Paranormal Investigations

Dizzle229

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Of course it has been remodeled. Still the same place. We knew going in that the house as it was doesn't exist anymore. The owners don't like people going there, and they did all they could to take it off the map.

Edit: OMG JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA EVER BRAAAGH. There are two abandoned mental asylums on the island. We're friggin' doing this.

Edit Edit: Forget Amityville. I would love to do this.

800px-Pilgrim-psychiatric.jpg

Just so you know, not ALL of it is abandoned. Some is still used, while some just sits.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Edit: OMG JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA EVER BRAAAGH. There are two abandoned mental asylums on the island. We're friggin' doing this.

DO IT. You have my sword.

It might be hard to break in, seeing as mental asylums are big targets for urban explorers, so there will probably good locks and doors.

DO IT. You have my sword.

It might be hard to break in, seeing as mental asylums are big targets for urban explorers, so there will probably good locks and doors.

that, and the fact that we like to keep mental patients securely locked up... VERY good locks and doors.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

The video was great, nice stuff!

Looking forward to the next one, this is a fun thread to follow :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Ever heard Sanitarium by Metallica? It really makes me think about the "legally insane" and the methods used to "cure" them...

Here's some lyrics for your enjoyment...

[hide=SANITARIUM...LEAVE ME BE!]Build my fear of what's out there

Cannot breathe the open air

Whisper things into my brain

Assuring me that I'm insane

They think our heads are in their hands

But violent use brings violent plans

Keep him tied, it makes him well

He's getting better, can't you tell?

No more can they keep us in

Listen, damn it, we will win

They see it right, they see it well

But they think this saves us from our hell [/hide]

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, it's been a long time and I never wanted to bump this without something new to add. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much progress in the way of pictures or anything, but I do have more to say, and I felt it was worth it, though this thread will probably die again for a while. Oh well, time to lay out the news.

The Amityville Horror

We have confirmed that, despite some serious doubt on my part, the pics I posted earlier ARE of the right house. I was sure we'd have to go back and find the real one, but comparing some images in old pics of the branches on trees and the house to the right proves that we got it right the first time.

Church House

-There are two trees on either side of the driveway. On each we found some torn and faded police tape that we failed to notice before.

-We got a name from the trophy in the house, and a search for the name found a high school teacher in a school around here, and another teacher of the same name (presumably the same person), teaching in the town I used to live in!

Sweet Hollow Road

I felt bad for bumping this without much to say, so I decided to sweeten it with a new location, and one that we could, unlike the asylums, very easily do. What do I even need to say about Sweet Hollow Road? It has Mt. Misery, where supposedly two hospitals or a school, according to legend, burned to the ground, as well as an overpass that served as a ceiling for a double suicide by hanging. Throw in the infamous black dog of death, the ghost of Mary, a common phantom hitchhiker story, and a cop missing half his head that pulls over drivers, and we have a fun location to take a look at.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

My mother approached me tonight about possibly staying overnight and doing an investigation at the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/

She and I have both always wanted to do something like this. If we end up doing it, we'll have to buy a better camera and an audio recorder to make it a proper investigation. The overnight itself is something like $100 per person and you need 10 people in your group.

I am very, very excited about having the slightest possibility investigating there. It will be a dream come true.

Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures have both done episodes there.

No detailed plans at the moment, but I will keep you all updated if we go through with it.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

My mother approached me tonight about possibly staying overnight and doing an investigation at the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/

She and I have both always wanted to do something like this. If we end up doing it, we'll have to buy a better camera and an audio recorder to make it a proper investigation. The overnight itself is something like $100 per person and you need 10 people in your group.

I am very, very excited about having the slightest possibility investigating there. It will be a dream come true.

Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures have both done episodes there.

No detailed plans at the moment, but I will keep you all updated if we go through with it.

OMG DO IT! You'll be one of the last, I've heard they plan to convert it into a hotel. Definitely keep us updated!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I have a question for TIF. I'm just curious on what people think of this question:

Do you think the possible existence of spirits and "demons" could mean that there is a Heaven/Hell or Satan/God?

Just curious what your opinion is. I was at the movies an hour ago when a trailer that was supposedly based on a true story had a possessed girl in it, and I wondered this question.