Why Do You Play RS Over Other MMOs?

Maze

Because I enjoy it and because it has the feel of the old pen and paper RPG type games I played a million years ago.

I don't claim any of this to be true for anyone else by the way, it just suits me for some reasons.

I have sufficiently powerful computing abilities/kit to play WoW or any game on the market (my PC is a custom built scary beast for work reasons) but there is something delightfully casual about RS for me, so I enjoy it. I also like what Jagex are doing and the way they do it, vastly more often than I don't. That said, maybe I should give WoW a go, just to see what it's like.....

....oh noes a new addiction! ;-)

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of all the alternatives to grinding it offers while still being an MMO.

Originally because of questing. I love adventure games and this one is fantastic. Too bad I'm down to one quest a month now that I'm a Quest Caper, really.

Also for the community. Always superior to other MMO's.

signaturemw.png

Cheap

Browser game

Runs on almost anything

I like it

I like the non-combat aspect and freedom of RS.

Of course, the main reason is that it's cheap - I can't afford any other MMO. Also I've been playing it through my childhood and I don't let go of my past easily. :D And it plays on my [cabbage]ty laptop and I can play through a browser wherever I am :)

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by JiraniS

Because my stats are good and I'm really familiar with it. I know the terminology, the lore and the map. I find it a pain to start anew and learn everything.

For some reason, even though I find the graphics horrible and the community a tad tedious, I enjoy playing it.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Figured it was cheaper to keep to one MMO, than switch the game every year. Was mildly tempted to join WoW back in '06, but I guess RS had already grown on me so much by then. Besides, as far as I've noticed, all other MMO's rely heavily on combat in their gameplay, to the point where there is little else to do than kill kill kill. RS has certainly proved to be more flexible in that area, with their non-combat skills, and various minigames. And that's another reason why I've stayed. :wink:

dontfearthereaper2.png

Because I'm a high level, vs being a low level on a new MMO. Been playing it for years and I still have goals :)

Someday I might try out WoW however....

Although not now. Going into university. I'd either not like it and waste money, or become addicted to it. I'm already addicted enough to RS as is, I need to NOT be addicted to another game when I start university >.>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's cheap, there's always something to do, and I don't wanna start back from ground zero on some other game.

Still stuff to do in runescape.

Other games I've played:

Dofus, cute tactical simulation, no solo player support, bugged, french (enough said)

WOW, fun combat, horrible class system if your not a paladin you suck, raiding is the only supported gameplay aka no raid no gear no pvp (needless to say I was a rogue, I hated raiding, and no matter how flawless my rotation is no gear = lame pvp)

D&D online, not bad, classes way more balanced than wow, hardly any pvp, tough on newbies

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

To be honest, its familiar, cheap, easy, and I can pick it up for as long or as short a time as I want to, and it'll still be productive.

I've played eve online off and on a bit, and I really loved certain aspects of the game. First off, best graphics in the MMO industry, end of story. Second, it really has a great helpful community. I mean sure you've got your trolls and such, but everyone is just nicer and more helpful. Also, NO grind in eve, except for money, but thats usually not a problem. PvP combat in eve is much cooler IMO but I've never been much of a PvP player. Thats the main reason why I left Eve is because it really is a pvp game, everything revolves around fighting. If I was a billionaire I would play eve over Runescape, but I'm just a poor kid who gets 20 bucks a month for allowance. Also, if you want to play eve and get anything done, you're looking at at least half an hours worth of playing before you reach a good place to log out, which bugs me.

Rejected.jpg

there's actual quests, multiple skills, and i learned the game years ago, so I know how to play. I don't really like the idea of learning a new game over again.

I used to play WOW but that was too time consuming. RS is very AFKable...you can watch tv, check facebook, chat online or do homework while playing RS in a side window. That's the only time I play RS now. Not enough time in the day to work, hang out with friends and game so I have to multitask when playing xD

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?