Dungeoneering, Fast dg, and anger

Racer434

Then there'd be no one left. That clan already lacks skillers/leechers, so why cut them out?

Because leechers are USELESS. I'd rather have a low leveled pure that can actually help me kill stuff rather than someone sitting at base picking their nose.

Matter of opinion I guess. :unsure:

I'd personally rather spend 5-15 minutes getting a couple of leechers for a few floors and get more XP than looking for pures/low level cbers that most likely will die multiple times in a large dungeon.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there'd be no one left. That clan already lacks skillers/leechers, so why cut them out?

Because leechers are USELESS. I'd rather have a low leveled pure that can actually help me kill stuff rather than someone sitting at base picking their nose.

I'd personally rather spend 5-15 minutes getting a couple of leechers for a few floors and get more XP than looking for pures/low level cbers that most likely will die multiple times in a large dungeon.

I applaud you good sir. =D>

http://Loving_Brah.png

So you're saying it takes MORE times to find actual, useful dgers rather than leechers?

...gee, I think the guy who made w61 was drunk that night.

At least tell them to mine ore, loot drops and stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sonic, you could try Paypal or PaybyCash I think..

Yeah, either have dungeoneering skillers or fighters with you. Not leechers. There are good skillers out there (low combat but high skilling levels).

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

OKeyyy.. If you guys actually new what W61 was about, you'd probably not be looking like complete [developmentally delayed] idiots right now. First, yes there are leechers. Second, these "leechers" could be in one of two groups: Group A (just sits in home base and afk's) and Group B (afk's sometimes, but also helps abit).

Nowww for some statistics. For every 2 combaters there are approximatively 4-5 skillers on W61. Now out of those 5 skillers, 1-2 of them will be within Group B (see above for explanation) where as the other 3 (or 4) will be in Group A. That means that for every dungeon a team has atleast one person (90% of the time) that will actually do something (mine, smith, runecraft, fish, etc.).

Now if we take a look at you guys's so called "low level dungeoneerers" we will notice considerable differences. First, for EVERY 5 skillers, there is .6 of a "low level dungeoneerer" (so a little more than half of one.). So pretty much for every 10 there are maybe 2 of said "combaters". Another thing is these combater usually try to "help" but in the end they either die, use up the food, or rage-quit (90% of the time). So adding those two factors together, you get mid-level combaters to become a waste of time because they actually do more hurt than help.

One last issue, I do not know if you guys understand this, BUT when there is a team (this would be idle) 2 maxed combaters (126 f2p) and 3 skillers you get the ultimate scenario. Because of those 3 skillers the total combat adverage is lowered significantly. Do you know what this means? This means that all of monsters inside of the dungeon's combat levels have lowered. The boss's combat level lowers and so on. So bringing skillers along ALSO makes the dungeon go more quickly which results in more EXP/HR. IN conclusion, it just seems more logical to take skillers with you when dungeoneering on W61.

P.S. Don't give me any [cabbage] about W7.

P.P.S. Don't get me wrong, you can bring friends and stuff, but with this type of matchmaking it is unlogical to bring mid-combaters.

Ok point taken.

That still doesn't answer why level 3's have the right to leech. They should at least be contributing SOMETHING to the dungeon progress.

I mean making armor really doesn't help much, but at least it's still doing something. Heck, picking up unused food and dropping at base, coin drops, tier 5 fish/wood/ore...

All lvl 3's need a fractite hatchet and pickaxe bound, and gather stuff the whole time. There's no reason to leech, honestly.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

OKeyyy.. If you guys actually new what W61 was about, you'd probably not be looking like complete [developmentally delayed] idiots right now. First, yes there are leechers. Second, these "leechers" could be in one of two groups: Group A (just sits in home base and afk's) and Group B (afk's sometimes, but also helps abit).

Sad to see there's no mention of actual skillers who do not afk. They do exist.

Nowww for some statistics. For every 2 combaters there are approximatively 4-5 skillers on W61. Now out of those 5 skillers, 1-2 of them will be within Group B (see above for explanation) where as the other 3 (or 4) will be in Group A. That means that for every dungeon a team has atleast one person (90% of the time) that will actually do something (mine, smith, runecraft, fish, etc.).

One person? Heh. That's just pitiful in terms of active group effort. But when the payoff is an elimination of the penalty, of course the lot of you can shrug it off. Oh, and don't forget to mention the ones that multi-log, or end up botting the leecher account after they get 90+ dg. There's also the arrogance of leechers who go from f2p to p2p dging that comes from thinking they're elite. But hey, this is the gameplay style you chose, so enjoy it.

Now if we take a look at you guys's so called "low level dungeoneerers" we will notice considerable differences. First, for EVERY 5 skillers, there is .6 of a "low level dungeoneerer" (so a little more than half of one.). So pretty much for every 10 there are maybe 2 of said "combaters". Another thing is these combater usually try to "help" but in the end they either die, use up the food, or rage-quit (90% of the time). So adding those two factors together, you get mid-level combaters to become a waste of time because they actually do more hurt than help.

Then you haven't yet experienced real pures who actually know how to pk playing around in dg. They rarely, if ever, die. And they're bloody fast as well. Then again, they're a rare breed. The other two statements -- on food and ragequitting -- are true of all combat levels. Helpfulness is subjective.

One last issue, I do not know if you guys understand this, BUT when there is a team (this would be idle) 2 maxed combaters (126 f2p) and 3 skillers you get the ultimate scenario. Because of those 3 skillers the total combat adverage is lowered significantly. Do you know what this means? This means that all of monsters inside of the dungeon's combat levels have lowered. The boss's combat level lowers and so on. So bringing skillers along ALSO makes the dungeon go more quickly which results in more EXP/HR. IN conclusion, it just seems more logical to take skillers with you when dungeoneering on W61.

We understand this very well. From our viewpoint, it's simply boring to keep fighting level 30-50 monsters, the risk becomes negligible and the grind becomes noticeable. For my part I've had any number of p2p friends come along and laugh at how ridiculously easy it gets with the 2 126 and 3 leecher setup.

Your brethren from w61 have already labeled it as trash, thanks.

P.P.S. Don't get me wrong, you can bring friends and stuff, but with this type of matchmaking it is unlogical to bring mid-combaters.

Logic from the viewpoint of someone who desires the most exp they can get out of their time and nothing else. I used to play this way a long time ago - but now my way of playing is different from yours, so we'll inevitably end up in conflict. Go your way in peace, and I'll go mine.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Ok point taken.

That still doesn't answer why level 3's have the right to leech. They should at least be contributing SOMETHING to the dungeon progress.

I mean making armor really doesn't help much, but at least it's still doing something. Heck, picking up unused food and dropping at base, coin drops, tier 5 fish/wood/ore...

All lvl 3's need a fractite hatchet and pickaxe bound, and gather stuff the whole time. There's no reason to leech, honestly.

This is true, there are far to many leechers, and I am not excusing this fact. I don't know how Jagex could fix this without completely negating the ability for Skillers to get EXP in dungeons.. Soo.. :mellow:

Also another thing, just because a skiller may want to skill does not mean that the resources are actually in the dungeon. And on top of that, alot of combaters "rush" dungeons and usually they don't clear rooms with resources (rocks, fishing spots, trees, etc.) anyways.. I personally (i'm a low leveled pure) ye'll out at the beginning of the dungeon "Please clear rooms with resources." so that I can actually help.

Sad to see there's no mention of actual skillers who do not afk. They do exist.

One person? Heh. That's just pitiful in terms of active group effort. But when the payoff is an elimination of the penalty, of course the lot of you can shrug it off. Oh, and don't forget to mention the ones that multi-log, or end up botting the leecher account after they get 90+ dg. There's also the arrogance of leechers who go from f2p to p2p dging that comes from thinking they're elite. But hey, this is the gameplay style you chose, so enjoy it.

Then you haven't yet experienced real pures who actually know how to pk playing around in dg. They rarely, if ever, die. And they're bloody fast as well. Then again, they're a rare breed. The other two statements -- on food and ragequitting -- are true of all combat levels. Helpfulness is subjective.

We understand this very well. From our viewpoint, it's simply boring to keep fighting level 30-50 monsters, the risk becomes negligible and the grind becomes noticeable. For my part I've had any number of p2p friends come along and laugh at how ridiculously easy it gets with the 2 126 and 3 leecher setup.

Your brethren from w61 have already labeled it as trash, thanks.

Logic from the viewpoint of someone who desires the most exp they can get out of their time and nothing else. I used to play this way a long time ago - but now my way of playing is different from yours, so we'll inevitably end up in conflict. Go your way in peace, and I'll go mine.

Nice points. Read what I said above. Might clarify some things.

I always thought that the 2c/3s setup is completely unnecessary. In fact it is quite easy to get below 450 total combat while avoiding having 3 leechers sit at base all day

-You could have 4 combateers between CB 90-110 and 1 skiller/pure

-Or You could have 3 combateers between 111-126 and 2 pures.

Point is, even in the 126/126/3/3/3 setup, the total combat level is 261, which is well below 450. Considering many Pure F2Pers aren't even 126, this total would be even lower.

So it is possible to avoid having level 3's comprise the majority of your team while still getting all of your XP.

A lot of people prefer the ramped up difficulty that more combateers offer anyway, hence why c1 5:1 rushing is perceived as a grind by many.

I always thought that the 2c/3s setup is completely unnecessary. In fact it is quite easy to get below 450 total combat while avoiding having 3 leechers sit at base all day

-You could have 4 combateers between CB 90-110 and 1 skiller/pure

-Or You could have 3 combateers between 111-126 and 2 pures.

Point is, even in the 126/126/3/3/3 setup, the total combat level is 261, which is well below 450. Considering many Pure F2Pers aren't even 126, this total would be even lower.

So it is possible to avoid having level 3's comprise the majority of your team while still getting all of your XP.

A lot of people prefer the ramped up difficulty that more combateers offer anyway, hence why c1 5:1 rushing is perceived as a grind by many.

To be honest, it's not all about the experience. It is about the time it takes to finish a dungeon. With lower total average combat, the monsters are far less combat. So it just makes it faster to do guardian rooms and such.

Some level 3s don't even have a skill... Bah... Anyway good luck with getting Members, Sonic.

Weird thing that jagex doesn't ban leechers. Just plain weird.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Some level 3s don't even have a skill... Bah... Anyway good luck with getting Members, Sonic.

How the hell is it weird?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

How the hell is it weird?

Well they took to implementing activity bars to most minigames and although DG offers enough content for an entire skill, it still has minigame like interactivity (ie your success depends on the work of the party) so it's weird they don't penalize leechers.

hzvjpwS.gif

Sometimes you find things which aren't actually against the rules but are against the spirit of the game. Joining a dungeon and then not providing any positive contribution towards the team is hardly rule breaking, but it is frustrating and not what Dungeoneering was made for.

In such cases, banning wouldn't be fair. It's up to Jagex to create a system that no longer rewards leeching, and players to make their own perm teams so leeching cannot affect them.

Sometimes you find things which aren't actually against the rules but are against the spirit of the game. Joining a dungeon and then not providing any positive contribution towards the team is hardly rule breaking, but it is frustrating and not what Dungeoneering was made for.

In such cases, banning wouldn't be fair. It's up to Jagex to create a system that no longer rewards leeching, and players to make their own perm teams so leeching cannot affect them.

:thumbup:

Really, between high level floors and time, they should've removed the cap by now. Maybe Jagex should've done some research into making higher level monsters for higher level players on P2P to make it harder? Especially mages.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I say if you get the "leecher" title, you automatically get 0 xp (just for that person though). Sounds fair to me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Problem is, leechers are actually an example of emergent gameplay. Cos of the whole 90+ players get half exp. I don't think leechers should be banned; Jagex should fix the system so players don't find it beneficial to HAVE a leecher o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is, leechers are actually an example of emergent gameplay. Cos of the whole 90+ players get half exp. I don't think leechers should be banned; Jagex should fix the system so players don't find it beneficial to HAVE a leecher o.O

This and also, the reason leechers have a "right" to do what they do is simply because as long as there are people wanting to boost their xp, lower monster levels etc. with leeches they will exist. The reason why jagex doesn't ban leeches is exactly as stated above, the system is so screwed up to begin with, one more jacked up aspect really doesn't change anything. Didn't you guys reed Sees_All's article a few weeks ago?

On another note, I made a level 3 to dungeoneer with a friend named L2leech :thumbsup:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"