Firemaking suggestion: FLAMING EQUIPMENT

Troacctid

I like this. The adze-for-mining is great, the flame robes, the defenders. I don't know about flaming weapons though; on one hand they shouldn't be overpowered, on the other hand they shouldn't be useless. The first means they should be less powerful than a whip, the second means they should be more powerful. Not neccesarily bad, but definitely tough to balance.

I'm thinking: fire - dragons - dragonfire (shield) -> stuff that gets charges from fighting fiery stuff? Like a magic orb that functions like the flameburst defender, charged by dragonfire/fire spells/fire elementals/dragonfire shield specs/dbolts. The orb could: replace fire runes (you get more runes per charge at higher fm levels?) or add damage to fire spells (not too much, maybe 10*tier extra?). Of course that means you may need to add other elemental robes (and those don't have an associated processing skill). Which reminds me, infinity can already be used on altars to recolour it, that might as well add some more abilities at higher magic/rc and/or fm levels.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You get like 900 maple logs per day from Miscellania, and anyone who wants to DIY it can still make an easy 60k xp/hr at teaks at no loss, and woodcutting is such a popular skill that any increase in price will cause a flood of players chopping new logs to support the increased demand.

Yea, guess so. Logs are so easily obtainable in comparison to herbs.

Sure, why not.

O.O

• 1 month later...

Support from me! Great ideas.

A (I) could be enough to notify a player a weapon is ignited though.

And Magic Robes (I) can be practically possible: if the fire is magic it doesn't have to consume clothing, it would only radiate heat to anyone but the one wearing it.

Ignited robes could also deal automatic damage to players/monsters when in an adjuncting tile.

And the other three elements can be implemented to: it can be combined with for example runecrafting or magic, requiring special crystals to be charged on the corresponding rc altar, or elemental obelisk. After charging, these charged crystals/whatever can then then be placed into/onto weapons and armour. This circumvents the problem of having to find another three ways to get all four elements.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I like this.

I think all the equipment should be player made and untradeable. (You have to make the rune scimitar yourself, and while smithing it you somehow endow it with flames? That would make smithing more useful.) The anti-dragon and dragonfire shields should have some sort of defense bonus for this. I agree with swords only, because a flaming mace doesn't make sense... Or does it?

Full support. (Even though I've seen this suggested how many times?)

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, if this equipment is anywhere near potent, PvP'ers will call foul and demand they'd be banned from PvP worlds or add FM to your combat.

Still, a very interesting suggestion. But not the first to suggest it.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

• 1 month later...

I think this is a really great idea. Perhaps only rarely used weapons (such as swords and maces) could be lit on fire to balance them with other weapons. This would give more choices of weapons without really adding new ones or overpowering existing ones.

Support, firemaking needs a massive update.

Also about the flaming arrows - I noticed you suggest additional damage here, and for a long time I've thought they could do 'burn' damage. Like poison, only orange damage splotches :-D

I really like the idea of the flaming hammer and pickaxe, to smith bars faster and smelt ores occasionally whilst mining, LOVE IT!

2vuhgcn.png

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Also about the flaming arrows - I noticed you suggest additional damage here, and for a long time I've thought they could do 'burn' damage. Like poison, only orange damage splotches :-D

That would be disease. ;-)

Sadly, if this equipment is anywhere near potent, PvP'ers will call foul and demand they'd be banned from PvP worlds or add FM to your combat.

Korasi's Sword requires 70 crafting, but I don't see anyone clamoring for crafting to be a combat stat. It's equipment. Everyone can see you wearing it. *shrug*

I like it. But without a significant negative side effect, it's overpowered and makes none flaming weapons pointless.

How about using a flame sword actually damages you every 10 seconds, similar to a poison but at a constant rate, unless you wear ice gloves.

So you either sacrifice a lot of strength from your barrows gloves, or you take a lot of damage while using the more powerful weapon.

CNqWHdA.jpg