Introductions & Farewells

Laura

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone im new to tip it forums my name is Sean most of my friends irl and on runescape call me Roob I am 18 years old I have used tip it for about 2 years now I just decided to use forums i want to become better involved with the tip it community in every way that i can I do play runescape and runescape classic (mostly runescape) been playing since September 2005. On runescape I have a level 128 7 99s and around 120m anyone is welcome to add me if they want to be friends on here or on runescape. My private chat is always on. Well that is just about everything I think you need to know about me I look forward to getting more involved with tip it forums and community and maybe become friends and talk with some of you guys. Later everyone :P

Sean_j4l.png

I'm through here.

There's too many goddamn trolls and the mods do nothing about them. The overall quality of these forums is barely better than the RSOF anymore.

I might return a long time down the road, but I probably won't. Most of you won't miss me, and some [wagon] like String and Anonytroll might actually rejoice that I'm gone. Good for you if you do, I won't be around to see it. ;)

td2sig.jpg

Hi guyz!

I started to play runescape actively from year 2001-2003. The era where Sandytrain, Alchemon, Krest, pugxsi, bluerose13x are famous players.

I've since grown up by then but now im trying to make a come back to RS !!

May not be so active like last time but couple of hours a week will be great as well..

Those who still remembers me, feel free to add me and me can catch up with lotsa things.

Regards,

twelee

Hi, Ive been lurking these forums for years (:. Only playing Runeskape to slay anymore, trying to max out minigameskill with effigies but it'll most likely takes years. So I probably never max out again innit. : ( Only real goal is to get 200M str exp before august 2011, which I most likely cant get because the small amount of time I play anymore. O well, maybe I get dat frontpage herblore sometimes <3.

111111111.png

200000000.png

Hey guys, I'm new to Tip.It; not to RS or forums though (I've been on Sal's before, but wanted a breath of fresh air) so yeah, this is my introduction to the forums :D

Funny Quotes

[spoiler=Funny Quotes in here :)]

Define useless.

Having no uses

Hi everyone,

I have joined the Tip.it a couple day ago although I have been playing RS and using this site on and off since Halloween Event in 2007.

So I decided to give something back because Tip.it has helped me a lot; from being a newby to experienced player I am today, I have seeked information on Tip.it or just using it for reference.

I hope my contributions will help you make the site and everything a little better :)

Live long and prosper, and play RS for fun

wise_strucko.png

Hi hi, I just joined Tip.it... 5 minutes ago? Something around that, and decided to drop by here and say hi! I feel like signing up for tip.it because the community has a warm and welcoming feeling to it. Also, the calculators and guides really help me o-o

My real name is J.R. Kerr and I am a monster.

rats_00.jpg

The only thing I follow rules for are video games.

In life I would be quick to steal a friend's girlfriend, tell a mother at the grocery store she has an ugly baby,

punch someone for looking at me funny, shoot an 800 lbs wild boar eight times in the face with a 50 cal desert eagle

on a boar hunt in arkansas, jerk a chevy 350 motor and rebuild it myself, tell a queer studies graduate media studies

professor with my scholarship at stake that he was a silly [bleep] to like jane campion (and thats not a homophobic slur in that context),

and I love auditing people's taste catalogue with venomous scrutiny. I can pick on anything.

I have a little infamy that follows me. I am actually "the" knife-only guy. Thats me.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4098.html

If you ever watched pvp or saw anyone in a "run with knife" shirt - that started because of me. Im an old man, yes, but thats really me.

I have been informed by and submitted information to tip its database, but I have never used the forums before.

I join today because I need a sympathetic chorus of "dude... that sucks" to shower me and help me try to manage my rage.

Last Friday the crash of world 53 was answered only by Mod Dowd "we are aware some cannot log back" and then the announcement

"we restarted the world and you can log back in now" and then the whole thread was locked.

All of whatever clan it is of level 100+ dungeoneers on world 53 (are they 3BO, DGE, or Rawr? I honestly dont know) jumped in and saw, that yes,

all of us that had been dungeoneering when the world crashed lost our bound items. Perhaps a hundred players, many of them white crowned player moderators,

started some half-heartedly pragmatic attempts to play on:

"Can we hunt this c5 floor til all of us get a primal platebody back?" and the like.

I started submitting bug reports and calling for an announcement to the forums that would be "we know something else went wrong and we'll try to fix it,"

but its become clear as 5 more days have come and gone that Jagex's response team doesn't have any [bleep]ing clue how it would be different and/or worse for

a maxed 138 to lose a hexhunter bow(b) than to lose a whole [bleep]ing set of torva armour.

Its also clear that Jagex responds inversely to melodrama. A player saying "I will firebomb the Cambridge office" would be laughed off. A player saying "I will just go play Warcraft so cancel this kiddy MMO account" would be taken a lot more seriously. So I've really tried to rise above the new flood of problems from new wildy/free trade complaints that are "I got killed and lost my ranger boots," "I paid 40m for snakeskin boots," and "gimme me lost stuff back wah wah" with a line of rhetoric that has to do this thing where...

I imply that like Doctor Who leaning over to the policeman and whispering "doesn't she look tired?" to depose Margo from her Prime Minister seat... I have had to start making it clear that I can whisper into the ears of people who lead opinions on game theory, people at QuakeCon in Dallas, people at Blizzcon with ties to the entertainment television biz just down the road, published PhD authorities and the like... everything that would hurt the everliving [cabbage] out of Jagex's ability to make money in ways that they can't address...

you may not know this but England has different laws about libel/slander.

In American if a journalist prints a story "hairdresser x is not gay" and the hairdresser sues because he loses business as ladies go look for a gay hairdresser (this is a true/real example btw) then the American journalist goes to trial and only has to say that he believed it was true that the hairdresser was actually heterosexual. He doesn't have to prove anything is true, just testify he believed what he said/published was true.

In England the case doesn't end with truth. If the hairdresser can prove he lost x amount of money after/because of the hetero announcement then... the journalist has to pay even if what he said was true.

Because Jagex is English we all sort of have to be careful. If we're going to write a few letters to some really rich people that wind up costing Jagex a few million dollars as our revenge for their mismanagement of our accounts, then... we kinda have to be careful that they don't see the paper trail leading back to us.

Ok that said... hi. hello. Im trying to be patient and not destroy Jagex. i actually can destroy this game without any illegal activity (at least not illegal in america) or terrorism and I will if I can't keep my temper.

Please help me. I do love runescape - I just hate the half of the Jagex team that screens player feedback to the developers in the back.

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your Hexhunter bow :( I know that if I ever got a hold of an item like that, I'd go insane if I lost it to a stupid world crash. Even now I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost my hood.

Take care, try to deal with your form of anger in as non-destructive a way as possible. I think I've had moments where I just want to scream and break glass too, but I know in the end nothing good will come out of it in the long run.

That said, welcome back to Tif, and enjoy your time here !

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hi, I'm Fornald. I've always been interested in RS economy and stopped playing a while after free trading and the wilderness was dropped.

Now that they've realised how that killed RuneScape, Jagex seems to have revived it so I'm going to get involved again. I played first about 8 years ago, but not properly. Started playing properly with RS2, hated the graphical updates thereafter but I like RS HD + Full Screen.

Things I love about RS:

* The thrill of dodging scammers.

* The awe of overcoming macros who are faster miners than you.

* The sea of selling text (which now seems to reside around the GE).

* The pride and satisfaction after spending 2 days straight earning 10k (yeah, I'm so rich; I know).

* Being restricted in F2P. Nothing more soothing on the ears than hearing that gentle "You must be on a member's world to do this."

* Seeing a Jagex Mod once a month and forgetting all of my problems and issues with Jagex whilst I kiss ass to ask for 'mod status' and 'can you do your animation?'.

I'm not even joking, I love that. It's so OLD SCHOOL.

[Examine Goblin (level: 5)]

This would be worth more cut.

Hello everybody, decided to sign upto the Tip.it forums today, although i've been browsing it for quite a while.

I don't have the greatest account even though i've been playing for around 5 years, that being said i've quit and rejoined quite few times during that 5 years which may explain why I don't have the best stats. I am currently trying to achieve 99 Woodcutting by cutting Yew Tree's, my current level is 92.

Anyway, I hope to have a good time here and my private chat is always on if anyone wants to add me in game, thanks.

daredevils.png

Hi everyone,

I am new too tip.it. Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I have been playing Runescape for awhile now and have two accounts. I have used Tip. It for help and assitence when needed and decieded to check out the forum. Hope to become active here though am quite shy when it comes to giving my opinions. :unsure:

"I'm not as you are."

Hey! My names Matt. I started playing runescape back in 2002, and I've been playing off and on. I'm not proud to admit this, but I used to bot accounts. Sure, it's easy leveling but you get no sense of accomplishment from achieving your goal. I've recently made a new account, which is the one I play on now. I'm very glad to say I'm done with botting :D My account is a range tank, currently 40 defence, and 60 ranged. Working on getting 99 fletching right now, legit :) Happy to be here!

Hi, i'm aerandir. i have played runescape for a total of 4-5 years on and off. i play runescape because it's fun ( im a bit addicted. ) also, i love seeing progress. so when something takes forever, i feel like i've gotten nothing done. I always have goals to achieve. I joined for advice from you, chatting about runescape, and to meet a few friendly people. My favorite skills are... Agility, Range, Construction, Magic, And Mining. Although. My goal is to get 99 range by the end of summer ( august 1. ) Although, before this i want to get an amazing range set up. Which is gonna cost 52m. That will take me a while! If any of you want to introduce yourself. My private chat is on, and ill be happy to talk to you. Happy Scaping! I

Edit ( how do you delete a topic? ) i accidently created a new one instead of posting a reply to the big topic for intros/farewells?

Edited by aerandir1