Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You succeeded then you failed, you failed then succeeded. In the end you did absolutley nothing, you lazy stagnant [bleep].

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You succeeded in your objective, but failed in whatever it is you failed in. So the question would have to be more specific.

Littleboy, I would like to make a suggestion:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Masquerain, the philosopher-kings were selected by tests of knowledge and character in a multi-tiered education system. It's like if we were all tested after high-school, and placed in a career area based on that test.

And yes, I would say it was more ideal than practical - I believe Plato himself wrote that it was meant to be more of a theory than a real-world government.

You succeeded in your objective, but failed in whatever it is you failed in. So the question would have to be more specific.

Littleboy, I would like to make a suggestion:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

You succeeded in your objective, therefore, it is a success.

But your success was failure, so you failed and succeeded

This is just going to be a never ending cycle, so it's pointless to even try and choose.

Thats the point. Its both failure and success. You can not choose only one.

'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Men Without Hats - Saftey Dance. Very nice. :thumbup:

I would like to suggest a question, Sam. :) I have to find the paper it's written on when I get home, so I'll edit this when I do.

These questions are lame, we need Philosoraptor up in here.

philosoraptor-if-a-person-was-born-deaf-then-what-language-do-they-think-in.jpeg?w=400&h=400

None. We don't need to know language to think.

i thought we were making fun of the major :P

I feel everyone should take a philosophy class in college. Of course, not too long ago, everything was considered philosophy. Now it's either way vague or way specific. Huh.

Dudes who major in philosophy, however, need to take beard management classes. And Texas Tech's Intro to Philosophy professor needs to be less pretentious. We get that it's a primarily engineering school, so your class is "special". You're still bad at teaching.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I prefer Psychology. It is like Philosophy, but with more answers.

Philosophers like Foucault and Merleau-Ponty tend to completely destroy the very basics of Psychology though. You can not destroy the basics of Philosophy.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

But one thing can write about another thing critically without being the thing it is writing about.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

But one thing can write about another thing critically without being the thing it is writing about.

It can. But the answers that philosophy gives are theories, where as answers in psychology seem to be more evidence based.

Except many philosophers quite easily challenge the basics of psychology and the evidence from which it draws its conclusions.

Signature3.gif

Except many philosophers quite easily challenge the basics of psychology and the evidence from which it draws its conclusions.

They challenge it with theories, at the base of philosophy is opinion.