GF Bots....for a while

snowboarder

I suppose the other thing I'd do with Jagex is just flood the market with bogus bot sites and people offering to make bots, which would break down the trust between bot makers and customers.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me upset is people go these lengths to cheat at an online game...

I only wonder what the programmers of these bots could do if they applied their knowledge to something usefull.....

Most of the scripters are still kids

You know, what I would really love to create is an "antillegence" bot: by using ant-behaviour for pathfinding one could actually search dynamically for good. (Ants wander -in basic- randomly, then when they find a resource they return to home following the path they wandered.. leaving a feromone spore in their trail. Now new ants are more likely to follow the feromone spore yet may still wander. Each ant increases the strength of the trail (and the trail weakens by time). This means that the trail which can handle most ants a second (which is the shortest) becomes gets more and more ants on it.

It would be a really interesting thing to see this happening in a world such as runescape (sadly it's not allowed).

but I guess this isn't the place to discuss this.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You know, what I would really love to create is an "antillegence" bot: by using ant-behaviour for pathfinding one could actually search dynamically for good. (Ants wander -in basic- randomly, then when they find a resource they return to home following the path they wandered.. leaving a feromone spore in their trail. Now new ants are more likely to follow the feromone spore yet may still wander. Each ant increases the strength of the trail (and the trail weakens by time). This means that the trail which can handle most ants a second (which is the shortest) becomes gets more and more ants on it.

It would be a really interesting thing to see this happening in a world such as runescape (sadly it's not allowed).

but I guess this isn't the place to discuss this.

The paid bots already have this :thumbup:

I like that idea with the "ban them while they're stuck in one place". jagex can move objects around once a month and the sweep the worlds banning those who are standing around with no interaction with the game whatsoever.

This part is a stretch:

If someone gets wrongly banned, Jagex looks at their appeal PERSONALLY and hears out each case. Now that rwt is pretty much gone, booting is the next biggest offense and they should consider each appeal case carefully, and even use the runetracker.org to see if their exp gains are "off the charts"

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

If someone gets wrongly banned, Jagex looks at their appeal PERSONALLY and hears out each case. Now that rwt is pretty much gone, booting is the next biggest offense and they should consider each appeal case carefully, and even use the runetracker.org to see if their exp gains are "off the charts"

Not everyone has a life outside of rs.

Jagex never has and never will read macro appeals.

It depends on the point of view. I don't use the bots to play. I just make them for fun (in other words I NEVER use them to gain anything from the game. the longest run of a script I've ever had is a 30 minutes to test a nature runes bot, who runes PURELY ON COLORS ... ). For the second part. You don't need a lot of time to learn how to make a bot ... so the people who made most of the bots wouldn't help a lot to save the world <_<

They charge for these bots you see.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Also I expect some powerminers/whatevers probably have a very simple small dropping script, no normal person would drop exactly the same way time on time again while I expect bots to do.

Give me 30 minutes and I'll make a bot with human-like mouse movement and at least 1000000 variations of a drop ...

Bots certainly cannot be stopped, but making their "life" harder is fun indeed :twisted:

counter started!

already started??

Some use client hooks to get ID's then use advanced mouse motion algorithms and mechanisms to determine where to click and can click via ID of objects. Color bots and ghost mouse are very detectable.

I wrote one of those earlier.

Wait.. Er.. I mean. And I wrote a function to produce realistic mouse movements to go with it. ^^. Of course.. Not for botting RS. ;P

09144a99bb.png

Surely It doesn't matter how random the mouse movements are? Doesn't runescape only log the click location? If so then having a realistic human-like mouse movement but a repeated click would still show as botting

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Then randomize the click location. ;)

Which is what i'm sure the bots do.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Surely It doesn't matter how random the mouse movements are? Doesn't runescape only log the click location? If so then having a realistic human-like mouse movement but a repeated click would still show as botting

If you move the mouse the 5 minute logoff timer resets .. so I'm pretty sure the game detects the mouse movement.

If you move the mouse the 5 minute logoff timer resets .. so I'm pretty sure the game detects the mouse movement.

Oh I didn't know that. I've always used the arrow keys to turn the camera angle

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

They are back again aren't they? :(

they never left, they just got reduced.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

They are back again aren't they? :(

they never left, they just got reduced.

Not all bots were affected by this update, just the most popular ones. And they will be back, I'm sure.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Oh I didn't know that. I've always used the arrow keys to turn the camera angle

I don't know if I'm unaware or something, but I thought that arrow keys are only way to turn the camera angle.

Other than that, I agree with LCooL.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

If you click at the compass the camera sets at center (left/right) and at the lowest possible position but I don't think this counts ..

btw there is one spot at barbarian fishing which acts as anti-bot measures :D it's unreachable ... there are at least 2-3 people everytime I fish which are just .. stuck in there waiting for it to move :D