What needs to be "Tweaked" in RS?

stonewall337

Let me repeat this, even though others have said it, because I think it is so important:

Left-click attack monsters higher level than me.

As for others...

- Increase the size of the obstacles in the Ape Atoll agility course (seriously, once I never have to go back there I'll be happy)

- Ability to turn "Do-x" off if I want to

- Untradeable pots able to be stored in familiars

- An option for my familiar to always attack the monster I'm attacking (because I really need another thing to have to pay attention to while slaying)

- Spec bar always visible (not a big problem for me thanks to multiple mouse buttons, but it can still be annoying)

- Make the prayer icon by the mini-map only affect the prayers on the quick-pray menu (for example, if I'm using piety and rapid heal, clicking on the icon turns off both, even if only Piety is selected as a quick-prayer)

- Keep my weapon on the same attack style whenever I switch to it, even if the weapon I switched from doesn't have that attack style.

All I can think of right now.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keyboard movement. (Add actual real-time movement to that too)

Less grind. (You have to click that tree for 40 hours before starting this quest. No, it won't actually help you in the quest other than the arbitrary requirement. Please bend down!)

Realistic environment scale (walking up a mountain in a couple seconds, draynor manor example posted above, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing major.

Aw. I had a whole tl;dr ready for you guys, too.

Edit: xxshady said it, so I may aswell give you my tl;dr conclusion. Grinding sucks. If you're going to continue to mess up the economy with future bonus exp weekends, just give the game a permanent 2x (1.69 if you want to be technical, 3x or 5x if you want your players to have lives.) global exp bonus.

Anyway - an ability to turn on or off the auto-retaliate for my familiar would be awesome. I do not want to use my extra war tortoise pouch(es) to restore its LP just because it decided to attack something that hits through its defense like a knife through butter.

Also a charm pouch, (for lack of a more redundant word?) that allowed you to store 4 charms, or perhaps 6 if you consider abyssal and obsidian charms, in one inventory spot. Also a charm magnet, that work similar to the bonecrusher except it places charms in your inventory/charm pouch instead of exchanging them for exp. Both of these could be released as rewards in Dungeoneering Batch 2, as similar counterparts (gem bag/coal bag, bonecrusher/herbicide) have been released in the previous Dungeoneering releases.

Edited by Peregrine

A whole bunch of tweaks basically seem to boil down to "remove right-click options I can't use anyway". This goes for other people's summons and pets, attacking teammates in Castle Wars, Clan Wars and whatnot. I realise it's probably not just a simple tweak, but this has been a major pain in the ass since Castle Wars came out so I'd like to see them get around to fixing it sometime.

I also second having a clearer interface for 'buffs' like antifire potions and such, as well as permanent display of special attack energy. I suppose it might be hard to fit all this in the game window for 'fixed' size, but at least having some UI options for this for greater screen sizes would be ace.

Familiars covering players and enemies is also just plain weird, especially if it's someone else's familiar. Why display a familiar you can't even do anything with over players you can interact with, or even monsters that are punching you in the face? :S

A charm pouch sounds like a great idea. Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something everybody would love.

... Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something everybody would love.

No, not everyone.

Why should I assist someone (and put up with the nagging, whining, following and other undesirable behavior) when I get nothing from it?

You should rephrase it as “Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something every low level would love.”

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

... Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something everybody would love.

No, not everyone.

Why should I assist someone (and put up with the nagging, whining, following and other undesirable behavior) when I get nothing from it?

You should rephrase it as Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something every low level would love.

Limit it like they have done with trade limits, assist more xp to friends and with higher quest points.

Yeah, I admit I didn't really think that one through. Was mostly thinking of wanting to assist friends but not being able to because of the assist limit, but removing it would probably increase the amount of people bothering higher level players to assist them with X or Y because it 'doesn't cost them anything'...

What MINOR changes do you think need to be made in RuneScaper? Nothing major.

Personally:

1.) X pots/some untradable items in BoB.

2.) Able to renew familiar with a pouch in BoB.

3.) Better timers. No more "almost run out", but more like "your antifire has 1 more minute remaining" Also, same for Overloads.

4.) Spec bar visible without wielding a weapon with a special attack.

5.) If I am attacking a monster, and it is attacking me, I CAN SEE IT. Let my Titan attack it (Yes you TDS)

6.) Make X Mage potions boost drop slower, if you are over 99 mage. They only boost +7 levels, even though they boost damage, since each boost lasts so little, they lose a lot of value.

I'd say:

1) ACTUAL timers, (no "indicators" but actual time... all they need to do it stick a variable of the type "String" with an variable of the type "Double (Integer with decimals) on the end of it, and then we have actual numbers to relate to...

2) EVERYWHERE Multicombat, except Certain areas (Slayer Tower, slayer cave etc...)

3) Spec bar in the top left corner, just below the text, which appears when hovering the mouse over objects with one or several options; you could actually place all information regarding stat boosting / ability enhancing potions there, so we can actually relate our "almost run out - antifire potion" to actual numbers...

else you pretty much summed up everything there...

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

Yeah, I admit I didn't really think that one through. Was mostly thinking of wanting to assist friends but not being able to because of the assist limit, but removing it would probably increase the amount of people bothering higher level players to assist them with X or Y because it 'doesn't cost them anything'...

Well, I'm not inflexible. I could see how some clan leader might want to use assisting as a recruiting tool - i.e. join the Smokin Hard 6s and get access to assists from our high-level leadership.

But if the point is just to bypass the assist limits, they can set up an NPC for that and stop dragging innocent peace-loving bystanders into it (I humbly suggest the name Dulcia Bracca for the NPC). :razz:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Have warning messages for antipoison potions.

Adjust the difficulty of puzzles when people leave (no more unclearable mime rooms).

Make talisman staffs actually do something useful.

Ability to buy anti-dragon shield from smuggler.

...yeah that's all I can think of on the top of my head.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Toggle being able to left-click all monsters, not just ones with lower levels

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I did post a suggestion on the official forums about having the special bar appear on all of your weapons (although inactive on weapons without specials). It was greeted with a lot of trolling, as much as I expected. <_<

I would also like to see the interact with options on other players familiars removed, as well more customisation options with that visible chats. (I'd like to have multiple switched on/off, such as clan and game for me)

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

The map. Im Sorry but theres just a lot of inconsistancies i dont like with the rs map. For example to start, a school is right next to barb village, nudge it to varrock for the love of guthix.

Theres plenty of other things horrendously wrong with the location of things ingame. Also theres logical errors too, take Drayner maner being a 1/4th the size of a city, I realize its that big to make it cool looking but it just looks awkward to me, no easy fix on a problem like this though.

I may or may not edit this post with a grand list of things not being where they should be, logically (such as kzharids *sorry for butchering the spelling its been years since ive dealed with them* attacking the tree gnome village from the north when their city is to the easy of the city. Not logical at all and why would Ardougne stand to have a foreign army parked outside their city?) or otherwise.

The horrendously put together patchwork world of runescape is a result of lack of planning (a mistake admitted by Jagex and fixed for any future game they develop) but they should fix what they can where they can.

Not sure if it would be a major update in every case to do this?

Almost all world-sized games have scale problems. Although the Kazard army part IS a big inconsistent. It'd be a bit of a big, confusing update if they fixed Kazard, but I think it'd be worth it imo.

Keyboard movement. (Add actual real-time movement to that too)

Less grind. (You have to click that tree for 40 hours before starting this quest. No, it won't actually help you in the quest other than the arbitrary requirement. Please bend down!)

Realistic environment scale (walking up a mountain in a couple seconds, draynor manor example posted above, etc)

Honestly, if you REALLY want this, I recommend you don't play RS.

I think it'd be nice to tie in attack styles with a weapon. Maybe just for attack styles? You want accurate with melee, fast with ranged, a magic spell with a staff. (Mainly the staff thing I'm looking at. Plus it annoys me in dunge; spear is set to crush, I switch to a fire staff to alch. The fire staff choose the "defense" option because the staff only has 3 options. I switch back to the spear and I'm on defensive now.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think it'd be nice to tie in attack styles with a weapon. Maybe just for attack styles? You want accurate with melee, fast with ranged, a magic spell with a staff. (Mainly the staff thing I'm looking at. Plus it annoys me in dunge; spear is set to crush, I switch to a fire staff to alch. The fire staff choose the "defense" option because the staff only has 3 options. I switch back to the spear and I'm on defensive now.)

Agree here, I wouldn't mind some updated attack emotes a well - most of them are really old!

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Agree here, I wouldn't mind some updated attack emotes a well - most of them are really old!

Most of them get ranted about every time they get changed....

Although this Z-buffering update is supposed to be able to lead to better, updated animations.

Personally, one of my favorite animations is stabbing people with a spear, because you actually hit them. KA-STAB!

Then again, it's kind of unrealistic to impale somebody and deal 0 damage o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Being able to left click monsters/players higher than your CB.

For sure. I've been waiting if Jagex's ever going to give us this.

Being able to left click monsters/players higher than your CB.

This, please. Make it a Dungeoneering reward if you have to, but it would be so worth it.

No Dung, just make an option in settings like Custom cursors with off or on option.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

The map. Im Sorry but theres just a lot of inconsistancies i dont like with the rs map. For example to start, a school is right next to barb village, nudge it to varrock for the love of guthix.

Theres plenty of other things horrendously wrong with the location of things ingame. Also theres logical errors too, take Drayner maner being a 1/4th the size of a city, I realize its that big to make it cool looking but it just looks awkward to me, no easy fix on a problem like this though.

I may or may not edit this post with a grand list of things not being where they should be, logically (such as kzharids *sorry for butchering the spelling its been years since ive dealed with them* attacking the tree gnome village from the north when their city is to the easy of the city. Not logical at all and why would Ardougne stand to have a foreign army parked outside their city?) or otherwise.

The horrendously put together patchwork world of runescape is a result of lack of planning (a mistake admitted by Jagex and fixed for any future game they develop) but they should fix what they can where they can.

Not sure if it would be a major update in every case to do this?

Almost all world-sized games have scale problems. Although the Kazard army part IS a big inconsistent. It'd be a bit of a big, confusing update if they fixed Kazard, but I think it'd be worth it imo.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_theory

While i agree with scale (and it really doesnt do wonders for immersion), i would hardly call this a "tweak"

Show special attack even when my weapon doesn't have that option.

I'm trying not to sound like an elitist pking [puncture], but this really is one of the few reasons PVP even has a sliver of skill involved. And should be kept in for that reason alone.

I really don't think PVP should just be completely about the random number generator, skill SHOULD be involved.

O.O

The Grand Exchange - It's a wonderful system of supply and demand driven prices with caps to prevent excessive price changes, but it's been figured out and manipulated to the point where some items are either rediculasly priced and not worth buying because it's going to fall 50% in a week, or impossible to buy an item because of false demand.

I don't know how they could fix this without creating many other issues. I have had a few ideas, but after thinking about them for a little while I already found holes in them which means the 'pros' whos main goals are to find ways to 'break' the GE to make money would obviously find ways. But something needs to be changed with the current system.

While i agree with scale (and it really doesnt do wonders for immersion), i would hardly call this a "tweak"

Show special attack even when my weapon doesn't have that option.

I'm trying not to sound like an elitist pking [puncture], but this really is one of the few reasons PVP even has a sliver of skill involved. And should be kept in for that reason alone.

I really don't think PVP should just be completely about the random number generator, skill SHOULD be involved.

Perhaps. I don't pk, so I wouldn't know much about that aspect. It just annoys me when I switch off of my CLS to EE, and I am at 80% spec or something.

pere_grin.png