Hungry Jacks is better than McDonalds

i_love_burritos

Oh, my mistake. I thought by, "I never had a problem," you meant you never had a bad experience, instead of you never had a bad opinion about them.

But yeah, it is extremely annoying when someone gets feisty because they didn't get their order 100% right. As long as you're not missing any orders, I don't see what the big deal is, unless you're allergic or something. And most of the time it's not even that they care about eating the mayo - it's the principal. Just calm the [bleep] down and eat your $1 chicken sandwich. #-o And they call me a picky eater?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tip for my fellow fast food lovers: You can sometimes get fast food delivered to your house via taxi. (Depends on the taxi services in your town). Just call them, get them to get your order, then bring it to your location. For me, it's $15.00 + the price of the order. (No, I was not the idiot paying when we did this)

But I found out the often mix your order up, and tend to get double big macs confused with normal big macs <.<

...wait what? Whats a double bic mac? =\

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Had the first McDonalds (and fast food in general, I suppose) I've had in ages today. Would've rather had a BK but the one near me has shut down and moved a little further away. Double cheese burger and fries. The burgers were better than I remember them being though, I'll give them that.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Oh, my mistake. I thought by, "I never had a problem," you meant you never had a bad experience, instead of you never had a bad opinion about them.

But yeah, it is extremely annoying when someone gets feisty because they didn't get their order 100% right. As long as you're not missing any orders, I don't see what the big deal is, unless you're allergic or something. And most of the time it's not even that they care about eating the mayo - it's the principal. Just calm the [bleep] down and eat your $1 chicken sandwich. #-o And they call me a picky eater?

It's fine :P

I'm a very picky eater though, I don't like a lot of other fast foods. I don't eat burgers or anything with sauce or anything I deem to be 'weird' so I'm limited to basic fast foods like chicken nuggets and chips :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Both of them make me ill. But BK just tastes better.

That's what fast food is. It's cheap and...

Woah there buddy. Pump your breaks. 8 dollars is not cheap for a burger the diameter of my fist and the thickness of, if I'm lucky, my thumbdrive.

Fast food hasn't been cheap since the 1960's. If you mean cheap quality though, then I apologize. That crap certainly isn't good for you.

With eight dollars you should be getting a whole combo meal. The way I measure it, is that 1 hour of minimum wage should get you a medium combo meal, even the cheapest one. So far, the majority of states follow this little rule of thumb of mine.

So no, its not expensive compared to regular resturants. Resturants in general are always more expensive than making it yourself.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

With eight dollars you should be getting a whole combo meal. The way I measure it, is that 1 hour of minimum wage should get you a medium combo meal, even the cheapest one. So far, the majority of states follow this little rule of thumb of mine.

So no, its not expensive compared to regular resturants. Resturants in general are always more expensive than making it yourself.

Of course they're going to be cheaper compared to restaurants that have trained chefs and paid waiters/waitresses who come bring you your food, etc. And of course restaraunts are more expensive than making it yourself, you're paying for the labour and overall experience. Eating out might be a way to satisfy a need, whether it be a BK or Atria's, but it is primarily a method of entertainment and luxury.

If you're living on a budget, $8 isn't cheap, no matter where you spend it. And I think considering in fast food chains they have eliminated all the skill required to go into the product, they could stand to be a little less costly. Their profit margins are exorbitant.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you were going to argue THAT, I would at least talk about something worthier, like medical insurance.

If you're in a budget, you could buy the family box of pasta for 4 dollars and use it to feed you for 2 days.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If you were going to argue THAT, I would at least talk about something worthier, like medical insurance.

Except this is a topic about fast food chains and I'm talking about them, not insurance. I'm sorry, but they're still overpriced. Yeah, you can shop around and get the good deal. You can order from the value menu, because they're designed specifically to have very little profit because they're banking on you buying a drink or fries. But the average person who orders what they prefer, say a large whopper combo, is getting about 5$ worth of food and drink for an 8-9 dollar charge.

hzvjpwS.gif

Except this is a topic about fast food chains and I'm talking about them, not insurance. I'm sorry, but they're still overpriced. Yeah, you can shop around and get the good deal. You can order from the value menu, because they're designed specifically to have very little profit because they're banking on you buying a drink or fries. But the average person who orders what they prefer, say a large whopper combo, is getting about 5$ worth of food and drink for an 8-9 dollar charge.

I do agree that fast food is a luxury.

I had fast food for my dinners at college, mainly because it was convenient and local chip shops *are* cheap. A meal at McDonalds costs me £3.20 whereas I can get a tray of chips locally for £1. However I know that making sandwiches would be cheaper but it's about getting a balance of convenience and price if you're having it on a regular basis. If you're just having a treat then it might be okay to splash out on the overpriced food now and again.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I highly dislike large chain fast-food restaurants because of how they tend to exploit the lower classes. The US Gov't subsidizes many of the ingredients that go into such food such as potatoes. In doing so, the cost of production goes way down and makes the product at the restaurant easier/cheaper to buy than the ingredients it takes to make it at the grocery store. The problem with this is that the poor are unable to afford healthy food and that's when health problems start to occur. Obesity and heart disease rates among them are higher than for any other socioeconomic demographic. Who fronts the bill when they get a heart attack? The taxpayers. Moreover, fast food production is horrible for the environment (more pollution comes from industrial food production than from transportation) and leads us to eating too many animal products. In fact, we eat something like six times more meat than is recommended by the FDA.

Food for thought.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

In doing so, the cost of production goes way down and makes the product at the restaurant easier/cheaper to buy than the ingredients it takes to make it at the grocery store.

Where do you live? Restaurants are always more expensive than buying it from the grocery store. Take this example:

1 box of raviolis, feeds a family of four, costs like 3-5 bucks depending on brand. A bowl of pasta in a resturant cots 8-11 dollars, and that only feeds 1 person. So 40 bucks in a resturant to feed a family or 5, plus lets say 2 more for the gas used to cook it, that's still a bargain.

Maybe if you already have no cooking utensils and no ability to cook, the restaurants may be cheaper in the short run, but in the long run there's no way in hell restaurants are cheaper.

siggy3s.jpg

In doing so, the cost of production goes way down and makes the product at the restaurant easier/cheaper to buy than the ingredients it takes to make it at the grocery store.

Where do you live? Restaurants are always more expensive than buying it from the grocery store. Take this example:

1 box of raviolis, feeds a family of four, costs like 3-5 bucks depending on brand. A bowl of pasta in a resturant cots 8-11 dollars, and that only feeds 1 person. So 40 bucks in a resturant to feed a family or 5, plus lets say 2 more for the gas used to cook it, that's still a bargain.

Maybe if you already have no cooking utensils and no ability to cook, the restaurants may be cheaper in the short run, but in the long run there's no way in hell restaurants are cheaper.

He said large fast food chains, not restaurants in general.

rosssigfinal.jpg

They may both be gross, but BK is worse: the actual cleanliness of the restaurant is questionable, they screw up every single order, no matter how simply (ex: I order two strawberry milkshakes: I get one chocolate and one vanilla, and then they tell me that the machine is broken, so it's that or nothing.)

Still, MickeyD is pretty gross too, so....

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

They may both be gross, but BK is worse: the actual cleanliness of the restaurant is questionable, they screw up every single order, no matter how simply (ex: I order two strawberry milkshakes: I get one chocolate and one vanilla, and then they tell me that the machine is broken, so it's that or nothing.)

Still, MickeyD is pretty gross too, so....

Blame failing health standards and enforcement from corporate to regional levels. No minimum wage worker is going to give a crap if the floor is spic and span.

On a side note, I went to Wendys on Sunday. It was the first time in months, and I was in the mood for something a little more substantial than the value menu jr. bacon cheeseburger. I asked my boyfriend to order me a baconator while I called my family to discuss how house-searching has gone. He accidentally orders me a triple.

It was huuuuuuge. It also was about 9.25 for that, too (large triple). It seemed like bulk and volume for no reason. I felt the price more fairly reflected what you were getting, but still...who could eat all of that?

I think I'll just stick with the jr bacon cheeseburgers.

hzvjpwS.gif

He said large fast food chains, not restaurants in general.

Actually, he did say restaurants, but a fast food is a restaurant anyway. Replace the pasta with hamburgers. Buying bread, hamburger patties, lettuce, tomato, cheese in bulk is cheaper than FAST FOOD restaurants after a couple of meals, when the bulk evens out.

siggy3s.jpg

subway > every sinlge fast food chain in existence.

chitpotle too i guess.

/yawn

Their ingredients don't taste fresh, really.

siggy3s.jpg

I worked at a burger king for two years, so I prefer to stay away from it if at all possible. Only place I eat fast food now and days is Wendy's.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've got to say that I enjoy Wendy's and Subway, but it's far to expensive to eat there more than a few times a year, in my opinion. I mean, a salad is like $9 now. I can get a pre-made one twice that size at the grocery store, and still have some change leftover.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.