Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Napalm

Taken from the official website: http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first person horror game with a focus on immersion. It is a game where atmosphere and story comes first. We hope that the game will be a breeze of fresh air, in a genre otherwise populated by "one-man-army action hero" sagas. In Amnesia you are almost completely defenseless, something we believe not only makes the game a lot scarier, but also gives a vastly different experience.

Enter an interactive nightmare where reality is a fragile concept.

screenshot02ni.jpg

Amnesia puts you in the shoes of Daniel as he wakes up in a desolate castle, barely remembering anything about his past. Exploring the eerie pathways, you must also take part of Daniel's troubled memories. The horror does not only come from the outside, but from the inside as well. A disturbing odyssey into the dark corners of the human mind awaits.

By using a fully physically simulated world, cutting edge 3D graphics and a dynamic sound system, the game pulls no punches when trying to immerse you. Once the game starts, you will be in control from the beginning to the end. There are no cut-scenes or time-jumps, whatever happens will happen to you first hand.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent throws you headfirst into a dangerous world where danger can lurk behind every corner. Your only means of defense are hiding, running or using your wits.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

Here are some trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kpctbHXstg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc_U&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uoZh_uatQ

Those of you familiar with Penumbra's physics system should have no trouble understanding the logic behind puzzles, hiding, and moving arround. The horror style remains the same, rather than relying on jump scares, it creates an immersive atmosphere which blurs the line of reality, making you wonder if that noise you just heard behind you is real, or if it's just the game playing tricks on you.

16185_s.gif

is this related to the puzzle game AMNESYA? clicked on it thinking it would be, doesnt look like it, but looks intense still

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

so....you cant fight back in any way? you just run?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Safe to say that if they ever wanted to torture someone they could just stick them in a similar sort of enviroment, while effing with them like they do in this game.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

so....you cant fight back in any way? you just run?

Yes, this system goes back from Penumbra Black Plague, the second episode of a 3 episode series. Basically, the first game gave you the possibility to fight with tools you needed for puzzles, like a hammer, a pickaxe, or a broom, or you could distract the enemies by throwing food or objects in an opposite direction and use stealth to get by. Basically, everyone who played it agreed that combat made the game less scary and more tedious, so they decided to take it out in the second episode, and they have implemented the no-combat system since then. Your only choice is hiding, since enemies are often faster than you, although blocking the path as you run away can slow them down, but eventually you will have to hide.

16185_s.gif

WHAT are the enemies anyway? I've heard like growling reminding me of a minotaur (it's just me isn't it?). Might pick this up when I have the monies, but I'll have to think about spending $60 to scare the crap out of me. Then again, people pay money to get themselves scared at haunted rides.

Of course napalm makes a topic for this :roll:

I've looked into it, looks like one of those games that would be rather horrifying to play at midnight alone (with surround sound).

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Why dou you say that? :?:

Because you are always the one to bring up games that are original and not mainstream :thumbup:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

If you're not too sure about it, download the demo from the website and try it out for yourself.

And no, I don't think there are minotaurs in the game.

I downloaded the demo. Opened my first door, heard a roar. Panicked and turned off the game. Definitely not going to buy this :ohnoes:

Why dou you say that? :?:

Because you are always the one to bring up games that are original and not mainstream :thumbup:

:shades:

If you're not too sure about it, download the demo from the website and try it out for yourself.

And no, I don't think there are minotaurs in the game.

I downloaded the demo. Opened my first door, heard a roar. Panicked and turned off the game. Definitely not going to buy this :ohnoes:

Haha, I can't say it didn't happen to me a few times. I think that's pretty much the fun of the game, forcing yourself into a situation in which you are uncomfortable, scared to the point you start saying "oh [cabbage] oh [cabbage] oh [cabbage]" out loud, and getting through it, or not, but either way, I find it fun ;)

16185_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...