Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, whenever I come back from a party I'm always too wasted to go to sleep. Not that I wouldn't be able to sleep, just that I know that I'm not hydrated enough to wake up without a headache so I stay up half an hour to get some liquids, which is why I was here.

hiccup.png

Assuming the big bang and big crunch theory is correct, other universes probably would have existed before us. But the universe is existence, so how would something exist out of existence?

There's probably an answer, but it's been puzzling me lately.

Assuming the big bang and big crunch theory is correct, other universes probably would have existed before us. But the universe is existence, so how would something exist out of existence?

There's probably an answer, but it's been puzzling me lately.

Pretty much every beginning of the universe theory assumes that there's something that either spontaneously popped into existence or something has always existed. The entire origin of the universe is a mind[bleep], and the science behind it just makes it weirder.

• Is the glass half empty of half full?

• If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, is it really a sound?

• If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

• What are the faults, if any, in Plato's Republic?

• Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? NEW

• Half Empty.

• Yes, but no one heard it anyway.

• Successfully failed.

• Not sure

• Reminds me of Inception. Sometimes I think it's real, others I think is not. It depends on my mood ;D

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

i have a doubt(surprise), can the universe be really infinite? can it have no end?

on the other hand, can it have an end? a wall of bricks? glass? the way possible to logic(to me)is that it's circular(could that be the word?), if you go in a straight line, after a lot of time, you would be at the same place you started.

other thing, is time real? i tend to think time it's just the way we(we as the planet, race, or whatever you wanna make it) have established to make existense less complex.

opinions?

(oh, the glass, as it has been alreasy said, is double the size it needs to be)

@Mug:

Infinity exists only in theory, nothing (other then, PERHAPS time) is infinite. Meaning that the universe has to have a physical ending point, even if it's expanding. The end point would just expand with it. The question is, how does the universe expand into an area that didn't previously exist.

And, if the universe was circular, if you "entered" one of the edges and just appeared at the opposite edge, it would mean you would need to be transported at a few hundred billion light years in an instant.

The universe is an uber mind-[bleep].

EDIT: you make a very good point at the universe expanding over, nothing?

Which brings me to a question. What exactly is nothing?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

i dont mean like that, i mean like the earth, if it was possible to go perfectly straight, you would return to the starting point again, without teleporting.

EDIT: you make a very good point at the universe expanding over, nothing?

That would be assuming the universe was a sphere, and we were on top of it. However, we would probably be inside of the sphere, because other wise, there would have to be an infinite amount of space above us existing outside of the universe.

yes, that was the word, sphere, but not like we know it, a sphere that, going in any direction, you come back to where you started, i don't know how that could be represented, but that's the way i see for the universe.

Though i have another theory, it's like the previous sphere theory, but instead of just using 1 dimension/universe, it uses multiple ones. it would be the same thing, except that as you continue to go straight, you pass through different dimensions, ending again in the starting point, this one would probably make more sense.

nothing is something rare/weird to explain, i came to a way to explaining it(at least for me).

like darkness is the absense of light, nothing is the absense of (i dont know if this is the word in english) matter.

But nothingness still has waves, right? Or at least energy.

nothing is something rare/weird to explain, i came to a way to explaining it(at least for me).

like darkness is the absense of light, nothing is the absense of (i dont know if this is the word in english) matter.

Nope.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Nope.

Then how do you define nothing?

well, i can't answer that, it's not like i've been into nothing, wrote a theory in there and preach my discoveries here.

(sorry if it sounds offensive, i just like sarcasm)

but i can guess that, if there's actually nothing, nothing should happen, therefore, any energy that could be there, wouldn't be felt, if, somehow, you got into that "place".

i'm sorry if it seems, irrational, english is not my mother language and in classes i don't usually get into philosophic conversations with my teacher,

Nope.

Then how do you define nothing?

Absence of all forms of energy, including (If I'm getting that e=mc^2 thing right) matter?

well(starting from what i just read on wikipedia), a perfect vacuum would not exist, and there's always something. and about the infinite empty space, you mean the universe or beyond it?

either way i think that's possible.

Well what do you consider to be beyond the universe?