Why Do You Play RS Over Other MMOs?

Maze

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

This thread was not intended to offend anyone for playing RS.

I'm simply curious why you (TIFers) choose to play RuneScape over other MMOGs.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I continue playing it for the pvp and hoping that Jagex will stop messing it up and finally make it back to the old days...

The PvP though is the main reason seeing as jagex will never make it like old, PvP is pretty amazing despite the crap drops at times

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Browser based, a lot of time already tied up into it, its fun reaching goals. I'm sure there are better mmo's but I enjoy this one for now.

Oh and its cheap as alg pointed out.

Edited by Lowc15

Low_C.png

Cheap, fun, simple, UNIQUE, relaxing, solid community (not referring to the general population, but specific groups of people), regular updates, and because it's impossible to run out of things to do (creative gameplay, over 100 quests, 25 skills, tons of activities, etc).

I bet someone will come on the thread and say how RS should basically be a carbon copy of every other MMO. I played WoW and it was literally the single worst game I have ever played. Then I tried Guild Wars, basically the same exact game (with some obvious differences). As far as I'm concerned there is RuneScape and the other (yes, singular) MMO, and frankly, RuneScape outclasses it in everything but graphics (gameplay is more important than graphics anyway). I don't mean to bash other games, but RuneScape really is a lot better.

Edit: Called it :rolleyes:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Quest content is unique, variety of gameplay, browser based and cheap.

Those were the reasons I used to play, but they weren't enough to trump WoW and other MMO's. Currently not playing any until TOR comes out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills. I hate combat

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

WoW is a huge grindfest, has crap pvp, expensive, and nothing to do once you spend months of your life reaching maxed level. plus its an automatic GEEK label.

Silkroad has a sick pvp system but everybody bots and membership costs like $25 per 25 days or something ridiculous. membership entitles you to boosted exp and actually being able to log on during peak hours. also turkish + some other ethnicity have racewars over global chat on every server. also the training system basically forces you to save up your skill points (called SP farming) otherwise you gain skill points slow (and exp fast). basically every account (at level 20-22) does sp farming in a way that you gain skill points extremely fast and exp slow. that means that you have to spend 10+ hours of solid grinding training on the SAME monster just to get skill points that you'll need when you get into the high 70's.

jade dynasty is really unique in that it is impossible to bot in game. it literally has a button you can press to autotrain that includes auto potion and stuff. it becomes more of a time management game than anything. it has fair prices for special items, friendly players, and one hell of an intriguing enchanting system. since it is a fairly new game there is really nothing to look forward to at high levels (that i can remember).

runescape is cheap, uncrowded servers (you can actually log on), has great pvp, community, and has plenty of fun in store for people new to the game.. you don't have to spend months training to have fun. it has the most dynamic quest system in any MMO i've played. it has a fair share of botters but has no RWT which cuts down on rulebreakers. it also has a unique and thriving economy. constant updates

i also applied for an exclusive beta testing position for the new lego mmo coming out (got accepted) but i decided it was too childish.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

i actually found runescape the best mmo

website manage

mod manage

forum manage

game manage

yet more weekly updates! good graphics 3d

1 of the most gatherd online game by people since it have over 1.5mill account opening daily because evertime u enter there is 160k player online atm

so imagine around the world in every 1 this number may change a little but diffrent account opening around the world witch make it the best ^^

+ fun

when u achieve a goal its like something always important for ya!

yet more i dont know how to explain

o_espil.png

I'm definitely not going to be able to move on after sinking the last 10 years of my life (read: half of it) into this game.

It just gives me this feeling of my childhood, which is quite sad.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I just found it to be my favorite over all the others. Sure I tried WoW but I didn't like it. it didn't seem like there was as much to do, you know? Plus, $.50 a day is expensive. Other free MMOs like Flyff were fun too but they just didnt have as much stick to them as RS did

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

WoW is a huge grindfest, has crap pvp, expensive, and nothing to do once you spend months of your life reaching maxed level. plus its an automatic GEEK label.

LOL. You're seriously calling WoW a grindfest compared to Runescape? Once you hit level 80 (takes about a month) WoW is pure gameplay. Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arena, etc. There's no grinding involved at all. The foundation of Runescape is xp and grinding. You can't even do quests until you reach a pre-requisite grinding amount.

And crap PvP? Ya, Runescape's click-and-wait while inventory managing is so much better than WoW's reflex and rotation-based skill. Oh wait, you're a 12 year old.

RS kids really shouldn't talk about other MMO's. The fact that you even brought up Silk Road is hilarious as well. (Protip: Silk Road is as much of an MMO as Maple Story and all the other awful f2p games)

And crap PvP? Ya, Runescape's click-and-wait while inventory managing is so much better than WoW's reflex and rotation-based skill.

Never tried WoW's pvp myself, but runescape requires reflexes to respond to KO's and rushes as well.

Also i have no idea what you mean by rotation based skill, but if you mean something like spamming your numberpad that is not skill.

O.O

And crap PvP? Ya, Runescape's click-and-wait while inventory managing is so much better than WoW's reflex and rotation-based skill.

Never tried WoW's pvp myself, but runescape requires reflexes to respond to KO's as well.

Also i have no idae what you mean by rotation based skill, but if you mean something like spamming your numberpad that is not skill.

Rotations = spell rotation. WoW combat isn't spamming, it's knowing exactly when to pop certain spells, dealing with several different cooldowns, responding to the other player within a split second, dealing with and using crowd controls, etc.

RS kids suck at WoW because the only skills they have are clicking and patience. When they play a game that actually requires reflexes and skill they call it a bad game. It's cute.

(P.S. Runescape doesn't require real reflexes, your actions don't occur in real time)

[hide]

Never tried WoW's pvp myself, but runescape requires reflexes to respond to KO's as well.

Also i have no idae what you mean by rotation based skill, but if you mean something like spamming your numberpad that is not skill.

Rotations = spell rotation. WoW combat isn't spamming, it's knowing exactly when to pop certain spells, dealing with several different cooldowns, responding to the other player within a split second, dealing with and using crowd controls, etc.

RS kids suck at WoW because the only skills they have are clicking and patience. When they play a game that actually requires reflexes and skill they call it a bad game. It's cute.

(P.S. Runescape doesn't require real reflexes, your actions don't occur in real time)

[/hide]

I didn't suck at Wow when I tried it :unsure: , I'm also quiet good at FPS (which require reflexes) games on the PC :P

Overall though, i agree, most people trash WoW (and other MMO's) without knowing anything about it. It made me go #-o when he said the Grindfest thing as well

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png