Ed Miliband is the new Labour Party leader.

Satenza

In short I think David would have been better. He has charisma and seems more human to me. He is ready to joke and be a friend to the people. Ed seems much too nervous in the spotlight and in my opinion, if David stays in politics I will always feel that Ed is just a puppet with David being the puppet master behind him. Ed does not have the charisma which will lead the party and the country.

Oh what could have been.

Foreign+Secretary+David+Miliband+Departs+Holiday+-LOEYC9AvYEl.jpg

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I wish I was at home, I have loads of funny David pictures saved :( He did a question session on TheStudentRoom not long ago (big Uni student forum) and he seemed nice. I can imagine how horrible it must be for him, but he must have known that this may have been the outcome of fighting with his brother. I'm sure he was prepared for losing, just... not really expecting it.

It'll be interesting to see if he steps out of politics. If he stays I can see it becoming very awkward and the newspapers would get to have a nice field day every time Ed & David disagreed. They'd spew more nonsense about how their brotherly love is stopping real politics blah blah blah...

And you can't blame Labour for all of the problems. Sure, they weren't perfect, but it was a GLOBAL recession and I think that Gordon Brown took strong and correct steps to rectifying things. Though I do think he could have thought of cutting down on public spending a bit more.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Fantastic news. This means that New Labour has finally ended its disgusting reign and they can go on the path that they were on in years past. Hopefully they'll turn away from their Third Way neo-liberal stances on economics, tell America to f*** off sometimes when it comes to war, and return to the party that's skeptical of curbing civil liberties in the face of terrorism. Now if only the Democrats here across the pond could do the same...