Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Duke Nukem Forever Coming 2011

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Th3_Crusader
[ Display Name History ]

Th3_Crusader

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Th3 Crusader
  • RSN2:T3h Crusader
  • Clan:Skill 'N' Chill
I miss the original so much.I can't find it anywhere. Other than eBay but I'm getting outbid.
Posted Image

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Roflzilla
  • Clan:Unknown

=D>

Rather enjoyable I would say.
Posted Image

TheValeyard
[ Display Name History ]

TheValeyard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,490 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Dan Princeps
Was this that game where the guy said something about his wife giving him a "chilean miner"?

Tsar
[ Display Name History ]

Tsar

The Ace Of Spades

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:Tsar
  • RSN2:Silk Spectre
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
I'll believe it when I see it on a store shelf. Until then, Duke Nukem Forever remains as the king of vaporware to me.
Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
New trailer and release date are out!

It’s official. The game everyone’s been writing off as vaporware has a release date. Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software have announced that Duke Nukem Forever will launch on May 3, 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

“When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like this would come,” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “Today, I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8
Not sure yet if I can embed it due to swearing, but it looks very good (coupled with a great song)
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

New trailer and release date are out!

It’s official. The game everyone’s been writing off as vaporware has a release date. Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software have announced that Duke Nukem Forever will launch on May 3, 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

“When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like this would come,” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “Today, I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8
Not sure yet if I can embed it due to swearing, but it looks very good (coupled with a great song)

I've embedded videos with swearing before. I think you'd be fine just putting it in hide tags with a warning.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
I have to agree with one of the comments on that video. "Hell, I'd still hit it." best line ever :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Magbill
[ Display Name History ]

Magbill

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:I fart V2
I would laugh so hard if it sucked.

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Roflzilla
  • Clan:Unknown
NA Cover for the game. Release date is May 3rd.

Posted Image
Posted Image

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
It comes out on my birthday. Most hot.

Bloodstain
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodstain

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
First Access Codes were sent out yesterday, got mine and now I just need to wait for my code for the demo, whenever that is.

Also, new info on the online multiplayer:
http://www.duke4.net....php?extend.425

sounds like a blast
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

+) In 'Capture the Babe' when you grab the other teams babe sometimes she'll start to freak out as you take her back to your base, so you have to give her a gentle smack to quiet her down

I [bleep]ing love this is a selling point of the game.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
The ESRB Ratings report is one of the best selling points of the game. You would think they had been paid to make the game sound as bad-a as possible:

Rating: Mature
Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol
Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)—though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)—it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungry—you have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words '[bleep],' '[cabbage],' '[rooster],' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image

Bloodstain
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodstain

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
^ Back of the game box shouldn't have screenshots, it should just be the ESRB description
Posted Image

Shovelmeface
[ Display Name History ]

Shovelmeface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • RSN:Shovelmeface
  • RSN2:Lolwtfhaxbbq
  • Clan:Lady Heinous

The ESRB Ratings report is one of the best selling points of the game. You would think they had been paid to make the game sound as bad-a as possible:

Rating: Mature
Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol
Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)—though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)—it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungry—you have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words '[bleep],' '[cabbage],' '[rooster],' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

I remember reading a Christian Gamer Review of one of the Duke Nukem games a good few years ago, funny as hell. Sadly the site is no longer online, or its changed its domain name and I cant find it.

Posted Image
99 Attack - Done

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Seriously though FOX news was bent out of shape about Bulletstorm. I wonder how they feel about the king returning? (And I'm not talking about Elvis).

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RSN:K112
http://www.pcgamer.c...lappable-women/

Duke Nukem Forever’s “Capture the Babe” CTF variant requires you to abduct a woman to score. The mode is revealed in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine US where they explain that Gearbox will give the option to give her a “slap” if she “freaks out” as you drag her across the map.

WTF? Read on for the details and to hear Gearbox’s CEO’s attitude towards Duke’s controversy-bating elements.

Speaking to the magazine, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said: “Our goal isn’t to shock people, but I think there’s some stuff that’s a bit uncomfortable. I mean, the alien’s plan is to capture our women and impregnate them to breed an alien army, so you can imagine some horrible [cabbage] happens.”

OXM reports that Capture the Babe is “Pretty much what you’d expect to see from a CFT-style mode, with one small touch: the “Babe” will sometimes freak out while you’re carrying her (somewhat understandable we’d say) at which point you have to hit a button to gently give her a reassuring slap.”

According to Randy, Gearbox are intending to “Get right up to that edge and then relax enough so people don’t reject it.”

Slapping women in order to score? Looks like they've got their fanbase down to a tee.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
I read that its ok because you're slapping them on the ass.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
Is PCGamer the right wing conservative of the gaming magazines or something? Some of the comments were the sort of thing I'd expect from narrow minded, information less tabloid newspapers.

Finally something Duke is doing is making some controversy, took a while. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Posted Image

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RSN:K112
Personally i'm waiting for Call of Duty to steal it and wait for all the 6 year olds to shout "SLAP 'EM ON DER ASS NOOB OR WE LOST FLAG LOL"
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users