Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

In the bigger picture of things I am neither for or against abortion.

I know I could not easily abort a baby, but I think rape and serious medical problems would be a serious factor to make me consider abortion. However while I would not easily choose abortion, I would not hold it against someone who had one.

I am pregnant at the moment, and I am planning on keeping it (i am 10 weeks gone) I think the mother (and father to some extent) has every right to do what is right for them and the situation they are in.

I do believe that they should lower the maximum limit for having an abortion to before 24 weeks, there was a story in one of the papers where a woman went into labour at a few days short of 24 weeks, and the baby survived(all be it for a few hours), although its highly unlikely that the baby could survive for a while at that early stage, I think it should be brought forward.

I really do believe that every woman has the right to the last say as to what happens with her body, if she doesn't want to carry that child (Although pill/condoms/whatever should have been used) she should have the right to not carry it.

Sees..... I am pretty sure that you cant get prosecuted for murder if you kill an unborn child, unless you have different laws against that, but im pretty sure that wouldn't be classed as killing someone here.

There's also the case of when Pills + Condoms have been used, but fails, which may lead to an exception if a ban is in place. It's hard for the government to really decide, it's a touchy subject and it really differs on society. There are places with a 70% pro-choice, and other places that are less than 20% pro-choice. I think the woman's right to privacy, and rights of her own body should technically override the right to life of a unborn fetus. It is, still, unborn and unaware of its surroundings, unable to feel pain for at least the first 10 weeks.

Hmm.. There are people so pro-life that they think a woman should suffer the mental anguish of carrying a rapist's baby, which is illogical to me.

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
I was on the pill, and took the morning after pill and i am still pregnant, so i am not a walking advert for contraception working 100% lol.

I would find it hard to bond with a baby or accept it if it came through rape. I know there are some people out there who would be able to love the child no matter what but to me every time i saw the child i would just see what happened :-/

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Hmm.. There are people so pro-life that they think a woman should suffer the mental anguish of carrying a rapist's baby, which is illogical to me.

There's nothing illogical about it. It may seem extreme, but not illogical.

Look at it this way: IF you see an unborn baby as a human life, and you want to protect it at all costs, why should the means of its conception matter?

In fact, I'd say it's more illogical to call yourself pro-life but then make an exception for cases such as rape. A life is a life.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

Look at it this way: IF you see an unborn baby as a human life, and you want to protect it at all costs, why should the means of its conception matter?

In fact, I'd say it's more illogical to call yourself pro-life but then make an exception for cases such as rape. A life is a life.

Well, do pro-life people kill any bugs/insects/viral invaders/plants? Even using anti-biotics is killing. And to say that bacteria isn't a life is just size-ism.

Oh - And there are other rights a person has. It's just the deciding factor of which rights triumphs which.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Well, do pro-life people kill any bugs/insects/viral invaders/plants? Even using anti-biotics is killing. And to say that bacteria isn't a life is just size-ism.

Oh - And there are other rights a person has. It's just the deciding factor of which rights triumphs which.

There's a huge difference between killing bacteria and insects and killing humans.

fakeitormakeit2
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:Not in one.

Pro-life people aren't Jainists. Why do you breathe, you kill bacteria and insects.

And bacteria and plants are not even conscious as far as we can tell. An animal at least like a dog is conscious, but it still lacks the existential consciousness of a human being.
Posted Image

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

KittyKat
[ Display Name History ]

KittyKat

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I don't see the problem of killing something that isn't sentient? Hell, I don't see a problem of killing things that are sentient as long as they're livestock or game.
I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Pro-life people aren't Jainists. Why do you breathe, you kill bacteria and insects.

And bacteria and plants are not even conscious as far as we can tell. An animal at least like a dog is conscious, but it still lacks the existential consciousness of a human being.

You're missing the basic point. Because we're pro-life, we're not allowed to eat, breathe, or drink because it harms other organisms. Anyone who's not pro-life isn't held to the same standard, because they're not pro-life. Sheesh, wish you all would understand that. :rolleyes:

Also on the subject of protecting "potential" life - many coastal states have ordinances against disturbing sea-turtle nests. Some places fine as much as $1000 for potentially disrupting nesting grounds (like, fines for lights on after dark because it might disturb the turtles). Remember, baby turtles are more valuable than baby humans.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

You're missing the basic point. Because we're pro-life, we're not allowed to eat, breathe, or drink because it harms other organisms. Anyone who's not pro-life isn't held to the same standard, because they're not pro-life. Sheesh, wish you all would understand that. :rolleyes:

Also on the subject of protecting "potential" life - many coastal states have ordinances against disturbing sea-turtle nests. Some places fine as much as $1000 for potentially disrupting nesting grounds (like, fines for lights on after dark because it might disturb the turtles). Remember, baby turtles are more valuable than baby humans.

This. It's hypocrisy like this that makes me laugh.

Plus the Greenpeace types - oh my God a whale is being hunted? Even if you're pro-choice it's hardly a lot to kill a whale compared to the millions that die in third world countries...

polvCwJ.gif

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

This. It's hypocrisy like this that makes me laugh.

Plus the Greenpeace types - oh my God a whale is being hunted? Even if you're pro-choice it's hardly a lot to kill a whale compared to the millions that die in third world countries...

Don't get me started. "It may be nothing more than sizeism that pressure groups are formed for saving the whale but never the ear-mite. Dr. Lister, director general of the Wildlife Trust has complained that ' we get lots of sponsorship for otters and red squirrels, but none for the narrow-headed ant' "

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
If you're so against size-ism, it's interesting that you're so critical of the pro-life, seeing as the pro-choice hold size-ist views as well.

Baby inside womb? Not a human.

Baby outside womb? Now it's human.

But nothing's really changed.....

polvCwJ.gif

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Abortion is spawn killing. Tbh its a legitmiate strategy.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Abortion is spawn killing. Tbh its a legitmiate strategy.

I laughed :D

polvCwJ.gif

Ubi
[ Display Name History ]

Ubi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
Think about it like this, I am going to be using America. In America we have a right to be free. We are a Democratic Republic. We have the right to choose what we want to do (to an extent). By taking away that right it is unconstitutional. They would need to add an amendment and not just a law. It would take a very long time and, in reality, be shot down.

Come to the Haven.
http://ArtisticHaven.net
All are welcome. Come to a safe environment for all artists.

Da_Latios
[ Display Name History ]

Da_Latios

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,492 posts
  • RSN:Hiroki

I don't see the problem of killing something that isn't sentient? Hell, I don't see a problem of killing things that are sentient as long as they're livestock or game.

This. An unborn child under 23 weeks has next to no thought process. If it can't think, it's not alive. So what's wrong with killing something that's not alive? That being said, I'd still regard it as murder if someone else were to abort another person's child without the mother's expressed permission (that is if the mother is capable of consenting).

Think about it like this, I am going to be using America. In America we have a right to be free. We are a Democratic Republic. We have the right to choose what we want to do (to an extent). By taking away that right it is unconstitutional. They would need to add an amendment and not just a law. It would take a very long time and, in reality, be shot down.

Aww, he actually thinks citizens hold power over political law-making. That's cute.
Posted Image
IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat
Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts
Anti abortionists cant say where the line is between life and no life.
If you think everything is potential life then get out and start [bleep]ing because you are potential life.
Posted Image

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RSN:D Jay99
Always pro choice, easy to create new baby (who, surprise, might even grow up under better circumstances than the previous unwanted/accidental/whatever baby).
Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
Pro choice, I believe the woman should be able to choose what happens in her life over the unborn child.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

This. An unborn child under 23 weeks has next to no thought process. If it can't think, it's not alive. So what's wrong with killing something that's not alive? That being said, I'd still regard it as murder if someone else were to abort another person's child without the mother's expressed permission (that is if the mother is capable of consenting).

Biologically, it's alive. Science is 100% clear on that fact.

What defines thought, anyway? A newly born child has next to no thought process. Most animals have next to no thought process. People with mental disabilities have limited thought processes.

polvCwJ.gif

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

So what's wrong with killing something that's not alive?

How do you kill something that isn't alive :twss:

I hope you hear how ridiculous you sound.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users