He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that at least some bots are programmed to respond in quickchat, so you can still hold a "conversation".

My friend (who i refuse to report on principle), has a bot with an auto responder, not just quickchat.

I'm guessing its fairly easy to guess its a bot, but these things are getting more advanced o.O

O.O

I've heard that at least some bots are programmed to respond in quickchat, so you can still hold a "conversation".

My friend (who i refuse to report on principle), has a bot with an auto responder, not just quickchat.

I'm guessing its fairly easy to guess its a bot, but these things are getting more advanced o.O

Those can be easily mainipulated.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Those can be easily mainipulated.

I loved manipulating those. You'd walk into an area with about twenty level 3 bots in it:

"Any bots around?"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

"lol no"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I reported a level 133 botter yesterday at Gargoyles, the guy's bot kept trying to attack the gargoyles I was fighting.

Checked the highscores today, he isn't listed. Victory for me.

Sure he hasn't changed his name?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I reported a level 133 botter yesterday at Gargoyles, the guy's bot kept trying to attack the gargoyles I was fighting.

Full of win.

Was thinking, not exactly sure what all a signed java application can do as far as systems go, but you think a simple process scanner would work? Say Jamflex takes a look at all the processes running on computers, figures out the threads that are botting applications, and uses it to flag potential bots. That'd be pretty epic.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Was thinking, not exactly sure what all a signed java application can do as far as systems go, but you think a simple process scanner would work? Say Jamflex takes a look at all the processes running on computers, figures out the threads that are botting applications, and uses it to flag potential bots. That'd be pretty epic.

Even if it is do-able within the signed-applet (of-course, could use some native code targeted specifically to windows, bet they'd still catch a load!), I'd bet there's ways around that - perhaps a method for generating a new-name for each run?

Of-course, you've also got the issue that if the program's written in Java, you're not going to have much luck identifying anything in the list...

I don't know much about the programs these bots use - but Java does feature the Robot class. I bet they could capture a screenshot of the entire system's display and check that every now and then - disregarding the potential privacy concerns of-course! :P It would require the createRobot permissions too...

I wonder how long it takes for Jagex to get the report and then investigate and ban the person.

I wonder how long it takes for Jagex to get the report and then investigate and ban the person.

If Jagex's system is still as automated as it used to be, reporting a person for botting may very well induce the system into scanning the person for autoing software, either immediately or delayed.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If Jagex's system is still as automated as it used to be, reporting a person for botting may very well induce the system into scanning the person for autoing software, either immediately or delayed.

That's exactly what it does.

2qcigdz.png

Whether you like it or not, botters are required to keep the rs market stable. Without botters a reasonable guess at the cost of a yew would be about 2k, sharks around 4k. And levelling rc... forget it. As much of an annoyance as they are, they are required for the game to progress. Botters can never be removed from the game, and nor would jagex if they could. Botters supply most of the membership monies that jagex collects each month, from any point of view, more money is better than less money.

viewtopic.php?p=3956321#3956321 Click here to view my guide to Your Kingdom

Whether you like it or not, botters are required to keep the rs market stable. Without botters a reasonable guess at the cost of a yew would be about 2k, sharks around 4k. And levelling rc... forget it. As much of an annoyance as they are, they are required for the game to progress. Botters can never be removed from the game, and nor would jagex if they could. Botters supply most of the membership monies that jagex collects each month, from any point of view, more money is better than less money.

^ Agreed.

Also if botting was stopped in its tracks the number of players would plummet.

Currently people bot on multiple accounts at the same time as they play their main or do other stuff on the Internet.

There is now such a culture of botting its almost like if you can't beat them join them.

RS almost needs to allow legit botting officially to make it fair for normal players like letting your char woodcut while you are not even logged on or something. That way it takes away the grinding aspect of the game too.

RS almost needs to allow legit botting officially to make it fair for normal players like letting your char woodcut while you are not even logged on or something. That way it takes away the grinding aspect of the game too.

No, it doesn't. Not even close.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Whether you like it or not, botters are required to keep the rs market stable. Without botters a reasonable guess at the cost of a yew would be about 2k, sharks around 4k. And levelling rc... forget it. As much of an annoyance as they are, they are required for the game to progress.

Wow your stupid.

If yew was ever 2k, woodcutting would be upwards of 800k an hour, and with so many f2p players with which it would be by far the best money maker, it wouldn't stay that way for long because of excess supply.

O.O

Exactly. The supply from "regular" players will far outweigh the 2k price. If yews were 2k apiece, no one would train on them for fletching, making supply far more than demand.

And yews would stabilize back to 500gp apiece again. GF.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

^ Agreed.

Currently people bot on multiple accounts at the same time as they play their main or do other stuff on the Internet.

There is now such a culture of botting its almost like if you can't beat them join them.

ohh god...

really?

REALLY??!!

sorry, i am going to sound like a troll but that is jibberish. total and utter [cabbage].

bots are bad for the game. yes prices might be higher but for the love of zamorak how would that be a bad thing?! so what if you could get money somewhat faster then b4 on slow money makers that are not nearly as fast as other methods (boss hunting, pking etc)

and cant people get in there heads that just becouse a bot pays memberhsip does not mean jagex gains money from it?!!

all bots do is deflate prices and provide free xp to people brakeing the rules. even if bots are a good thing, thay are against the rules. so you should not use them at all.

if a game has rules that you think stop it being fun... play a difrent game and dont spoil it for us.

i dont see why people can justify bots by the artiical priceing thay put on items.

if a yew log was ment to be 2k gp, its ment to be 2k gp.

and even if it was 2k gp, that would mean people would cut so many of them that to stay at 2k would be nuthing more then a merch clan or a glitch on the grad GE.

sorry if you feal i am flameing you 2, but i hate bots.

i want them to all go to computer hell :evil:

bots can go burn in eternal BURNING

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

...Then what would the game be about?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

That's exactly what it does.

Implying you have proof.

Higher prices doesn't make it less stable. Not necessarily, to say the least; if there's less harvesting it's going to go up in price.

Whether you like it or not, botters are required to keep the rs market stable. Without botters a reasonable guess at the cost of a yew would be about 2k, sharks around 4k. And levelling rc... forget it. As much of an annoyance as they are, they are required for the game to progress.

Wow your stupid.

If yew was ever 2k, woodcutting would be upwards of 800k an hour, and with so many f2p players with which it would be by far the best money maker, it wouldn't stay that way for long because of excess supply.

You're

^ Agreed.

ohh god...

really?

REALLY??!!

sorry, i am going to sound like a troll but that is jibberish. total and utter [cabbage].

bots are bad for the game. yes prices might be higher but for the love of zamorak how would that be a bad thing?! so what if you could get money somewhat faster then b4 on slow money makers that are not nearly as fast as other methods (boss hunting, pking etc)

and cant people get in there heads that just becouse a bot pays memberhsip does not mean jagex gains money from it?!!

all bots do is deflate prices and provide free xp to people brakeing the rules. even if bots are a good thing, thay are against the rules. so you should not use them at all.

if a game has rules that you think stop it being fun... play a difrent game and dont spoil it for us.

i dont see why people can justify bots by the artiical priceing thay put on items.

if a yew log was ment to be 2k gp, its ment to be 2k gp.

and even if it was 2k gp, that would mean people would cut so many of them that to stay at 2k would be nuthing more then a merch clan or a glitch on the grad GE.

sorry if you feal i am flameing you 2, but i hate bots.

i want them to all go to computer hell :evil:

bots can go burn in eternal BURNING

I stopped at for the love of zamorak.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You're

HERP DERP WOW YOUR FUNNY BRO!

Get your head out of your ass.

Umm. What. Explain yourself, sir.

Besides, "get your head out of your ass," isn't even a proper insult. That refers to... Eh... what's the right phrasing... Not being aware of what's going on around me, I guess you could say. I just pointed it out, I find it strange you even took offence. I didn't mean anything bad by it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I dun like bots... Really though jammyflax loses money if a bot is p2p. If the account takes more time gaining every level then jegax would make money because the player needs more membership to reach a goal he/she could have botted to in half the time.

Also even though bots do help lower the cost of goods for the every day player they have a drastic side effect. If you look at the most profitable activities in the game all of them are hard to bot or unbotable tasks, such as frost dragons or bandos. This skews the economy so much so that skilling is almost a marginal part of the game. who would want to make 1m an hour with double natures when you could kill frost dragons for almost 3m.

My point with all of this is that even though the botting reduces the cost of many items, it effectivly only reduces the cost for people who do non botable activities frequently (bossers) while the people who really want to skill can't gain money from their skilling because many activities that are soposed to be profitable are actually money sinks (secondary skills like smithing and crafting) <- also unprofitable because of need of new content

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

People, the cat has been beaten to death. There's no point in beating a dead cat.

But you can skin it and then make +cat liver roast+s out of it. (I really need to stop turning everything into a DF reference...)

OT: Bots. I don't like them because they devalue skilling and overvalue bosshunting, but they're going to be around no matter what we do. We might as well have some fun with 'em while we can... like by dropping a nature rune in the Chaos Tunnels.

a70c7.png