so.... i appear to be pregnant

lizzywizzy

I'll pray for you.

Just curious, which country are you in?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I came to this thread too late. Now I can't say "Get an abortion" without sounding like an ass.

My mother is a single parent providing for my sister and I.

Surprisingly, we're doing pretty okay. My mother is a nurse earning under 40K a year but we still have enough money for fast Internet, a flatscreen TV and all those other luxuries.

We do get government support though (~$65/week from gov'ment). Our rent is $310/week.

Sure it's hard, but we get by.

I just recently got a job with a wedding company filming and photographing weddings, and my sister has applied for jobs as a waitress/shopkeeper.

My job and my sister's job doesn't (don't? This was a hard-to-structure sentence) contribute to the rent or food because I only got this job last week.

Needless to say, life is looking alright now. Single parenting is a lot of work, and there are more bumps along the way than you may want to tolerate at times, but my mum loves us and I'm damn sure you'll love your child too.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I love it when people give you advice on not having a child, after you get pregnant. Oh the irony :rolleyes:

On the topic at hand; You have my 'blessings' and I hope everything works out for the better. Everything will work out for the better, dont listen to me.

Edit:

c) No children are destined to be great. Who a child is is mostly based on its environment, and the environment here is not that great. I can't see this ending well.

Wow, very supportive. Not only do you make drastic assumptions, but you go ahead and say this won't end well? I know your telling your idea of the truth, but serously. Thats how depressions start, believe me.

And 25 isnt that young at all. (no offence) 15% of girls at my high school are pregnant, and few are 18.

The truth hurts man, but you have no be real about it.

Also the girls at your school seem like [bleep]s, not much comparison.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

And by the way, visit the relationship thread. Whenever someone mentions a hot chick with a kid, people tell them to not even think about dating her.

When the person asking is 18.....

It's a completely different story at 25.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Best of luck OP. An old friend of mine became a father this year aged just 20/21. It was unplanned as well and he was in a pretty dire financial situation, him and his girlfriend with no regular income. They managed to get a decent council flat as she got priority as she had a child on the way (or something like that).

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'll pray for you.

This.

That sucks that he left you, it makes me mad when guys are jerks and do that (it also makes me mad because girls fall over and over for these jerks when they could see me, but thats beside the point and completly irrevelent)

Best of luck!

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

jibber jabber

The truth hurts man, but you have to be real about it.

Also the girls at your school seem like [bleep]s, not much comparison.

Yes, but it isnt the truth? thats the thing, I see many single parents doing very well. If she was 18, it might be a different story, but not at 25.

also, many of the girls are [cencored]'s, but many are reasonable girls who weren't to careful. Spit happens.

I'll pray for you.

This.

That sucks that he left you, it makes me mad when guys are jerks and do that (it also makes me mad because girls fall over and over for these jerks when they could see me, but thats beside the point and completly irrevelent)

What if the father didn't want the baby, and wanted an abortion? Its always seemed odd to me it's always the woman's decision but the man still has to go through with everything she wants. But in marriage they're both equal.

If she can't help herself with an abortion why should he help her?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'll pray for you.

This.

What if the father didn't want the baby, and wanted an abortion? Its always seemed odd to me it's always the woman's decision but the man still has to go through with everything she wants. But in marriage they're both equal.

While I agree that both parties should be involved in the decision, in the end it is the woman who has to carry it around for 9 months, endure morning sickness/etc. and go through the pain of child birth. But maybe that argument holds more weight if the mother wanted an abortion and the father didn't...

Although on the subject of the father, from the first post I got the impression that the father didn't leave her when he found out she was pregnant. Rather they were dating, they broke up, then she found out she was pregnant with his child. He didn't jump to get back together with her but is still offering his support as a father to the child.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Congratulations for being a financial cancer to your parents and your own peers.

You're just like my sister, cept she actually did something about it.

Dont be so rude :mellow:

OT:

Well an old friend of my brother got a baby at age 15,the child is now 10 years old, and she came out just fine

im sure it will work out for you :thumbup:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

@abyssal_whip: Congratulations on managing to be both incredibly disrespectful and immature in only two sentences.

@lizzywizzy: I commend you on having more courage than I. While my views on abortion differ from yours, I respect the route you're taking, despite all of the obstacles you see ahead of you. I think it only goes to show that your little baby will be in capable hands.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

If someone is willing to have a baby even under rough circumstances, why would you mention abortion? I agree with Serpent that it shows responsibility therefore making abortion look like the lesser option. I mean I support abortion but it's kind of funny how some of you jumped to it so quickly, despite her saying she wanted it.

Congratulations for being a financial cancer to your parents and your own peers.

Somebody's an angsty virgin today.

I don't like it how a lot of the posts here are suggesting abortion. I support it, sure, but it's someone's thread who just said there is no way they're going to do it. So helpful.

Otherwise, good luck to ye, OP.

EDIT: I didn't see you thar, Zierro, nice opinion. :S

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I can't help but ditto this.

I think the phrase "learn some manners" comes into play.

Anyway, I'd hate to be in your position/the father's position, as I'd rather have a child through planning, but good luck to the two of you. Most children are unplanned I would assume, plus 25 isn't that young. Compare it to people over here where most are 16-20 when they get pregnant, and really do just spend their lives living off the state. At least you have a job, a family and the father will be involved. :thumbup:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

While I support abortion, I don't really see a reason WHY you'd abort it - or people would suggest it. She's not too young, she's not in a terrible financial situation (it might be hard, but those are the breaks) and even if it was unplanned you can't just abort because you weren't expecting it.

Anyway, I wish you all the best :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'll pray for you.

This.

Same stands the other way. If she wanted an abortion, there's nothing the father can do about it.

As it's his child, he should live with whatever decision she makes, whether he likes it or not.

polvCwJ.gif

I can't help but ditto this.

I think the phrase "learn some manners" comes into play.

Anyway, I'd hate to be in your position/the father's position, as I'd rather have a child through planning, but good luck to the two of you. Most children are unplanned I would assume, plus 25 isn't that young. Compare it to people over here where most are 16-20 when they get pregnant, and really do just spend their lives living off the state. At least you have a job, a family and the father will be involved. :thumbup:

I live near a secondary school with a daycare... Yeah... 25 seems a good age for a kid.

Good luck, and I'm glad you decided to have it. While I'm not really against abortions, I think it should be reserved for special circumstances.

I'll pray for you.

This.

Same stands the other way. If she wanted an abortion, there's nothing the father can do about it.

As it's his child, he should live with whatever decision she makes, whether he likes it or not.

If she wanted the abortion, the father should go find someone else who wants his baby...if its even important to him. So, no, its not the same.

Its just ridicoulous that people hinge on to petty religious beliefs to screw their fincinal life for 10+ years.

Not saying the OP should abort, if she wants to, go ahead, but she shouldn't complain about hard times when she could of easily avoided it but didn't because of outdated, irrational beliefs.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If she wanted the abortion, the father should go find someone else who wants his baby...if its even important to him. So, no, its not the same.

Its just ridicoulous that people hinge on to petty religious beliefs to screw their fincinal life for 10+ years.

Not saying the OP should abort, if she wants to, go ahead, but she shouldn't complain about hard times when she could of easily avoided it but didn't because of outdated, irrational beliefs.

Uh....let's see. A child has two parents, a mother and a father. They both contribute 50% of their DNA. So, if the father wants to keep the child, who he has 50% stake in, he should just "go find someone else", and forget about his child. Right.

I personally find it ridiculous that people are willing to kill someone to prevent the "screwing of their financial life", but to each his own.

polvCwJ.gif

Your 25, have a job, have a family and someone to support you. People have it unimaginably worst.

At worst, people have done much worse.

At best, you probably killed a bug before. Do it again.

I'm guessing your parents didn't quite think the same.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

These people can help:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/

Go to your local Planned Parenthood for advice, guidance and direction. They won't [cabbage] you, they won't force a choice on you, and they'll give you a lot of useful and helpful information on where to go from here.

I wish you the best of luck. I am a believer of choice, and although I probably would have an abortion in your case, if your choice is to keep your future baby, that is no one's right to tell you otherwise or influence your decision. This has to be your choice and yours alone. Not your boyfriends', not your parents', not your friends', but yours. You can accept input (haha, you're getting it now, aren't you?), but go with how you feel, not how others feel.

To everyone out there telling her she should have been more careful before, maybe that's true, maybe it's not. You're not in the position to judge. Things happen. Condoms break. Birth control fails. Morning after doesn't work as planned. That's why abortion should always be there for those who do wish to have one.

Good luck to you and I wish you a safe pregnancy.