Introductions & Farewells

Laura

Hello there.

I suppose I am new here, but I could just be going insane from all the Abyssal Demons I'm hunting for an Abyssal Head drop.

I'm Fawful in game (which is kinda why I have named myself that in here).

I've joined these forums in search of something new, perhaps to get away from what is the down note of the current existing RuneScape forums. Also, I may have joined because you guys have basic features that the RSOF doesn't have..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fawful, I definitely recognise you from the RSOF :P

Welcome to TIF now!

Didn't think my name would be known.

Guess I will have to see what these forums hold. I've been snooping and you guys don't seem like such a downer. :D

Hey everyone, It's Tylersk8shop. I'm pretty sure I lost my old forum account, But I'm trying to find the old email for it. But for now, This is my account! :P.

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

Pardon the odd writing style. I was originally going to submit it to the Times, but figured after reading Times guidelines it would be better suited here.

I'm not maxing. You may wonder why, as I am less than 450k agility exp away from doing so. Turns out playing RS and RL at the same time is rather hard to do, especially as one progresses with RL. Now if that were all there was to it, I'd simply play less at a time and continue a slow plod toward my goal. But there's more. You the community have driven me to abandon this goal, with your very

encouragements to complete it!

First, the comments that pushed me over the edge. "RS > RL". "Gogogo" every time I announced an EXP milestone in chat. And most recently an arrogant comment that went something like this: "I gotta

get up in 7 hours. I expect a maxing party 20 minutes later." In case you didn't know, I have real-life demands in the way, and those take priority. I'm in a high-demands job with the military, and even

though I'm still in training, I need to actually focus on it some. I'm not your little personal celebrity made to do things so you can look upon them and me in awe. Sure, I enjoyed leveling up and

getting closer to the max cape (even before it existed), but it's just not worth going after anymore.

Granted, some players do like the attention. Cursed You and his 99 construction party immediately comes to mind. Same would go for any player who hosts a big party. Some, like myself, don't. I can't

speak for the other big names in the past - Zezima of old, Gertjaars, Kingduffy1 (now Kingduffy), and most recently SUOMI. (No, I will not space it properly.) I don't know what's in their head. I do know

Zezima started college a while back, so that's a real-life obligation he needs to attend to. SUOMI's current goal - roughly 8 times crazier than mine was, to get 200m exp in all skills - would take

about as much time as the Castle Wars game requirement alone for the trimmed completionist cape. I assume he has real-life obligations too. Maybe he likes the attention he's getting, I don't know. But

if something major comes up in his life, you can bet he's going to want to take care of it. And expecting him to stick to a completely unrelated goal at this point is just absurd.

I'm not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make here. Perhaps I'm just venting frustration. But celebrity fanaticism has gotten to me, and I'm not even what most would consider a celebrity. I can

only imagine how the big names must feel...

(On top of the above, there's the bot situation, rampant RWT, the Loyalty Programme, and Refer-a-Friend that pushed me close to cancelling members anyway, and Shattered Heart glitching on me on the very last week was the final straw that broke my desire to keep membership. I was reconsidering until just a couple days ago.)

Oh Butt, I'm sorry to hear that it came to this :(

Take care in your military service, whatever role you're in. I know it can be really mentally demanding sometimes, and it doesn't help that when you come into RS to unwind, you get all these comments and such that twist you up even more.

Don't burn out or bleed dry, and remember to take everything in moderation. All the best with your future goals and your real life ambitions!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm sorry Butt, the whole 7 hours thing was a joke. I'd just calculated how long it would take for the agility experience (as I thought you might be interested) and thought it was amusing that it was around the same time that I'd be logging in again, never intended for you to actually be training it or for it to come off as arrogant. I hope you'll still come into the chat sometimes.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

hello tip.it my rs name is mccullah123 add me if u want a good friend for anything. a little bit about me is that i am a united states marine so semper fi do or die i am a lance corporal which is an E3 i have been in for 2 years i have played rs since 2006 and love how the game has improved thats about it

Hey Tip.It!

I am a long time player (since Classic), and I have just restarted the game as a pure defense skiller to relieve some stress and kill time. I am a older player and am finding it hard to not find anyone on Runescape that has a respectable maturity level. Not trying to be on my high horse, but I would like to find some friends on here that I can hold a conversation with and have fun with. Everyone is more than welcome to add me (Smoothment) and I look forward to hearing from you guys. I have always loved Tip It and the enthusiasm it has for this wonderful game. Anyway, thats my introduction and I hope to talk to some of you guys. Thanks!

Matt (Smoothment)

Hey Tip.It!

I am a long time player (since Classic), and I have just restarted the game as a pure defense skiller to relieve some stress and kill time. I am a older player and am finding it hard to not find anyone on Runescape that has a respectable maturity level. Not trying to be on my high horse, but I would like to find some friends on here that I can hold a conversation with and have fun with. Everyone is more than welcome to add me (Smoothment) and I look forward to hearing from you guys. I have always loved Tip It and the enthusiasm it has for this wonderful game. Anyway, thats my introduction and I hope to talk to some of you guys. Thanks!

Matt (Smoothment)

I'm an older player as well. Welcome to the forums. I normally play on world 42 - maybe see you in-game.

Hello there Tip.it community,

Just making a quick introduction. My names Frank and I've played RS casually since '07.

Going to create a blog soonish about a DIY account I've recently made inspired by many others in these forums.

Ta ta for now :P

k_ha_z.png

Welcome to all the newbies! If you ever have an questions, we have plenty of Moderators (names in green), administrators (names in red), and otherwise awesome members (such as myself) who would be more than glad to answer. Just send me a private message and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Once again, Welcome!

Ok, so I went back to my old main now for playing Runescape and his name is: I Manster I. So if anyone wants to add me feel free. It is soooooo much better to talk to someone while playing than no on at all. I am always free to talk whenever so don't be afraid to send me a message. Thanks guys!

Hi guys, the last time I properly played was about 4 or 5 years ago. For one reason or another I decided to log on my account to check everything was in order.

It seems like a lot of things have changed! It's nice that I still recognise a few names on the IRC channel - however not many people popping up on the in-game friends list.

If you remember me don't be afraid to say hi :)

Deadman_Andy.jpeg

Credits:

DromarUK: Evil Bunnies 1: Bunny Ears|Evil Bunnies 2: Easter Eggs|Party Hats

GreatSilverWyrm: Hat and Axe|Oblong Monkeys

Dragonball13: Evil Bunnies 3: Lightning

Why, hello there! :D

I'm Bery, this is my first post here in almost 3 years :shock: I've been coming to tip.it since early 2007, so I think after all this time it's time to get involved on the forums. :P Ingame, I'm an agility addict, so if you need someone to run with, send me a pm ;P

Berynab.png

Hey, I'm new to the Forums sooo yeah

Name - Logan

Age - 14

Location - New Zealand Auckland

Interests/Hobbies - Music, RS , Xbox , Drinking Mother Energy ( Favourite drink ), Talking and hanging out with friends annd going to the movies.

RSN - You MadBro , usually on and private is usually on, feel free to pm me!!

Not the best intro but I'm tired soo can't be bothered writing hundreds of words.

Cheers!

Logan.