be instead given out by the new quest.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Perhaps I am looking at this too closely, but the way I interpret this is that "Romeo and Juliet" will be removed entirely from the game, the rewards and Quest Points will be instead given out by the new quest.

:wall: That's what happened with Witch's Potion and Sheep Shearer. They will most likely be left as miniquests only because of the fact that Willholmes mentioned (I think?), that it ties in with a few other quests.

hzvjpwS.gif

That's how I interpreted it as well. The quest only gave out Quest Points as a reward too so removing it wouldn't cause too many problems as long as the replacement gives out 5QPs as well.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

:wall: That's what happened with Witch's Potion and Sheep Shearer. They will most likely be left as miniquests only because of the fact that Willholmes mentioned (I think?), that it ties in with a few other quests.

The NPC can be left behind to fill the plot hole so it is entirely possible for Jagex to remove RJ completely. I am going to assume that is the case, but you have to admit the wording does seem to point in the other direction

PS: No need to get frustrated with me, love you too babe. :shades:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Elite diaries sound good ,especially with the "current rewards being made better" Hopefully we see rewards on par with ardougne for all the diaries.

Thou the extra slayer points for laplok task sounds a bit meh for an elite reward since laplok isn't the best slayer master.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

New elite diary is likely Karamja, requiring WGS (why else would it mention Lapalok~?).

Aside from that... nothing interesting. Too weak for the elites, new quest sounds boring (if it's a remake of Romeo and Juliet, it's more or less just another crap quest). Hope they don't take away Romeo and Juliet though :(.

EDIT: Z buffering looks good, if they don't mess this up it could actually be half-decent.

The only important thing i read from that is...is it possible to fish sharks barehanded with stat boost(admiral pie) etc?

edit: yeah, it's possible, so 91 firshing would do for the elite. Looks like i'm all set :thumbsup:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'm hoping the hard Lumbridge/Draynor Diary will be F2P. I had a lot of fun doing the first three.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

New Elite diaries look incredible. Finally something even I have to train hard for. 92 FM and 96 Fishing.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.