The botting still persists

Hegelstad

1) While you do have a valid point about the lobby, I can't stand re entering my pin. Since I may think I'm off for the day, so I go to lobby. And realize I want to plany and so bam, enter in pin again.

Really? Ive never had a pin for ages so i wouldn't know.

2) And that's the thing, I find it ridiculous the bots aren't dictating us at all, the bot hunters are. We all have to bend to their rules, they blame it on the bots, but it's really them.

They aren't dictating us, but at the same time, they ARE a problem. And you can't blame people for reporting bots.

theres only a few bot hunters, we're not saying go out and try to find every bot and report them, we're saying they are a bad thing and they hurt the economy for players in a wide range,would you rather be making crap money or good money by cutting yew, magic, mining, any producing skill for that matter

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

I find the "Bot Hunters" to be much more annoying than bots. I've resorted to turning off all chat (except Friends) while playing RS to ignore you morons. Just because I don't answer every friggin' 15 seconds to "[insert skill] level?" doesn't mean I am a bot...i refuse to respond to stupidity.

Spam opening/closing the doors catches legit players just as much as bots - the diff is it makes me angry at the players not the bots - at least they don't spout stupidity while they do what they do.

@ the player who LOL'd at the "ty" response - how the hell do you know they weren't making a convo meant to be a private chat, but instead said it in open chat by accident? It's pretty vapid of you to think that everyone at the fishing guild is hanging on every word you say! I've gone and made comments in open chat before that were part of a private chat by mistake, and it would appear to be a random comment since the beginning wasn't out for the world to see. Who knows - I was probably reported by one of the legion of P-Mod wannabes.

Again - HOW DO YOU KNOW? It's your opinion, but you can't back it with any concrete proof, can you?. Jagex sometimes has a hard time distinguishing bots from real players because a lot of us go silent while playing - have you heard some of the discussion points at the Fishing Guild? You would play in solitude too after some of the topics I have heard there and in other 'common' training spots. I decided to turn chat off to keep my IQ from being lowered.

You do realize that false reporting is abuse of the system, and prevents Jagex from investigating actual bot reports, right? It's too bad Jagex doesn't make false reporting as serious of a crime as offensive language - wouldn't that be a hoot!

As I stated in another one of "These Topics", either adapt or wallow in self pity. Instead of complaining about it CONSTANTLY, try to come up with alternate ways of dealing with the issue instead of increasing the number of threads.

I think the Tip.it Forum Mods should place a moratorium on these topics - beating a dead horse won't make it get up on its feet.

I find the "Bot Hunters" to be much more annoying than bots. I've resorted to turning off all chat (except Friends) while playing RS to ignore you morons. Just because I don't answer every friggin' 15 seconds to "[insert skill] level?" doesn't mean I am a bot...i refuse to respond to stupidity.

i refuse to respond to stupidity.

[/hide]

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

These topics should just be condensed into one topic: OMG BOTZZZZ DIE

And all the [developmentally delayed] bot hunter will go in there and say OMGZZZZ LOOK AT MAI L33T BOT KILZ

Seriously, these topics are a waste of time. If you want to rant about bots, use an existing topic.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Wow, i did not realise that this topic would gain as much as 3 pages! Far beyond my imagination =)

I have read some of the posts. This is as mentioned a trick of putting a unfamiliar object (for the bots) under Aubury and stuck him over the thing, in this case a Marker Plant (e). it has to point east for some reason or another.

To the people that want proof of if this is fake or not, why would i gather 30 people to stand still while i take a damn picture? The picture is good enough proof, and you can try it out yourself. All of these were botters as well, I was doing this for 30 minutes, and those who weren't bots would have logged out. As well, when i remove the plant, everyone is mass teleporting, and it's damn funny to watch =P

These topics should just be condensed into one topic: OMG BOTZZZZ DIE

And all the [developmentally delayed] bot hunter will go in there and say OMGZZZZ LOOK AT MAI L33T BOT KILZ

Seriously, these topics are a waste of time. If you want to rant about bots, use an existing topic.

Well, how come this topic has 3 pages of answers? I did not think it would fit into another thread, because of the picture, and that i like structure =)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

i refuse to respond to stupidity.

Well, you just did ;-)

And to be honest, i didn't ask one of them, and i don't ask people for skills either. I ask for a nice chat or keep quiet. If i see bot like behaviour, i report them (the false reporting you are talking about is if you report someone because you are mad of them, not trying to help jagex, you miss the point). This picture and my experience is concrete proof, just go try it yourself, i put up instructions in the last post of mine.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Why the hell cant we ask for Mods assistance? In maplestory you could ask for assistance, if enough ppl on the minimap did, they came and banned ppls

I'd like to think of Maplestory as the worst possible example you can use, because from playing it a fair bit years ago, no one I've seen has gotten perm banned, or "reported".

Well, i played it just after it got out, the had heavy problems with people hacking the game. They modified game to server messages so they could go god mode and choose were to spawn monsters to powerlevel. This was highly frown upon, these days i dont believe botting is banable as you mention, at least not if you have ever purchased Nexon Cash.

Last but not least. To all of you that think that this festivity of people standing still four a long time in heaps of amounts. Please go try it yourself, once you see everyone teleport at the exact same moment you will surely understand everyone standing still was botting for sure.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

On world 160, the quickchat world, 100% of the people were botting.

Reallly?

Well. I really screwed myself up there, please don't falsely report me =(

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Agreed. There is no RS rule that states that you must respond to other people's chat. Jagex has their automatical bot detection system, so there's really no need to even have the macroing report option.

Well, it's quite obvious that it doesn't work well. Take my picture as an example, and go see many other places for youself.

fiveduple posting FTW, mods feel free to merge my posts. I don't really get it to work =/

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

wtf 5 comments in a row

This is why most people still bot, there is absolutely no evidence that they do bot.

Firebug 4 Lyfe: 80/99

This is why most people still bot, there is absolutely no evidence that they do bot.

For us, maybe. For JaGex, lol. I bet JaGex has names of thousands of botters that hasn't gotten banned, but membership from a botter or legitimate player, is still the same profit (unless using stolen credit cards)

In fact a J Mod came along and banned them on the spot on one occasion. High level accounts too! :mrgreen:

I wonder what it would be like if Jagex did public bannings...

You know, like the public hangings they used to have hundreds of years ago? To set criminals as an example to the populace? Take a 100% certain high level botting account, send it to a high-density player place, like the GE during peak times, and ban the crap out of that guy.

And er, sorry for the old quote.

In fact a J Mod came along and banned them on the spot on one occasion. High level accounts too! :mrgreen:

I wonder what it would be like if Jagex did public bannings...

You know, like the public hangings they used to have hundreds of years ago? To set criminals as an example to the populace? Take a 100% certain high level botting account, send it to a high-density player place, like the GE during peak times, and ban the crap out of that guy.

And er, sorry for the old quote.

so many things could happen

openly ban people, could work, but the banned people would have to do something, like blow up

openly ban people, could work, but the banned people would have to do something, like blow up

That'd be [bleep]ing hilarious... I know what I'd go see at least once a day :thumbsup:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

So... Where can I get these bots? :-]

Google ;-)

OT: Lol, i like the idea of blowing up the botters, and then all their banked stuff could fly out like baloons from the party room ^^,

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

I wonder how the game and botting policy would work if it was COMPLETELY F2P... then there would be no excuse not to ban those bots.

In exchange Jagex could use ad revenue to make up for the membership losses. Or, globally open the Jagex store.

Yeah Jagex make yourself famous to the whole world. Then we'll have some REAL $$$ =P~

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I wonder how the game and botting policy would work if it was COMPLETELY F2P... then there would be no excuse not to ban those bots.

In exchange Jagex could use ad revenue to make up for the membership losses. Or, globally open the Jagex store.

Yeah Jagex make yourself famous to the whole world. Then we'll have some REAL $$$ =P~

eh, ads while playing the game world suck big time, and it probably wouldnt be just that one ad at the top in f2p

I like bots, they make the game feel more alive. They are like little NPCs running around collecting stuff. They are like another low level monster to me, like a goblin.

lolwut?

how are they alive? all they do is run a damn line and do whatever they are programmed to do

I like bots, they make the game feel more alive. They are like little NPCs running around collecting stuff. They are like another low level monster to me, like a goblin.

lolwut?

how are they alive? all they do is run a damn line and do whatever they are programmed to do

Actually he has a point lol.

From a realism standpoint it could be counted as an inclusion of the thousands of "citizens" of the various provinces that we never hear of, doing their menial tasks (like all the miners, farmers, and lumberjacks). Thats a rather interesting way of putting it tbh.... If you can put aside the fact that they devalue both the game and the community that is :rolleyes:

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

lolwut?

Actually he has a point lol.

From a realism standpoint it could be counted as an inclusion of the thousands of "citizens" of the various provinces that we never hear of, doing their menial tasks (like all the miners, farmers, and lumberjacks). Thats a rather interesting way of putting it tbh.... If you can put aside the fact that they devalue both the game and the community that is :rolleyes:

ya. and they wouldnt talk to anyone

As far as I'm aware I've never seen a Lv 2 "man" talking to anyone either