Duke Nukem Forever Coming 2011

Verminox

944794_20100903_screenleer.jpg

(only image released so far)

Official Website: http://dukenukemforever.com/

Press Release:

TTWO press release

Hail to the King! 2K Games Announces Duke Nukem Forever® - Seriously - Flying Pigs Spotted Heading Towards Penny Arcade Expo

Press Release Source: Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. On Friday September 3, 2010, 3:30 pm

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that forever is nearly here, as Duke Nukem Forever® will officially make its long-awaited debut for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC in calendar 2011. Duke Nukem, the interactive entertainment industry’s most irreverent and quoted character of all time, will bring his signature brand of babe-lovin’, cigar-smoking, beer-chugging and ass-kicking action as he once again saves the Earth and our babes from hordes of invading aliens. In other shocking news, Duke Nukem Forever will be playable right now for all attendees 17 and older of this year’s Penny Arcade Expo at the 2K Booth (booth #3417), giving the first hands-on experience with the game that was originally announced during the tail end of the Clinton Administration.

"All great things take time... a lot of time," laughs Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "After a hiatus from the video game world, Duke Nukem is back and better than ever. The return of the King from the glory days of shooters will satisfy our patient, die-hard fans, as well as a new generation of bubble gum-chewing, flat top and shades-wearing bad-asses. Make no mistake about it - Duke Nukem Forever is a testament to the era of when shooters were bodacious and fun."

Put on your sunglasses and prepare to step into the boots of Duke Nukem, whose legend has reached epic proportions in the years since his last adventure. The alien hordes are back and only Duke can save the world, again. Pig cops, alien shrink rays and enormous alien bosses won’t stop our hero from accomplishing his one and only goal: to save the world, save the babes and to be a bad-ass while doing it. The King of All Shooters is back with over-the-top weapons, massive aliens and unprecedented levels of interactivity. This game puts pedal to the metal and tongue firmly in cheek, among other places. Shoot hoops, lift weights, read adult magazines, draw crude messages on whiteboards or ogle one of the many beautiful women that populate Duke’s life; that is if you can pull yourself away long enough from kicking ass and taking names. Duke Nukem was and will forever be immortalized in gaming history, and this is his legend.

“Hail to the king, baby! It's unbelievable, it kicks ass and it's totally going to happen!” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software, "Gearbox has enabled die-hard key Duke Nukem franchise builders and skilled veteran game makers to stand together and deliver. All gamers deserve a happy ending and after all of us gamers feeling the full range of emotions about Duke Nukem Forever, I am thrilled to be in a position with the trust, power and means to make it happen. Am I crazy? Balls of steel, baby, balls of steel!”

Duke Nukem Forever is currently in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC and is not yet rated by the ESRB. 2K Games has the exclusive, long-term publishing rights to the game. To catch your first glimpse of the Duke Nukem Forever experience please visit www.dukenukem.com.

2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News).

Gameplay Videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pa...e-nukem/704001

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pa...e-nukem/704013

Level 1 ending (From wired.com impressions):

As the first level came to its touching denouement, the camera pulled back to reveal that the giant alien fight was really just Duke playing a copy of Duke Nukem Forever. While receiving oral sex. From two women at once.

“What about the game, Duke? Was it good?” asked one.

“Yeah,” Duke replied. “But after 12 fuckin’ years, it had better be.”

It's coming out for PC, Xbox and PS3. Will update when more details arrive.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch, it'll undergo numerous engine changes. Or maybe they're going to actually release it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Lol.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I can't see the video, so what are the details?

Apparently some actual Duke Nukem Forever footage. Actual gameplay.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Lmao.

I'll wait until it actually hits stores before I pass judgement.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I can see it now: Duke pulls out a beer, chugs it, then smashes an alien in the skull with it.