Red Sea parting.

Saru Inc

Satisfaction, guaranteed.

I really find the responses to this unnerving. Since if it was something wholly insignificant to disproving the Bible, but be seen as slightly disproving you best believe the bandwagon would be so full it'd crack under the pressure.

I disagree :) I think if people here were as anti-religion as you think they are, you would have had a bunch of posts about how 'well now thers no god lol'.

Are you saying you think it proves the Bible stories could be literal, and you feel people aren't acknowledging that possibility?

Exactlyyyyyyyy.

I mean I personally take the Bible literal, with the sole exception being I believe God created the Big Bang, since that correlates directly to the Genesis story. I'm quite aware Atheists aren't going to be convinced by 5 paragraphs, nor would they even be wavered. The satisfaction guaranteed refers to a self bet I made with myself on what the posts would look like.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History (or discovery maybe) had a program on a couple months ago about Moses, and they included this in it. The part about the red sea parting actually being caused by winds, which Moses would have known about since he lived in the area and stuff. And also the fire that he used, and how Moses was a [bleep] who made his guys slaughter an entire village and stuff. It was pretty good.

yes.png

maybe it was possible, but for this phenomenon to occur exactly when they needed it would've been a little beyond coincidence wouldn't it?

also, who's to say this isn't the way the red sea was parted? - as a christian i'm not discounting it, i believe it could've happened like that - but God would've caused it to happen like that.

a similar example would be the big bang, i'm not saying it's not possible, i believe it could've happened, not by science though, by God

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Hmm.. use time and knowledge in order to better the world, or to disprove the bible.. Obviously anyone who believes it was Moses still will, any anyone who didn't still won't. Put one on the board for the jackasses.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I don't particularly believe the Old Testament as such, but even if the story didn't happen, still, this is ridiculous. You'd need extremely strong winds to part two sides of a sea and I don't think the people could really walk through a gale-force winds.

If they could then... that was some well-timed winds indeed.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

This is interesting. I have one question though: why are scientists doing all of this simulation on the bible? Surely their time and effort could be put towards doing something which is more useful (although I'm not sure how much this affects those of you who are religious).

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Were these scientists publicly funded is the next question we need to ask ourselves.

Why?

This is interesting. I have one question though: why are scientists doing all of this simulation on the bible? Surely their time and effort could be put towards doing something which is more useful (although I'm not sure how much this affects those of you who are religious).

You'd be surprised a what kind of lame science projects the public is funding. Seriously. (If this is what Shiny is getting at)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Were these scientists publicly funded is the next question we need to ask ourselves.

Why?

You'd be surprised a what kind of lame science projects the public is funding. Seriously. (If this is what Shiny is getting at)

This just in! Exercise and eating right makes you healthy! Also sunlight makes you happier! And high quantities of chocolate make you fat!

I wish I was kidding. These 'discoveries' managed to be in the newspaper fairly recently.

It's okay science I still love you.

Why?

This just in! Exercise and eating right makes you healthy! Also sunlight makes you happier! And high quantities of chocolate make you fat!

I wish I was kidding. These 'discoveries' managed to be in the newspaper fairly recently.

It's okay science I still love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7J7UjsRqg

For real though, people complain because they spend time trying to vindicate a "fairy tale" (or simply trying to expand their knowledge of history), but they be doing the stupidest studies. And yes I'm aware the video is a fake.

maybe it was possible, but for this phenomenon to occur exactly when they needed it would've been a little beyond coincidence wouldn't it?

also, who's to say this isn't the way the red sea was parted? - as a christian i'm not discounting it, i believe it could've happened like that - but God would've caused it to happen like that.

a similar example would be the big bang, i'm not saying it's not possible, i believe it could've happened, not by science though, by God

From what I remember from the history channel program, Moses lived in the area, so he had intimate knowledge of when the water would be low enough for them to cross.

yes.png

From what I remember from the history channel program, Moses lived in the area, so he had intimate knowledge of when the water would be low enough for them to cross.

So then who was the idiot who wrote the waters split in half?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A guy who wanted to tell a badass story?

If you've been wandering in the desert for many years, what's a better way to imagine your ancestors? A small group who quietly crossed a river to freedom, or a group that was chased by hundreds of soldiers while said river split to allow them across?

If you've been wandering in the desert for many years, what's a better way to imagine your ancestors? A small group who quietly crossed a river to freedom, or a group that was chased by hundreds of soldiers while said river split to allow them across?

Then it wasn't true? Okay, please, I just want the Bible to be taken as a exaggerated tale of history, not literal history.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Then it wasn't true? Okay, please, I just want the Bible to be taken as a exaggerated tale of history, not literal history.

It is an exaggerated tale of history. The stories were passed from mouth to mouth, translated, rewritten, and interpreted over thousands of years. And in addition, anyone who takes it literally would have to believe some pretty crazy things, including that anyone who is human should be drawn, quartered, and dragged around town behind a horse.

Which leads to a question for Saru: How can you take the Bible literally, but be homosexual?

Which leads to a question for Saru: How can you take the Bible literally, but be homosexual?

It isn't a case of being homosexual that is the problem. The problem instead would be if he were to actually have sex with another man.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

It isn't a case of being homosexual that is the problem. The problem instead would be if he were to actually have sex with another man.

He also understands the limits of it. I think he's said that Leviticus, which is the main book openly against homosexuality, was intended to be a set of guidelines for an ancient society wandering in the desert.

Nothing personal to ALG (ilu bro yeshomo) but Pasta, you're taking an Agnostic's word on how the Bible happened, shouldn't you be taking the Christian point of view if any? (And what I mean by that is if an Atheist says something happened in the BIble, and the Christian disagrees, go with the Christian. Even if they are a "foool" they've studied that book long enough as it is.)

It is an exaggerated tale of history. The stories were passed from mouth to mouth, translated, rewritten, and interpreted over thousands of years. And in addition, anyone who takes it literally would have to believe some pretty crazy things, including that anyone who is human should be drawn, quartered, and dragged around town behind a horse.

HEY HEY HEY NO NEED FOR LABELS.

I prefer the term Hypoallergenic to the matriarchal species of this planet.

<3:

That's a very good question, one I was stumped on for many many years. (Which was also exacerbated by external forces) every remember all the manson lyrics I had in my sigs? Yea, that was a by product. I couldn't figure it out, I know God exists, but how could he create me to be Gay, and then say all Gays must go to hell?

Then I realized a few things: (please note these are all based off of my personal beliefs... and just because this has happened in the past, feel absolutely free to disagree, but please refrain from the mocking) One, being, as long as I believe Jesus died for my sins, and is the one and only Son of God, I cannot go to hell. And please don't extrapolate that (see the previous paragraphs) as too "oh so i guess you can be a serial killer?" Second, I was studying and reading and studying, and I finally went online as well and I discovered this nifty little site. It basically states that the whole part of Leviticus is made for priests. Thats why there are such rules as, no man on man sex, (or any sex period), no eating of shellfish, non kosher food, destroying houses with mold in them, and stoning rebellious youth. The priests of God were meant to be clean, and all of these things "dirtied them." Thirdly, and I say this with hesitation, I have read (though to be honest I may be wrong, as I have not studied this much at all) but in the Corinthians verse where Paul I believe it is, states flat out all Homosexuals will never inherit the kingdom of God. Well, apparently he used a term (I'm about to butcher this) called like the Arsenokoia or something, greek for essentially man boy [bleep]s. :| Who preyed on the weak, were extremely indulgent, and essentially were priveleged douchebags who made life worse for everyone. Paul called them Arsenokoia (or to be honest it might not have even been that term, but it was a long term that was reminiscent of that), being judgemental as he is, and that was translated into homosexual. I think Gaga might have influenced them in that translation.

And with the ending of that paragraph, I run the risk of eating my words when I say this: (to the bolded part of the aforementioned quote)

It hasn't been simply blindly translated playing the telephone game of the story of the Earth. The believers who wrote the Bible believed if they missed one comma, mis used one word, they would be struck into hell. Remember, the old testament god wasn't the hippie God of the New Testament. With risk of being sacrilegious, old testament God was downright bad. ass. Anyways, so they took very very careful care of God's word. Sure I have no doubt the peasants might have had their only little parts, and as it's commonly known there are also books that *should* be in the Bible but are not. But for the scribes who actually wrote the Bible, there was very few things (if any at all) that were lost in translation.

I've had sex before.

;)

Not all Christians are prim and proper.

*On a more serious note, in the eyes of many Christians, unfortunately even being gay is a deep deep sin. And if you are completely celibate and try your whole life to change, according to them, you just aren't trying hard enough.*

That's a good correlation. I think attacking saru's character is a good debate in off-topic.

I love you. Yes. homo.

He also understands the limits of it. I think he's said that Leviticus, which is the main book openly against homosexuality, was intended to be a set of guidelines for an ancient society wandering in the desert.

Gud murmery, vary gud.

Real mature.

Edit, I was browsing the webs and found this. (off topic in a sense of the central OP, but relating to my 2nd to last post)

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Homosexual-Eunuchs.html

Eh, how much do you guys think a computer simulation actually costs? :unsure: And you read that this is all part of a greater study? "The study is part of a larger research project by Mr Drews into the impacts of winds on water depths, including the extent to which Pacific Ocean typhoons can drive storm surges."

You make it sound like they got a government grant for (dis)proving Biblical miracles.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

That is right. Leviticus outlines a very specific set of laws and it is odd that Leviticus 18:22 is still given with such authority in the Christian churches as a passage against homosexuality. That being said, in the New Testament there are few places where Jesus mentions homosexuality, but whether he explicitly does is up for consideration. Usually he will speak in general about sexual impurities and it is left ambiguous as to what he encompasses in that term. Some will say you must therefore go back to Leviticus to acknowledge that homosexuality is a sexual impurity and he means to encompass it in that term, and others that it is important simply to read what Jesus actually speaks of in the New Testament. There are other places that speak of it too, but then translations from ancient greek and hebrew become important. It doesn't really matter anyway because it is quite clear in the Bible that sex should only take place in marriage, and since that is between man and woman, if sex between male and male is not considered sin through it being homosexuality, it would nevertheless be considered sin because it is out of wedlock.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.