1,500 - done. 1,800 or 2,000?

@Dan3HitU

I really don't see why 1500 worlds exist in the first place...

For F2p higher levels. Or better yet, only limit non member (not even once) F2p on it. Or we should set up a system like someone mentioned here, you need to have 1500 levels, plus 150mil total xp to get it. lol (This entire thing is of course being really sarcastic and only meant to be a joke)

I think I agree with that higher level players should not need a higher level world, because it would create some form of unjust among other players (more resource and stuff). But I know a lot of people use those worlds not for better resource, they simply want peace and quiet (not all the time, but most of the time)

In reflection to the hours per day playing part, don't forget that RS been running for almost 10 years. People with high stats or levels, or xp tend to play a lot, or used to play a lot sometime during their RS life. I think only very few one that plays to the point where their life becomes completely unbalanced. Of course I am not the one to lecture people, I used to play a lot (8 hours per day for 1.5 years), but slow them down once real life kicks in (jobs, mortgages and other mis things). I don't really regret the hours I spend in RS, because it was the fun and that's what it count (responsible for your own action so to speak).

a happy Runescaper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill total worlds right now really aren't all that high...

For both F2P and P2P worlds (1000 and 1500), it averages to ~60 in each skill. I doubt the average player will have difficulty reaching that. Heck even 70+ isn't all that difficult. It's a matter of, do you want to train these skills or not?

Pulli, with all these added stuff these days, efficiency really is the only way to play Runescape. Or even, games in general. If you're not efficient, you're not only wasting your time, but also your MONEY. And no, it's not just "time is money", it's your real life cash going down the drain too.

You know why I choose not to be a member for now? Because I want to improve my character up to the point that when I finally decide to get members, I will have a pretty good advantage. I don't want time and money going down the drain with subpar stats and cash.

That being said, yes there needs to be more worlds. 1200 for f2p and 1800 for p2p is a good number, as for both, it averages to ~75 for each skill which is a pretty nice goal.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

well levelling skills is slower at higher levels, so this is one argument supporting an exp multiplier

NOT THAT I SUPPORT IT

So, you dont really need to train skills as much at a higher level.

Who needs more herblore levels when you already have overloads.

And no, it's not just "time is money", it's your real life cash going down the drain too.

I don't know about membership prices where you live or individual circumstance, but i don't think that really applys considering how cheap membership is.

Considering maybe 1-2 hours of work can pay for a month of membership. And almost every skill is maybe 1.5-2 times more efficient in members worlds, money isnt really the issue IMO.

O.O

Why?

High levels already get advantages for being, well, high leveled. Do they really need EVEN MORE advantages over a normal player?

Well the idea behind it was an incentive to get onto the world, because ( correct me if im wrong) total level doesn't really help with all that much, thats why the slightly faster spawn rate would be nice.

Although I don't like the 1% extra xp idea very much. It would kind of be like a very small reward that only the higher level players can acsess.

Well the idea behind it was an incentive to get onto the world

after hearing you say that, i definitely don't support the idea. the level req should intrinsically be the incentive, otherwise level worlds should not exist at all.

I vote 2300+ so I can have a goal.

Rofl.

I would love to see an 1800 or 2000 world. Even though I don't think many people would use them, it would be very good for a few people :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well the idea behind it was an incentive to get onto the world

after hearing you say that, i definitely don't support the idea. the level req should intrinsically be the incentive, otherwise level worlds should not exist at all.

Huh? Sorry you've lost me here. To be honest I don't support my own idea all that much haha. At this present moment in time I have yet to log onto a level world.

I think it depends what these worlds are meant to be for? I've never been entirely sure.

I know that some people get irritated by low levels asking simple questions.

Conversations like

Noob: Help how do I get to Ardougne?

High levelled person: Arrgh I hate stupid noobs asking stupid noob questions.

are good for no one (especially the new player) -

So is the aim to seperate low level players from those who really can't stand them?

By level 1500 people should know the game well enough not to cause irritation simply by being low levelled. - Sure there are still irritating people at that level, but by that point I can't see why it's level based and they'd still be irritating even at max skill total.

Maybe there is another reason for these worlds.

Well the idea behind it was an incentive to get onto the world, because ( correct me if im wrong) total level doesn't really help with all that much

Levels in general help with everything, unless its something useless like firemaking, and even that has its place in quests.

Generally speaking, the higher you are on total level, the easier time you will have. And though total level itself is useless, no one cares.

You don't see me making smithing more useful by making it give every other skill an XP increase at 99...

Although I don't like the 1% extra xp idea very much. It would kind of be like a very small reward that only the higher level players can acsess.

They dont need any more rewards... Not to mention the existance of the world in the first place is reward enough without an XP increase...

O.O

I think it depends what these worlds are meant to be for? I've never been entirely sure.

I know that some people get irritated by low levels asking simple questions.

Conversations like

Noob: Help how do I get to Ardougne?

High levelled person: Arrgh I hate stupid noobs asking stupid noob questions.

are good for no one (especially the new player) -

So is the aim to seperate low level players from those who really can't stand them?

By level 1500 people should know the game well enough not to cause irritation simply by being low levelled. - Sure there are still irritating people at that level, but by that point I can't see why it's level based and they'd still be irritating even at max skill total.

Maybe there is another reason for these worlds.

Let me fix your conversation for how it usually is me for. As I prefer not to call others noobs I just like to play this game for fun without abuse..

Noob: H3y high l3vel n0b DO skill emote you sad no life rofl.

*Mentally ignored*

Noob: Rofl why you level over 99.

Noob: OMG why you not speak to me you stupid nerd.

2nd Noob: ASSIST me

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

bazzaminxer

ASSSIIIIST MEEEE ASSIIIIIST MEEEEEEE!!!!

*Follows me around as I skill for 10 minutes*

ASIIIIST MEEE ASIIIISST MEEEE!!!!

BAZZAMINXER!!!

BAZZAMINXER!!!

-

Those are the more extreme but I am not exaggerating. Thats pretty much one of the reasons I would prefer a 1800/2000 world. It should hopefully cut it down the intrusiveness by about half. The people who do that kinda thing in general are probably about half that bad but its still quite annoying.

Even then I dont think its high enough for me but thats just because I been playing for an extremely long time and I would accept 2000 has being pretty high total level for the majority of high levels. Anything higher would present a problem for spawn locations and such rather than general training near banks.

-

I mean generally I wouldnt necessarily see certain convo's like that as a bad thing if only they half heartedly try to be polite, but nearly all of it is intrusive and rude in some way. I generally dont like people boldly saying 'assist me' without starting some kinda 'hello <name> please could you help.' Anything else is just generally.. who the hell are you and why the hell should I bother switching to public chat to answer something that is always the same answer again and again and again. I am not just talking about newbie players either.. Many of them are 130+ chars in combat. (Though I obviously dont know what total level is or care.) The majority of people who are not particularly polite once ignored turn very hostile or very intrusive. Hence why I ignore them to begin with.. Any decent player would just move on and those are the only ones I bother politely saying no to. Although obviously the are times when I am simply busy or kicked back so I am not typing anything but thats my right too.

Its similar to the more adult places in real life (example: Pub :rolleyes: ) however its based more on time invested into the game as well as knowledge rather than any maturity that comes with age. I wouldnt say higher total means better maturity but it does bring other stuff be it good or bad. Guaranteed to have idiots but then so many people in pubs are too.. Doesnt mean I would particularly like clowns and children running around like a day care centre. Same as expecting people to be polite/leave me in peace or have better knowledge of the game.

Guest jrhairychest

The only thing I see as I go through this post is that many think these total level worlds are useful for getting away from noobs. For a start higher levels are two-a-penny these days so you wont be that elite which I believe is what most players who support this are trying to achieve. Some say its to get away from noobs. Werent you a lower level player once?

Why is that some players think that they are too good for lower levels to mingle with them or ask questions, yet you dont mind when theyre fawning over your cape/armour/items? It was ok for you to mingle with high level players when you were low levels but now you want it changing because youre so high and mighty they dont deserve your attention? How dare they frequent your mining/ranging etc spot? Its pathetic.

Sure there can be behavioural issues with some lower levels but higher level players are no angels either, from my experience. It just takes the form of arrogance instead of the low level ignorance and naivety. We even now have high level beggars that frequent edgeville for their effigies to be done, which is no different from a low level player begging for money. If someone refuses to assist them then the name calling begins....No different.

Lower levels wont learn good behaviour unless theyre educated to do so and they wont learn game ethics or good play without high levels around to do this. Trying to get away from lower levels is not a solution to the issues you may face. I work with the same kind of people Grumble about things but not prepared to forward any useful solutions to the issues so they want to hide away and let other people deal with their problems.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves.

It's not about maturity, it's about AGE. Us older players can be as immature as any 13 year old, but just like in real life, we don't like to hang out with 13 year old kids. I know that not every high-level player is going to be 20+ years old, but there is a lot better chance that he or she will be, and THAT is what we want. Or at least what I would like to see.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

If you guys think he's projecting his life into yours... then I think your hyprocritical too.

Take a look around in the forums. The amount of posts that go along like this are many:

Q: how should I train slayer?

A: Cannon, piety, overloads, turmoil, etc.

Q: how should I train [insert expensive skill]?

A: make money at gwd, frost dragons, tds, or green dragons if your a lower level. Then use the fastest way of buying that skill.

Whatever happened to suggesting other stuff? And when some people do suggest other stuff, it gets put down with "waste of time, blahblahblah is more efficient".

Remember that whole 'killing level 2 men' debacle? Yea, you tell me pulli is projecting his life into yours... just makes me laugh.

Logical fallacy detected: Most people are asking for the BEST way to train something. The fastest, most efficient way is normally the BEST, unless you factor in "fun". Since "fun" is VERY subjective, as well as being something which can't be measured, an individual needs to figure out where they sacrifice one for the other, unless they always train the most "fun" OR efficient way. Personally, for me, the most efficient way is normally the most enjoyable.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The only thing I see as I go through this post is that many think these total level worlds are useful for getting away from noobs. For a start higher levels are two-a-penny these days so you wont be that elite which I believe is what most players who support this are trying to achieve. Some say its to get away from noobs. Werent you a lower level player once?

Why is that some players think that they are too good for lower levels to mingle with them or ask questions, yet you dont mind when theyre fawning over your cape/armour/items? It was ok for you to mingle with high level players when you were low levels but now you want it changing because youre so high and mighty they dont deserve your attention? How dare they frequent your mining/ranging etc spot? Its pathetic.

Sure there can be behavioural issues with some lower levels but higher level players are no angels either, from my experience. It just takes the form of arrogance instead of the low level ignorance and naivety. We even now have high level beggars that frequent edgeville for their effigies to be done, which is no different from a low level player begging for money. If someone refuses to assist them then the name calling begins....No different.

Lower levels wont learn good behaviour unless theyre educated to do so and they wont learn game ethics or good play without high levels around to do this. Trying to get away from lower levels is not a solution to the issues you may face. I work with the same kind of people Grumble about things but not prepared to forward any useful solutions to the issues so they want to hide away and let other people deal with their problems.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves.

wait until you are high level and are constantly pestered.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Guest jrhairychest

Ironic statement considering I get pestered by high level combaters who want 91+ smith and craft assistance for their effigies because theyve neglected those parts of their game. When they cant get their own way they often resort to name calling etc. How does that differentiate them from badly behaved lower level players?

We all get pestered, questioned and even heckled at some point but theres more adult ways of dealing with it than wanting to join some sort of elite world. You could just use your ignore list which solves your problems.

I do not believe for a second that anyone posting here has not questioned or tried to talk to higher levels during their time in game and its in pretty bad taste and unsporting not to offer the same courtesy to those who would benefit the education and wisdom of experience.

Ironic statement considering I get pestered by high level combaters who want 91+ smith and craft assistance for their effigies because theyve neglected those parts of their game. When they cant get their own way they often resort to name calling etc. How does that differentiate them from badly behaved lower level players?

We all get pestered, questioned and even heckled at some point but theres more adult ways of dealing with it than wanting to join some sort of elite world. You could just use your ignore list which solves your problems.

I do not believe for a second that anyone posting here has not questioned or tried to talk to higher levels during their time in game and its in pretty bad taste and unsporting not to offer the same courtesy to those who would benefit the education and wisdom of experience.

I get pestered far more often now, than when I was lower leveled. It's a fact you can't escape, the higher level you are the more likely you are to have higher skills.

Guest jrhairychest

I get pestered far more often now, than when I was lower leveled. It's a fact you can't escape, the higher level you are the more likely you are to have higher skills.

Nobody would deny that, but the mature players deal with it effectively enough without resorting to wanting their own worlds to solve the issue. Is courtesy such a swearword or an ignore button a problem to use?

It's the same concept as having adults only swim. We pretty much have this starting around 11 or 12 o'clock CST when all the younger players go to bed, so that's kind of cool, but it'd be nice to have the option available to us all the time.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The 1,500 world has been successful in creating topics like these...

A 1,800 world would be great, but I guess I'm a bit biased. Also, I would like to see a world where people who play Barbarian Assault just for the torso and don't actually know how to play can go fail

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender