Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The botting still persists

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

Nope, but people rage report all the time. I had one friend (no longer) who when he would die would go to every macro spot, and report everyone there, talking or not. I have no doubt in his months of doing that a few innocents were perm banned.

Yea... His problem, not mine.

NEVER SAID IT WAS YOURS. Read what I said. YOU GUYS. Meaning this thread in general, but not each poster specifically. If it doesn't apply to you, move on. I was trying to hint at it, but damn... Jus can't let go...

Seeing as i wasen't really trying to provoke any further argument as should have been evidenced by the post. I was, as you would say "letting it go".

If anything your the one raging here.

I'm not saying always a bot notorious resource area. Word. I rc mine like once every 2 to 3 months. And if all furnaces and RC altars (notice I never specified) are notorious bot resource areas, well... I guess no one can go afk.

Well, you shouldn't go AFK while purposely keeping yourself logged in for over 10 minutes while simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk.

Better yet, just go to the lobby like any other sane player.

No matter how you spin it, going AFK is very botlike behaviour that normal players shouldnt and wouldnt replicate. And its the only easy way of seeing if someone is a bot outside of following them for 5 minutes.
O.O

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,496 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Yea with everyone who says the bot hunters are worse then the bots i agree. Its like the salem witch trials almost, guilty till proven innocent.

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: Are you a bot?

Normal Player: No.

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: SDFLJDLFSJDLFSDJFLSD PROOOF SEE HES BOTTING EVERYONE REPORTL#J$L#J$#L@$J@#L$J@#$L#@J$#@

--------
- At a crowded location training combat -

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: attack lvls ?

* several people respond *

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: EVERYONE WHO DINT RESPOND ARE BOTTING

---------

- In a bank -

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: hey you, player thats alching whats up

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: hey, hey, hey listen

*at this point everyone around them is ignoring this guy*

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: player thats alching talk to me

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: plssssss i needs attentino

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: if yu don repy is cus u bot

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: reported

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: player thats alching is obviously a bot EVRYWUN REPORT HIM!@@@@@@@@@@@

-------------

-training mining (prior to LRC) or hunting-

Player: - chat set to friends -

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: hey

[developmentally delayed] bot hunter: No reply? OBVIOUS BOT REPORTED

I mean bots are annoying but the paranoid idiots against them are worse

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB
I'm not raging, just typing in all caps incase you had a hard time reading.

When you say "simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk" nakes it sound like I want to appear guilty? I am looking at the screen in a sense, I have rs on one side, hulu on the other. I pay attention to friend chats, but usually I don't pay attention to public chat unless I see lots of exclamation.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
There needs to be more bots. Bots to screw these ess miners and green dragon botters up.

How ironic, using bots to eliminate bots... :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Peregrine
  • Clan:The Crate

There needs to be more bots. Bots to screw these ess miners and green dragon botters up.

How ironic, using bots to eliminate bots... :rolleyes:

There already are bots that report people for botting, albeit random people. All we need to do is give them more AI than bot hunters; shouldn't take too long to code.

But in all seriousness, it's a good idea. In IRC channels you have bots to feed you data and to kick/ban users that avoid censors or spam.

Actually, I would guess Jagex's attempt at bots like these were random events. This might not be a good idea after all. If implemented correctly, however...

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

Ive responded to all your posts as normal, im pretty sure your just raging.

When you say "simultaneously not looking at the screen so you can't actually talk" nakes it sound like I want to appear guilty? I am looking at the screen in a sense, I have rs on one side, hulu on the other. I pay attention to friend chats, but usually I don't pay attention to public chat unless I see lots of exclamation.

So you should be able to respond to people, because you actually are looking at the screen.

Theres no reason you should be logged into the game if you are going "afk", while at the same time you want to keep yourself logged in and not respond to the world around you. Theres the lobby if you want to go afk, and if you don't want to use it, its your problem when someone falsely reports you for bot-like behaviour.
O.O

Emerson
[ Display Name History ]

Emerson

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • RSN:I HaveSword

who are you :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0dNWkNQMw

Ignore the subtitles :thumbsup:
"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"
"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"
"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"
"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts

Ive responded to all your posts as normal, im pretty sure your just raging.

I see what you've done here. Senor Innocenté.

So you should be able to respond to people, because you actually are looking at the screen.

Theres no reason you should be logged into the game if you are going "afk", while at the same time you want to keep yourself logged in and not respond to the world around you. Theres the lobby if you want to go afk, and if you don't want to use it, its your problem when someone falsely reports you for bot-like behaviour.

Wha? Again, read what I am writing. If am glancing at the screen, I'm going to see a friend chat come in. However if all I see is yellow text I'm not gonnna notice my name.

And lastly: Why are you telling me how I should play the game? Mr. Jan '09 join date.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

Wha? Again, read what I am writing. If am glancing at the screen, I'm going to see a friend chat come in. However if all I see is yellow text I'm not gonnna notice my name.

Really cause i would notice mine.

Plus, theres no reason you shouldnt be in lobby if your just "glancing at the screen" every now and then. If you wan't to talk to your friends, you can do it in the lobby. They probably added that function especially for people like you.

And lastly: Why are you telling me how I should play the game?

Because i don't want you to be falsely reported for botlike behaviour despite the fact that its easily preventable?

Mr. Jan '09 join date.

You best be trollin boy...
O.O

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
1) While you do have a valid point about the lobby, I can't stand re entering my pin. Since I may think I'm off for the day, so I go to lobby. And realize I want to plany and so bam, enter in pin again.

2) And that's the thing, I find it ridiculous the bots aren't dictating us at all, the bot hunters are. We all have to bend to their rules, they blame it on the bots, but it's really them.

3) I was. :D

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

1) While you do have a valid point about the lobby, I can't stand re entering my pin. Since I may think I'm off for the day, so I go to lobby. And realize I want to plany and so bam, enter in pin again.

Really? Ive never had a pin for ages so i wouldn't know.

2) And that's the thing, I find it ridiculous the bots aren't dictating us at all, the bot hunters are. We all have to bend to their rules, they blame it on the bots, but it's really them.

They aren't dictating us, but at the same time, they ARE a problem. And you can't blame people for reporting bots.
O.O

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:pepsiguy
  • Clan:i dont even know

Really? Ive never had a pin for ages so i wouldn't know.

They aren't dictating us, but at the same time, they ARE a problem. And you can't blame people for reporting bots.

theres only a few bot hunters, we're not saying go out and try to find every bot and report them, we're saying they are a bad thing and they hurt the economy for players in a wide range,would you rather be making crap money or good money by cutting yew, magic, mining, any producing skill for that matter

The once was a mexican called pepsi,
Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,
He was a pretty cool bro,
Bros generally are you know,
He hailed from the land of 'taters,
He was known to hate many-a-hater,
He likes a girl named Lacey,
His thoughts about her are kind of racy,
And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Frede173

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Synthox
[ Display Name History ]

Synthox

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • RSN:Bionic Yoshi
  • RSN2:Wels Catfish
  • Clan:TRR
These topics should just be condensed into one topic: OMG BOTZZZZ DIE
And all the [developmentally delayed] bot hunter will go in there and say OMGZZZZ LOOK AT MAI L33T BOT KILZ
Seriously, these topics are a waste of time. If you want to rant about bots, use an existing topic.

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It
Wow, i did not realise that this topic would gain as much as 3 pages! Far beyond my imagination =)

I have read some of the posts. This is as mentioned a trick of putting a unfamiliar object (for the bots) under Aubury and stuck him over the thing, in this case a Marker Plant (e). it has to point east for some reason or another.

To the people that want proof of if this is fake or not, why would i gather 30 people to stand still while i take a damn picture? The picture is good enough proof, and you can try it out yourself. All of these were botters as well, I was doing this for 30 minutes, and those who weren't bots would have logged out. As well, when i remove the plant, everyone is mass teleporting, and it's damn funny to watch =P

These topics should just be condensed into one topic: OMG BOTZZZZ DIE
And all the [developmentally delayed] bot hunter will go in there and say OMGZZZZ LOOK AT MAI L33T BOT KILZ
Seriously, these topics are a waste of time. If you want to rant about bots, use an existing topic.

Well, how come this topic has 3 pages of answers? I did not think it would fit into another thread, because of the picture, and that i like structure =)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

i refuse to respond to stupidity.

Well, you just did ;-)

And to be honest, i didn't ask one of them, and i don't ask people for skills either. I ask for a nice chat or keep quiet. If i see bot like behaviour, i report them (the false reporting you are talking about is if you report someone because you are mad of them, not trying to help jagex, you miss the point). This picture and my experience is concrete proof, just go try it yourself, i put up instructions in the last post of mine.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Why the hell cant we ask for Mods assistance? In maplestory you could ask for assistance, if enough ppl on the minimap did, they came and banned ppls

I'd like to think of Maplestory as the worst possible example you can use, because from playing it a fair bit years ago, no one I've seen has gotten perm banned, or "reported".

Well, i played it just after it got out, the had heavy problems with people hacking the game. They modified game to server messages so they could go god mode and choose were to spawn monsters to powerlevel. This was highly frown upon, these days i dont believe botting is banable as you mention, at least not if you have ever purchased Nexon Cash.

Last but not least. To all of you that think that this festivity of people standing still four a long time in heaps of amounts. Please go try it yourself, once you see everyone teleport at the exact same moment you will surely understand everyone standing still was botting for sure.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

On world 160, the quickchat world, 100% of the people were botting.

Reallly?

Well. I really screwed myself up there, please don't falsely report me =(

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Agreed. There is no RS rule that states that you must respond to other people's chat. Jagex has their automatical bot detection system, so there's really no need to even have the macroing report option.

Well, it's quite obvious that it doesn't work well. Take my picture as an example, and go see many other places for youself.

fiveduple posting FTW, mods feel free to merge my posts. I don't really get it to work =/

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Pepsiguy
[ Display Name History ]

Pepsiguy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:pepsiguy