9/11 attacks

Flodder450

Now, its 9 years ago that the World trade center was destroyed in a terrorist attack, im sure everybody remembers looking at the tv and going "Wat the.....?"

i was like 7 years old and i didnt fully understand what was going on, but i do remember staring at the tv,looking at the part of the Facade that was still standing and going "Wow...something bad happened there"

9 years ago, and still people are having nightmares about it,which is,ofcourse,normal, it had a major impact upon the collegues of the firefighters and policemen that went in to save thoses who were trapped and died when the towers collapsed,and it...it is just....a major event which still has its impact today,in terms of people who still cant blieve what happened that day,personally,i didnt get the whole picture until like, a few years later,when i realized and accepted what had happened

i strongly believe that violence doesn't solve anything its fighting fire with fire, more and more and more untill it's too late and when we realize what we have done wrong, it is too late to change it[editing this part along the way]

discuss about 9/11,the impact it had and the effects it had on you ,your actions, thoughs,beliefs,views and such

Edited by Flodder450

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about it nine years ago and could not comprehend, although it did no affect me personally I think it has really shocked me that people are willing to kill so many people, for whatever reason.

[Falador tavern]

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a bit sick of this.

Just because *looks at Location* Netherlands didn't get blown up, doesn't mean you shouldn't mourn for us. Evry1 shud mourn fr ur loses at 9-||!

Though it is interesting how no one sheds a tear for the victims of other terrorist attacks, even in Western countries, but 9-11 is srs bsnss.

(because it was all Bush' fault!11)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm getting sick of this too, it's a terrorist attack that killed lots of people, you all cry for that, but when it's about the people dying because of the war in afganistan, you don't shed a tear. Get over it. Also, I think more people died in that war than the number of people that died in that "terrorist attack".

I'm curious to know if anyone here on TIF believes the conspiracy theories. (Not saying believing them makes you bat [cabbage] or anything, just curious)

Noone mentions the 7/7 bombings in London anymore... It wasn't as big, but still.

Nor the Oklahoma City bombing, or the Oakland Earthquake, or Pearl Harbor, the list goes on.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've heard they're on schedule to have the memorial built for the tenth anniversary.

Really? That's awesome. :thumbup:

I remember exactly what I was doing, I was sitting in the kitchen with my older sister and my mother when my sister screamed and told me to look at the TV, and it was saying that the planes had hit. I didn't really understand it until later that day at school when people explained it to me. It was horrible. :cry:

I'm curious to know if anyone here on TIF believes the conspiracy theories. (Not saying believing them makes you bat [cabbage] or anything, just curious)

Let's just say, if they're true, it wouldn't suprise me.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I was like "Cool, explosion," when it happened, but in honestly, I see this thread every year, and people are still making a huge deal out of 9/11, as if Americans have never died before. I know people that lost relatives on that day because I live relatively close to NYC, and I while feel sorry for them, people need to stop pretending the terrorist attacks on that day were the most significant loss of American lives ever.

*Raises hand*, and no I'm not a complete nutjob. I go to college, I have a son who I enjoy spending time with, I'm basically your normal average joe.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Let's just say, if they're true, it wouldn't suprise me.

+1

And I'm an average guy. I don't see anything wrong with anyone believing any conspiracy theory.

I was like "Cool, explosion," when it happened, but in honestly, I see this thread every year, and people are still making a huge deal out of 9/11, as if Americans have never died before. I know people that lost relatives on that day because I live relatively close to NYC, and I while feel sorry for them, people need to stop pretending the terrorist attacks on that day were the most significant loss of American lives ever.

It was easily the biggest loss of US civilians, and on our own soil no less. I say we should get this thread, and one next year for the 10th anniversary, then start to let it go the way of Pearl Harbor.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It was easily the biggest loss of US civilians, and on our own soil no less. I say we should get this thread, and one next year for the 10th anniversary, then start to let it go the way of Pearl Harbor.

And it led to the Afghanistan war, and the Iraq war (though less directly), two things that are still very going on. We can pass off military losses in away, it's people in the army, they were risking their lives for their country, but civilian tragedies are something much more frightening to the public. We can hear about an IED going off in Iraq, killing two soldiers, but we don't ever have to worry about that. An attack on civilian targets, there's not much anyone can do to protect themselves from something like that. I'm not the type of person to worry about this, but civilian attacks are always more dramatic than military casualties, especially on our own soil.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'm just happy 9/11 is on a Saturday this year, no pointless memorial service in school. Anyways, hundreds of people die every day in various accidents. While it sucks hard that this many people died, it's what happens.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was in highschool when it happened, my computer app 2 class, hitting on this cheerleader named crystal when we were told. I remember being angry - and scared (will i go to war? will i die?)

Needless to say, it was a tragedy that probably defined American politics for the last decade, almost half of my life. It's certainly one of those events you will never forget where you were when it happened in your lifetime.

9/11 this year? I'm working from 9-5 pulling a rare Saturday shift.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I was a very self centered kid at 11 years old. All I cared about was that I got out of school early. I remember sitting in Science class, digging into the black tabletop while my teacher was watching the news. We all went outside and played with lightsabres, I think, after we got home. It wasn't until a week later when I was listening to the radio during a car trip when the reality of what occurred started to make sense to me. My pettiness left a bad taste in my mouth, even then. It was a bad few days emotionally after that as I tried to fully grasp the situation.

hzvjpwS.gif

9/11 was horrible but perhaps instead of dwelling on something nearing a decade past, we should all cry and pray for the hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians that we have killed in the Middle East [mainly Iraq].

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

At the time, I can remember being more upset by the news stations taking over every channel meaning the normal cartoons were canceled after school.

Although, one thing that has stuck with me in particular about this event is The Falling Man. I remember watching a documentary about it and it sends shivers down my back every time I see that photo. Not a pleasant way to go at all.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction