The botting still persists

Hegelstad

What? I know why he made the topic. I am saying these are made right and left

They are made right and left because there is an obvious problem.

If there was no problem, the threads werent be made.

That does not prove they are bots. All that is proving is that they are not moving. What if a player is rcing, click on the portal and then goes afk?

Yea, real players totally stop moving, yep, all 16 of them decide to do take a break at the same time and then say there for 10 minutes.

I've done it before, no need for such a tone.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Emerson

I didn't level the botting accusation - you did. Have proof? Of course not! The burden of proof is on those doing the reporting - not me proving that I am playing legit. If you are gonna level the accusation, you better be sure. There are too many wannabe P-Mods in RS. Just making shotgun reports to Jagex bogs the system down, and their resources are wasted. Reporting someone for the sake of reporting WITHOUT doing "due diligence" should be considered Abuse as well.

And once again, my underlying point is completely missed - I'll state it AGAIN:

THERE ARE MULTIPLE THREADS stating the same thing! here's the excerpt from the Forum Rules, which too few people read:

1.2 - Irritating Posting Styles/Spamming

In order to maintain an environment that promotes ease in the exchange of information, spamming is prohibited.

Spamming includes posting entire messages using excessive formatting (all caps), posting the same message repeatedly, cross posting the same message in multiple forums, making pointless threads or replies (such as "+1" posts), begging (for yourself or another player), posting referral links* in posts or signatures, excessive use of "smilies"/characters/spaces/blank lines/nested quotes, and so on.

Additionally, do not pointlessly bump old threads unless you're contributing to the topic. You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum.

*Whether or not a link is a referral link is left up to a moderator's discretion.

We ALL know Bots are bad. But instead of there being 1 main "Bots are Bad Thread" where everyone adds their rant, people are allowed to create NEW ones - Pointless Threads are my rant!

I get it, and whole-heartedly agree - BOTS ARE BAD!

Now...can this be closed already?

I find the "Bot Hunters" to be much more annoying than bots. I've resorted to turning off all chat (except Friends) while playing RS to ignore you morons. Just because I don't answer every friggin' 15 seconds to "[insert skill] level?" doesn't mean I am a bot...i refuse to respond to stupidity.

Spam opening/closing the doors catches legit players just as much as bots - the diff is it makes me angry at the players not the bots - at least they don't spout stupidity while they do what they do.

@ the player who LOL'd at the "ty" response - how the hell do you know they weren't making a convo meant to be a private chat, but instead said it in open chat by accident? It's pretty vapid of you to think that everyone at the fishing guild is hanging on every word you say! I've gone and made comments in open chat before that were part of a private chat by mistake, and it would appear to be a random comment since the beginning wasn't out for the world to see. Who knows - I was probably reported by one of the legion of P-Mod wannabes.

Again - HOW DO YOU KNOW? It's your opinion, but you can't back it with any concrete proof, can you?. Jagex sometimes has a hard time distinguishing bots from real players because a lot of us go silent while playing - have you heard some of the discussion points at the Fishing Guild? You would play in solitude too after some of the topics I have heard there and in other 'common' training spots. I decided to turn chat off to keep my IQ from being lowered.

You do realize that false reporting is abuse of the system, and prevents Jagex from investigating actual bot reports, right? It's too bad Jagex doesn't make false reporting as serious of a crime as offensive language - wouldn't that be a hoot!

As I stated in another one of "These Topics", either adapt or wallow in self pity. Instead of complaining about it CONSTANTLY, try to come up with alternate ways of dealing with the issue instead of increasing the number of threads.

I think the Tip.it Forum Mods should place a moratorium on these topics - beating a dead horse won't make it get up on its feet.

$5 says this guy bots.

$5 says everyone bots. Im just using the same logic as you, 'kay?

I dont hate bots as much as I hate bot hunters, in all seriousness. its like a religion with them.'if you arent one of us, your a botter,' should be their catchphrase, as evidented by your post. A 'herpderp im secret police respect mah authority' odor emits from them, which I hate. It's as if they believe they make a difference..

Why the hell cant we ask for Mods assistance? In maplestory you could ask for assistance, if enough ppl on the minimap did, they came and banned ppls

I'd like to think of Maplestory as the worst possible example you can use, because from playing it a fair bit years ago, no one I've seen has gotten perm banned, or "reported".

Games without cheating do not exist.

I think Jagex is starting to look into this issue as they reported a while ago that there were bots abusing the Soul Wars mini-game. Currently they are commonly found at Aubrey's in Varrock, at the Red Chinchompa hunting spots, at the Green Dragons in Wilderness and the Chaos Tunnels, and perhaps at Living Rock Caverns.

I just hope the ban hammer comes along and gets rid of many of them. However, banning accounts shouldn't be the only thing. They should ban IP Addresses so that they won't just go and make another account only to macro later on.

What about dynamic IPs? You'd have to block the whole ISP.

I find the "Bot Hunters" to be much more annoying than bots.

Agreed. There is no RS rule that states that you must respond to other people's chat. Jagex has their automatical bot detection system, so there's really no need to even have the macroing report option.

I find the "Bot Hunters" to be much more annoying than bots. I've resorted to turning off all chat (except Friends) while playing RS to ignore you morons. Just because I don't answer every friggin' 15 seconds to "[insert skill] level?" doesn't mean I am a bot...i refuse to respond to stupidity.

Spam opening/closing the doors catches legit players just as much as bots - the diff is it makes me angry at the players not the bots - at least they don't spout stupidity while they do what they do.

@ the player who LOL'd at the "ty" response - how the hell do you know they weren't making a convo meant to be a private chat, but instead said it in open chat by accident? It's pretty vapid of you to think that everyone at the fishing guild is hanging on every word you say! I've gone and made comments in open chat before that were part of a private chat by mistake, and it would appear to be a random comment since the beginning wasn't out for the world to see. Who knows - I was probably reported by one of the legion of P-Mod wannabes.

Again - HOW DO YOU KNOW? It's your opinion, but you can't back it with any concrete proof, can you?. Jagex sometimes has a hard time distinguishing bots from real players because a lot of us go silent while playing - have you heard some of the discussion points at the Fishing Guild? You would play in solitude too after some of the topics I have heard there and in other 'common' training spots. I decided to turn chat off to keep my IQ from being lowered.

You do realize that false reporting is abuse of the system, and prevents Jagex from investigating actual bot reports, right? It's too bad Jagex doesn't make false reporting as serious of a crime as offensive language - wouldn't that be a hoot!

As I stated in another one of "These Topics", either adapt or wallow in self pity. Instead of complaining about it CONSTANTLY, try to come up with alternate ways of dealing with the issue instead of increasing the number of threads.

I think the Tip.it Forum Mods should place a moratorium on these topics - beating a dead horse won't make it get up on its feet.

$5 says this guy bots.

Nice logical fallacy.

If I did, I'd probably have attained level 99 in multiple skills. Since I don't, I only have 1 99 - in Cooking. I'll send you my Paypal Account info on where to deposit the $5.

LOLOL

To quote you, HOW DO WE KNOW? how the hell are we to discern if you didnt just bot to get 99 cooking? you can't back it up with any concrete proof can you?

As for people who bot hunt, door closers and the like aren't bot hunting, they're being general d-bags so thats irrelevant. to use my example before, if I dropped two vials on something people were right-clicking to activate anyways it wouldn't make much of a difference to human players as they would know to move their mouse up the extra inch or so while bots aren't programed to do that. Its rather benign and very effiective.

As for why we beat a dead horse? Hmm I'll use an analogy... on the prime time news they always talk about the recent thefts and other crimes that have occurred. Its old news, they've done it for 50-60+ years now a "dead horse" yet they still do it why? because it pisses people the hell off! He's ranting in a rants forum and you denounce him for it! Its not like we force you to read these topics! If you're sick of them, why are you wasting your time clicking on the link and reading the whole thread? Are you just mentally masochistic and enjoy angering yourself?

Simply because you can't restrain yourself from inserting your self-righteous two cents on a topic that you don't even wish to view in the first place is no reason for mods to come in and limit the content of a forum specifically designed for what you intend to block. Exercise some self-control in your reading selections please

who are you :huh:

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I've done it before, no need for such a tone.

You don't take a break for 10 minutes because it automatically logs you out into lobby.

Unless you purposely DO NOTHING, while also making sure you dont log out... :rolleyes:

Uhhhh yeah? LOL. I do it all the time. I get done with a task so I just chill at the rune altar, furnace, etc. OR when I'm getting the mining strange rock is when I do Rc mining (besides that I never go to that useless place.) and sometimes I just sit, not really wanting to mine more. I may be watching hulu, or chatting with friends. But I turn the arrow key every once in a while because I don't want to log out incase someone pms me. I actually do it quite frequently. Now, if I do that and someone closes the rc door I run right out the shop because I'm not about to be reported. But sometimes I go to the bathroom, and idk if people report me while I'm gone. And the above poster makes a very valid point, you must prove the accused are botting, not the accused. I'll admit it myself, have I ever reported people for botting? Yes. In fact, one chin person logged right into the middle of my spot and started laying them down right where I was. I was furious, so I did report them. Did I have proof? Nope. So I'm not saying you should never rage report, but you guys really need to get it under control.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I don't really know what to think about this issue. Back in '06/07 bots were all over the place and Jagex didn't really undertook action until the banks started threatened to completely cut off these financial services because of the credit cards etc. So if Jagex had not been threatened and cashflow would be normal why would they risk to lose tons of paying members? My guess is that if the moneyflow into Jagex HQ isn't disturbed, they won't care much for our 'little' problems. Hope they prove me wrong.

Uhhhh yeah? LOL. I do it all the time. I get done with a task so I just chill at the rune altar, furnace, etc. OR when I'm getting the mining strange rock is when I do Rc mining (besides that I never go to that useless place.) and sometimes I just sit, not really wanting to mine more. I may be watching hulu, or chatting with friends. But I turn the arrow key every once in a while because I don't want to log out incase someone pms me. I actually do it quite frequently. Now, if I do that and someone closes the rc door I run right out the shop because I'm not about to be reported. But sometimes I go to the bathroom, and idk if people report me while I'm gone. And the above poster makes a very valid point, you must prove the accused are botting, not the accused. I'll admit it myself, have I ever reported people for botting? Yes. In fact, one chin person logged right into the middle of my spot and started laying them down right where I was. I was furious, so I did report them. Did I have proof?

To be honest, if your exhibiting some very bot like behaviour like that, you should probably see it coming if you get falsely reported.

Nope. So I'm not saying you should never rage report, but you guys really need to get it under control.

Did i ever say i rage reported?

The only easily provable bots i meet on a daily basis are the GE merchspammers, and they really don't effect me in any way so i don't care.

O.O

Uhhhh yeah? LOL. I do it all the time. I get done with a task so I just chill at the rune altar, furnace, etc. OR when I'm getting the mining strange rock is when I do Rc mining (besides that I never go to that useless place.) and sometimes I just sit, not really wanting to mine more. I may be watching hulu, or chatting with friends. But I turn the arrow key every once in a while because I don't want to log out incase someone pms me. I actually do it quite frequently. Now, if I do that and someone closes the rc door I run right out the shop because I'm not about to be reported. But sometimes I go to the bathroom, and idk if people report me while I'm gone. And the above poster makes a very valid point, you must prove the accused are botting, not the accused. I'll admit it myself, have I ever reported people for botting? Yes. In fact, one chin person logged right into the middle of my spot and started laying them down right where I was. I was furious, so I did report them. Did I have proof?

To be honest, if your exhibiting some very bot like behaviour like that, you should probably see it coming if you get falsely reported.

Nope. So I'm not saying you should never rage report, but you guys really need to get it under control.

Did i ever say i rage reported?

The only easily provable bots i meet on a daily basis are the GE merchspammers, and they really don't effect me in any way so i don't care.

Nope, but people rage report all the time. I had one friend (no longer) who when he would die would go to every macro spot, and report everyone there, talking or not. I have no doubt in his months of doing that a few innocents were perm banned.

And that is the point I am trying to make, since when is going afk at a resource area bot like behavior? I mean [cabbage].

Nope, but people rage report all the time. I had one friend (no longer) who when he would die would go to every macro spot, and report everyone there, talking or not. I have no doubt in his months of doing that a few innocents were perm banned.

Yea... His problem, not mine.

And that is the point I am trying to make, since when is going afk at a resource area bot like behavior? I mean [cabbage].

Going to a popular, bot notorious resource area. And then being AFK while purposely making sure you don't logout is very botlike behaviour.

Generally speaking, people don't just cease looking at the screen for 10 minutes while still being logged in. Bots do, (when they screw up).

O.O

or you can drop nature runes

Best method of entertainment in Runescape. Ever. Unfortunately a little more entertaining than certain pieces of content.

I know a lot of people blame Jagex for not doing anything about bots. This isn't true, they do quite a lot to reduce botting.

However, I would ask the question: Why is Jagex creating a game that is so repetitive it makes players want to bot, and, due to repetition, is easy to create bots?

If you have to blame them for anything, blame Jagex for that. Any sort of game with a grind is going to get bots playing, simply because grinding isn't fun. And with 312m exp to grind, rather than spending hours not having fun playing a game, one would seem to want to have fun from the start, per se. Who can blame them?

NEVER SAID IT WAS YOURS. Read what I said. YOU GUYS. Meaning this thread in general, but not each poster specifically. If it doesn't apply to you, move on. I was trying to hint at it, but damn... Jus can't let go...

Going to a popular, bot notorious resource area. And then being AFK while purposely making sure you don't logout is very botlike behaviour.

Generally speaking, people don't just cease looking at the screen for 10 minutes while still being logged in. Bots do, (when they screw up).

I'm not saying always a bot notorious resource area. Word. I rc mine like once every 2 to 3 months. And if all furnaces and RC altars (notice I never specified) are notorious bot resource areas, well... I guess no one can go afk.

NEVER SAID IT WAS YOURS. Read what I said. YOU GUYS. Meaning this thread in general, but not each poster specifically. If it doesn't apply to you, move on. I was trying to hint at it, but damn... Jus can't let go...

Seeing as i wasen't really trying to provoke any further argument as should have been evidenced by the post. I was, as you would say "letting it go".

If anything your the one raging here.

I'm not saying always a bot notorious resource area. Word. I rc mine like once every 2 to 3 months. And if all furnaces and RC altars (notice I never specified) are notorious bot resource areas, well... I guess no one can go afk.

Well, you shouldn't go AFK while purposely keeping yourself logged in for over 10 minutes while simunltanously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk.

No matter how you spin it, going AFK is very botlike behaviour that normal players shouldnt and wouldnt replicate. And its the only easy way of seeing if someone is a bot outside of following them for 5 minutes.

O.O

Seeing as i wasen't really trying to provoke any further argument as should have been evidenced by the post. I was, as you would say "letting it go".

If anything your the one raging here.

Well, you shouldn't go AFK while purposely keeping yourself logged in for over 10 minutes while simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk.

Better yet, just go to the lobby like any other sane player.

No matter how you spin it, going AFK is very botlike behaviour that normal players shouldnt and wouldnt replicate. And its the only easy way of seeing if someone is a bot outside of following them for 5 minutes.

O.O

I'm not raging, just typing in all caps incase you had a hard time reading.

When you say "simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk" nakes it sound like I want to appear guilty? I am looking at the screen in a sense, I have rs on one side, hulu on the other. I pay attention to friend chats, but usually I don't pay attention to public chat unless I see lots of exclamation.

There needs to be more bots. Bots to screw these ess miners and green dragon botters up.

How ironic, using bots to eliminate bots... :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There needs to be more bots. Bots to screw these ess miners and green dragon botters up.

How ironic, using bots to eliminate bots... :rolleyes:

There already are bots that report people for botting, albeit random people. All we need to do is give them more AI than bot hunters; shouldn't take too long to code.

But in all seriousness, it's a good idea. In IRC channels you have bots to feed you data and to kick/ban users that avoid censors or spam.

Actually, I would guess Jagex's attempt at bots like these were random events. This might not be a good idea after all. If implemented correctly, however...

Ive responded to all your posts as normal, im pretty sure your just raging.

When you say "simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk" nakes it sound like I want to appear guilty? I am looking at the screen in a sense, I have rs on one side, hulu on the other. I pay attention to friend chats, but usually I don't pay attention to public chat unless I see lots of exclamation.

So you should be able to respond to people, because you actually are looking at the screen.

Theres no reason you should be logged into the game if you are going "afk", while at the same time you want to keep yourself logged in and not respond to the world around you. Theres the lobby if you want to go afk, and if you don't want to use it, its your problem when someone falsely reports you for bot-like behaviour.

O.O

If I did, I'd probably have attained level 99 in multiple skills. Since I don't, I only have 1 99 - in Cooking. I'll send you my Paypal Account info on where to deposit the $5.

LOLOL

To quote you, HOW DO WE KNOW? how the hell are we to discern if you didnt just bot to get 99 cooking? you can't back it up with any concrete proof can you?

As for people who bot hunt, door closers and the like aren't bot hunting, they're being general d-bags so thats irrelevant. to use my example before, if I dropped two vials on something people were right-clicking to activate anyways it wouldn't make much of a difference to human players as they would know to move their mouse up the extra inch or so while bots aren't programed to do that. Its rather benign and very effiective.

As for why we beat a dead horse? Hmm I'll use an analogy... on the prime time news they always talk about the recent thefts and other crimes that have occurred. Its old news, they've done it for 50-60+ years now a "dead horse" yet they still do it why? because it pisses people the hell off! He's ranting in a rants forum and you denounce him for it! Its not like we force you to read these topics! If you're sick of them, why are you wasting your time clicking on the link and reading the whole thread? Are you just mentally masochistic and enjoy angering yourself?

Simply because you can't restrain yourself from inserting your self-righteous two cents on a topic that you don't even wish to view in the first place is no reason for mods to come in and limit the content of a forum specifically designed for what you intend to block. Exercise some self-control in your reading selections please

who are you :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0dNWkNQMw

Ignore the subtitles :thumbsup:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

Ive responded to all your posts as normal, im pretty sure your just raging.

I see what you've done here. Senor Innocenté.

So you should be able to respond to people, because you actually are looking at the screen.

Theres no reason you should be logged into the game if you are going "afk", while at the same time you want to keep yourself logged in and not respond to the world around you. Theres the lobby if you want to go afk, and if you don't want to use it, its your problem when someone falsely reports you for bot-like behaviour.

Wha? Again, read what I am writing. If am glancing at the screen, I'm going to see a friend chat come in. However if all I see is yellow text I'm not gonnna notice my name.

And lastly: Why are you telling me how I should play the game? Mr. Jan '09 join date.

Wha? Again, read what I am writing. If am glancing at the screen, I'm going to see a friend chat come in. However if all I see is yellow text I'm not gonnna notice my name.

Really cause i would notice mine.

Plus, theres no reason you shouldnt be in lobby if your just "glancing at the screen" every now and then. If you wan't to talk to your friends, you can do it in the lobby. They probably added that function especially for people like you.

And lastly: Why are you telling me how I should play the game?

Because i don't want you to be falsely reported for botlike behaviour despite the fact that its easily preventable?

Mr. Jan '09 join date.

You best be trollin boy...

O.O

1) While you do have a valid point about the lobby, I can't stand re entering my pin. Since I may think I'm off for the day, so I go to lobby. And realize I want to plany and so bam, enter in pin again.

2) And that's the thing, I find it ridiculous the bots aren't dictating us at all, the bot hunters are. We all have to bend to their rules, they blame it on the bots, but it's really them.

3) I was. :D

1) While you do have a valid point about the lobby, I can't stand re entering my pin. Since I may think I'm off for the day, so I go to lobby. And realize I want to plany and so bam, enter in pin again.

Really? Ive never had a pin for ages so i wouldn't know.

2) And that's the thing, I find it ridiculous the bots aren't dictating us at all, the bot hunters are. We all have to bend to their rules, they blame it on the bots, but it's really them.

They aren't dictating us, but at the same time, they ARE a problem. And you can't blame people for reporting bots.

O.O