And there all lvl 100+ :( sad

Here are the total levels for those "supposed" bots

Bye2death - 1,651 - 99atk, str - 98 cons - 96 def -

xale - 1366

thunder9751 - 1,235

tyugtj - 1,410

cometnebula - 1,663

niyamei2 - not on high score list only atk,str,def and con was

none of them had any inpressive lvls or anything, was hoping for some1 with like 2k+ total to flame :P

so thats why there are a bunch of people doing nuthing around there, that confused me when i went there ans sew em doing nuthing XD

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the one who made that post and yes eventually the bots would figure a way around it (they also know how to find moving green dragons and stuff), but slowing them down allready makes me feel good.

I've made multiple suggestions in the past.

Also a tax suggestion once when trading was still alloud the old way (pay some rs char 100K before you may cut yews), seemed wonderfull to me that the botowner gave 100K from his main to his botaccount and then boom ban to bad XD gone 100K (100K was worth more then it is nowadays).

And it would have been easy to trace the main even if you don't know anything about IP-stuff :P.

Also I have once been the first person ever who made a vid of how to kill bots (south of falador by dropping yew logs, doesn't work any more).

Later someone here on tip.it made a guide about it, don't know where it is any more.

Nowadays bots are getting harder and harder to trace and fool, especially in F2p :(.

I just have to admit that, but I still see possibilitys for Jagex.

Some bots are first gonna stand next to the thing they need (yew trees for example) before cutting/mining/whatever it, while normal players would simply click the tree/ straight away.

Also I expect some powerminers/whatevers probably have a very simple small dropping script, no normal person would drop exactly the same way time on time again while I expect bots to do.

Also autotalkers could be traceble a bit more easy, if you type fast you can't controll your mouse good, so if Jagex sees you can controll your mouse in a correct way while typing like a idiot then you can be like 99% sure it's a bot (altough 99% of the time you allready allmost 99% sure because they typ sick fast but ok).

Some peoples also think that if someone isn't talking that it's allmost 100% sure a bot, but that simply isn't the case.

I can remember when I played in... 2003 or something, I was a noob and understood barely anything about the game, I didn't ever fight because I knew I usually lost fights ingame.

I liked to mine a lot and I was actually mining 58 or something allready and then someone accused me of macroïng and he said something like omg no not bots here too (mining coal near the dwarves and scorpions) and I was wondering what macroïng ment but didn't really ask because I also wanted to be the first who mined the coal (while I had laggy internet at the time).

Later I understood what macroïng was and I must admit thinking back about it: I was cb 3 or 4 or something, mined like nothing else, didn't talk, barely had armour, actually tipical botting behaviour while I was nothing more as a simple noob. I can also remember others talking that they trained attack till 55 or something before ever training strenght or defence XD...

Anyway, back to the point: If someone isn't talking doesn't meen it's a bot ;).

A few years ago it was easy to see if someone was botting.

I've also seen peoples who were clearly botting sitting behind their comp just chatting, some persons even admitted it after a while after I accused them and wondered how I saw the diffrence between them botting and between them normally playing.

It was just so obvisious, especially at the time but some of them never got banned :S.

For me it's remarkeble to see how bad Jagex was/is in tracing bots some times, but ok what can I do about it :(...

I even know someone irl who's botting nowadays and it's strange to see what such programs can do, and I must say: Yes some of them do get banned like they deserve, but it really does take quite some time before it happens :(.

Somehow I still refuse to use anything like that, it's sad, I play this game for fun, not for a few high numbers, if I want that I'll just look at someones highscores for an hour (wich I do... But that's a diffrend story (A)).

I do understand that Jagex doesn't ban straight away because otherwise it would be to easy for a botmaker to find out on what things he can easely get traced on, but still...

Players, or at least certain players, need some kind of power that will interrupt bots, because I don't think anything's foolproof apart from the Turing Test. Simply teleporting them to a random safe area that's unrelated to what they're doing would break a bot, because they won't have access to the location of the objects they're supposed to be clicking on. It should be automatically accompanied by a bot report.

I'm all for becoming a bot hunter if I could do that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Players, or at least certain players, need some kind of power that will interrupt bots, because I don't think anything's foolproof apart from the Turing Test. Simply teleporting them to a random safe area that's unrelated to what they're doing would break a bot, because they won't have access to the location of the objects they're supposed to be clicking on. It should be automatically accompanied by a bot report.

"hi i want 2 kill graardor"

"sorry i was here first"

"2 bad i am teleporting you for being a bot"

^ what would happen

"sorry i was here first"

^ what would happen

Actually, it would work better if the guy who teleports him also teleports to a safe unrelated place too.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

"sorry i was here first"

^ what would happen

Actually, it would work better if the guy who teleports him also teleports to a safe unrelated place too.

And of course gets a small penalty of accusing someone of botting. (Has to wait 10 minutes to leave if the accused person isn't a botter) And maybe give the accused person one hour immunity.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

With regards to dropping made above, I know a lot of players use Mouse Keys to drop things to make it happen quicker, so in those cases then yes they'd drop the exact same way each time and it's within the rules to do so too.

Jagex will never be able to completely get rid of bots, that's simply impossible. While they could greatly reduce the number in the game and I imagine that that's what they're trying to do all the time there'll still be some left in there.

General updates that "break" bots are most likely not intended and just a benefit of the update. While Jagex do specifically change things to stop bots, not everything is designed for that so in this case I think it's just a case of getting "lucky" in that regard.

Also I expect some powerminers/whatevers probably have a very simple small dropping script, no normal person would drop exactly the same way time on time again while I expect bots to do.

Give me 30 minutes and I'll make a bot with human-like mouse movement and at least 1000000 variations of a drop ...

Bots certainly cannot be stopped, but making their "life" harder is fun indeed :twisted:

Ow yes you can, but it isn't the case atm ( I guess, I'm not sure because I don't bot).

But those things are the things Jagex could trace bots with more easy can't they?

Me myself don't use mousekeys for dropping, but also with mousekeys you don't drop exactly the same, some times you start on the left side of the ore, other times on the right side don't you?

Ow yes you can, but it isn't the case atm ( I guess, I'm not sure because I don't bot).

But those things are the things Jagex could trace bots with more easy can't they?

Me myself don't use mousekeys for dropping, but also with mousekeys you don't drop exactly the same, some times you start on the left side of the ore, other times on the right side don't you?

Many bots are scripted to mine one, drop one, which is what many players do. Or drop in a random order. Or select from a number of different orders by random. You see? Either way, I always drop stuff the same way out of habit, it doesn't make me a bot. The order of dropping is in now way an indicator of botting.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Give me 30 minutes and I'll make a bot with human-like mouse movement and at least 1000000 variations of a drop ...

Bots certainly cannot be stopped, but making their "life" harder is fun indeed :twisted:

counter started!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

counter started!

shall I send it to you by skype/email or any other means ? (I already had the human-like movement done, and the other stuff is fairly easy :D)

counter started!

shall I send it to you by skype/email or any other means ? (I already had the human-like movement done, and the other stuff is fairly easy :D)

no just tell me how you did it.. - You know human movement isn't random! - There are very advance robots trying to mimic human behaviour (I happen to have a friend who chose to study robottica for his MSc degree).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

My movement isn't random as well , its just not a straight line, straight-line with +- x/y, circle and etc ..

1. A is the starting point B is the end point.

2. Depending on the distance between A and B the script generates 1 to 3 break points. (the longer the distance the more break points).

3. Since the break points (lets call them F G and H) end up on a straight line I shift them a bit (I will add a picture later). for example A(0,0), B(100,100) F ends up (50,50) so the script moves it a bit (40,65 for example).

4. Now for the movement it self. (A to F for example). It starts moving in a circle with a random radius (from 10 to 30 pixels for example) and it does 1/30 to 1/20 of the circle. The new position is F1. It starts moving from F1 to F with the same manner (a circle with a new radius and etc.).

The movement is not quite like the human movement, but it's not totally random and I can guarantee that it's hard to get caught by the anti bot system. It's not anything to get proud of (I have few things to fix on it, for example to remove the "edges", but I noticed that sometimes I do them as well when I move the mouse ..) but it does the work perfectly in the current case.

http://i55.tinypic.com/244b1p2.jpg

My movement isn't random as well , its just not a straight line, straight-line with +- x/y, circle and etc ..

2. Depending on the distance between A and B the script generates 1 to 3 break points. (the longer the distance the more break points).

3. Since the break points (lets call them F G and H) end up on a straight line I shift them a bit (I will add a picture later). for example A(0,0), B(100,100) F ends up (50,50) so the script moves it a bit (40,65 for example).

4. Now for the movement it self. (A to F for example). It starts moving in a circle with a random radius (from 10 to 30 pixels for example) and it does 1/30 to 1/20 of the circle. The new position is F1. It starts moving from F1 to F with the same manner (a circle with a new radius and etc.).

The movement is not quite like the human movement, but it's not totally random and I can guarantee that it's hard to get caught by the anti bot system. It's not anything to get proud of (I have few things to fix on it, for example to remove the "edges", but I noticed that sometimes I do them as well when I move the mouse ..) but it does the work perfectly in the current case.

What makes me upset is people go these lengths to cheat at an online game...

I only wonder what the programmers of these bots could do if they applied their knowledge to something usefull.....

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

It depends on the point of view. I don't use the bots to play. I just make them for fun (in other words I NEVER use them to gain anything from the game. the longest run of a script I've ever had is a 30 minutes to test a nature runes bot, who runes PURELY ON COLORS ... ). For the second part. You don't need a lot of time to learn how to make a bot ... so the people who made most of the bots wouldn't help a lot to save the world <_<

It depends on the point of view. I don't use the bots to play. I just make them for fun (in other words I NEVER use them to gain anything from the game. the longest run of a script I've ever had is a 30 minutes to test a nature runes bot, who runes PURELY ON COLORS ... ). For the second part. You don't need a lot of time to learn how to make a bot ... so the people who made most of the bots wouldn't help a lot to save the world <_<

Thats unfortunate. The programs seem complex :|

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I looked at using a bezier curve to mimic human input. It was a fun exercise in programming, actually. What's nice about the bezier curve is how smooth it is, and the first point and the last point in the series are the start and end points. The difficult part is mimicking the speed of parts in the curve. But its easy to generate 2-4 points along the path from A to B and it generates a smooth line.

Actually, here's an applet demonstrating it (better than I can explain in text). http://www.netgraphics.sk/bezier-curve-3

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Clearly you know nothing about bots and how their scripts work. This update does nothing to stop bots. All they'd have to do for the Green Dragon thing is change the script a tiny bit, probably just one line actually.

This guy obviously bots.

asrhasrh.jpg

I looked at using a bezier curve to mimic human input. It was a fun exercise in programming, actually. What's nice about the bezier curve is how smooth it is, and the first point and the last point in the series are the start and end points. The difficult part is mimicking the speed of parts in the curve. But its easy to generate 2-4 points along the path from A to B and it generates a smooth line.

Actually, here's an applet demonstrating it (better than I can explain in text). http://www.netgraphics.sk/bezier-curve-3

I am not a fan of a "100% curvy lines" but I will definitely will try to do that as a side project :thumbsup:

They will be back unless Jagex's legal team managed to stop them completely (instead of just taking their domain name, which is possibly what happened). Even if they are through, someone will probably leak the code and they'll come back.

I'm going to enjoy the respite while it's here.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant