Efficiency

Michael

I don't get you guys (stonewall, xpx, obt, etc), you guys are saying there is no right to owning a place, its fine to crash, it's called being competitive, etc.

BUT, why are you guys saying "oh, hey, the 120 should hop for the 138 because it's overall better for Runescape."??? The 120 has the same amount of right to be there as the 138, now obviously he's going to be outpreformed and will get pretty p/d off at the 138, can you blame him? Also, I doubt he cares what's best for the rs economy as a whole, he plays the game to have fun just like the rest of us. Why do you guys get mad at others for not hopping?

My point, who the hell cares what's best for runescape?! Do you honestly think killing blue dragons is more enjoyable than bossing? If so, why don't you guys go kill blue dragons and let the teams of 120s kill graardor. I bet you guys can kill blue dragons faster than most of us, and a team of 120s could take down graardor just as fast as a 138.

If you guys aren't being arrogant, then I don't know what is.

Crashing someone doesn't mean they have to hop, y'know? If they want to, great, but if they don't, also great! But the point is, if they crowd a full spawn server and can be crashed(aren't maxed level+equipment) then they really have no business in being there, and shouldn't be surprised when they get crashed. This is all healthy competition- there is no ownership of a training spot. If the 120 wants to bring all of his friend list there to do-crash the 138, then hell, he has the option of doing that, and i'm fairly sure the 138 would just switch servers, but if crashing saves time, why the hell should he care about what a random 120 thinks about him- He is not doing it to be an ass or tick the 120 off, rather because he wants to save time, the 120 is just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also i agree that crashing would be arrogant IF there was responsibility for it. I can't hold the numerous low levels that have crashed me in kurdals dungeon accountable, so i don't also give a **** about those that i crash. As i said, if i'm guaranteed not to be crashed, i wouldn't ever see a reason to crash. There is accountability is real life, thus why you can't make comparisons of it(like so many tried on the crashing thread).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you guys are too stubborn to admit that the ends don't always justify the means, you have to at least admit it's very selfish.

1) Don't try pulling the competitiveness card you guys like to rely on, because it doesn't exist. In Runescape there are the elites, the pre-elites, and the rest of the players don't matter. The elites are the level 137's and 138's with overloads, steel titans, turmoil, spirit shields, chaotic weapons, and everything that allows them to be perfect in every way. The pre-elites tend to be levels in the 120-130's with decent gear, maybe extremes, maybe a chaotic weapon, and overall great stats. However they aren't good enough to beat the elites, which are clogging the PVM culture. The pre-elites will almost never have any chance against the elites (unless they travel in packs), and thus there is no real 'competition'. It is simply the elites bullying their way into the scene and dominating. The only chance the pre-elites have is resorting to lower-leveled money making methods since all of the premier sources of income are taken by the elites, slowly working their way up to elite status themselves. The fact that more and more pre-elites become elites each week only worsens the problem.

2) You aren't helping the economy. No one gives a [bleep] about it at such a small scale.

Cool story. Now explain to me why the pre-elites can't become elite and compete with me. I certainly didn't have trouble doing it. Hell, I still consider myself to be pre-elite at 137 and near-maxed stats.

Let me ask you something, on your way to becoming level 137 with the elite stats+equipment+resources, did you stop and do other stuff? Or is all you do just train at armoured zomebies/ soul wars for days on end just so you can become an elite player? I'm betting on the former. And at this time in the game, the thing to do with your friends (or without) is minigames or boss hunting. Its what the majority enjoy to do. Nothing is stopping the pre-elites from becoming elites, but it's not going to happen overnight, and as a result there are always people in the pre-elite bracket.

Also, nowadays, the elites have MUCH better things at their disposal, so it's much harder for a pre-elite to fight with them (doesn't mean we're going to bend over and hop for you everytime we see you). When you were a pre-elite, it was probably AGS as the hardest hitting weapon, with no extremes, no turmoil, etc. That makes it harder for someone to crash, since piety + a weapon like BGS or whip/defender was pretty common at Bandos. I also remember teams asking for 110+ combat instead of whatever it is now. What I'm trying to get at here is times have changed and elites have gotten more powerful, while pre-elites have found it harder to catch up. And leveling up takes a long time, also there are new waves of people becoming pre-elites everyday, which to you it will seem like the pre-elites just stay pre-elites.

Getting to 137 is no different now than when I did it (which was like, what, five months ago?). I raised my combat stats through slayer. I got the money for 95 prayer by killing a few TDs (which aren't especially crowded). By 99 slayer, I had the money for 92 herblore. In fact, I've only been team boss hunting FOUR times in my entire Runescape career, and I made maybe 1M total from those four experiences. I knew not to solo Bandos because I couldn't do it efficiently (though I did try it a few times for the LOLs). I went to TDs because I could kill them reasonably fast and they weren't (and still aren't) very crowded.

I really don't see why a 120 can't put a little effort into it like I did. It wasn't even that hard. I did it the SLOW way, too (slayer).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

But the point is, if they crowd a full spawn server and can be crashed(aren't maxed level+equipment) then they really have no business in being there,

I have issues with this line...but I can't really think of a way to say it, nor feel like thinking about it since I've already made my opinions clear on this thread.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

But the point is, if they crowd a full spawn server and can be crashed(aren't maxed level+equipment) then they really have no business in being there,

I have issues with this line...but I can't really think of a way to say it, nor feel like thinking about it since I've already made my opinions clear on this thread.

What he means is that it's stupid for them to be there because they're going to be crashed, inevitably, hence it's not in their best interest to be there.

EDIT: But considering that neither you nor I know what you were trying to say, maybe my comment is unnecessary. :P

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

People seem to be tired of arguing about Crashing. So, what about Killstealing?

Incase people don't know what it means; It's basically halfkilling loot dropping monsters and getting the loot for it without actually killing the monster. I think it's extremely efficient at places like Aviansies >.>

People seem to be tired of arguing about Crashing. So, what about Killstealing?

Incase people don't know what it means; It's basically halfkilling loot dropping monsters and getting the loot for it without actually killing the monster. I think it's extremely efficient at places like Aviansies >.>

The only time I killsteal is if somebody tries to crash me. Warp turtles is one of these areas that seems to work well for me, it frustrates the other person like no other. I'm not a max level so they can usually kill faster than me, but this tactic usually gives me the upper hand to keep my spot.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Killistealing is generally not efficient unless you can guarantee that you get most of the kills... which usually isn't the the case because people overestimate the proportion of kills they steal.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Runescape is basically survival of the fittest...

Also if you're maxed with all the elite gear, it wouldn't matter if a few more lower players came, because you'll get most of the kills anyway. So in a way, they are helping you getting kills (therefore being more efficient right?).

Myself, I'm just an average player, not even pre-elite. That is due to time constraints, as I don't really have time for Runescape now. Not to mention I'm f2p, and I'm unable to get members at the moment.

Like Bladewing said, an increase of low-levels/pre-elites don't stop them from being able to become elite. Everyone has the potential to become elite, it's just whether they choose to or not.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Half killing is generally a bad idea on a slayer task because half the slayer xp goes to the person who gets the last hit so you are actually slowing down your slayer xp especially if the person you're competing with is slower than you. At the end of the day I'd rather waste 30 seconds hopping than frustrate myself and slow down my task by competing with someone else. I guess a lot of players just don't mind the confrontation

Bbk.png

Killistealing is generally not efficient unless you can guarantee that you get most of the kills... which usually isn't the the case because people overestimate the proportion of kills they steal.

'KSing' works fine at Chaos Tunnels green dragons, tbh. But that's not really KSnig, I guess.

Personally, a level 105 being inefficient doesn't make me cringe as much as a level 138 (DFS Slayer's I'm looking at you) They should know better.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Perfect example of a RuneScape efficiency nutcase losing all perspective of a game, which I believe was the phenomenon mentioned in the OP.

And so we come full circle.

Overkilled thread locked for sanity plz?

Perfect example of a RuneScape efficiency nutcase losing all perspective of a game, which I believe was the phenomenon mentioned in the OP.

And so we come full circle.

Overkilled thread locked for sanity plz?

Like we've said before, you ASSUME efficiency can't/isn't fun. For me, that is what makes the game fun.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Perfect example of a RuneScape efficiency nutcase losing all perspective of a game

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

Though, to be fair, I believe you adhere to the concept that everyone should: play for fun. The hypocrisy arises in the form that you feel the way you have fun is the way everyone else should.

hzvjpwS.gif