The botting still persists

Hegelstad

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...I have to admit that when I originally responded to this thread, my response was geared as a P2P player...I actually had not logged onto a F2P world in a VERY long time. With that said, I have to admit I was a bit shocked at how many "potential" bots I saw at some spots when I did logon to F2P.

I do remember a time before Bots were around in large numbers. I cut my teeth on F2P for 8 months before becoming a member. As it is now, I can see how a new player, just starting off, might be turned off to the game by this. We, as a community, are potentially losing new blood because they are put off by the Bots.

Be that as it may, I still stand by my conviction that Bot Hunters are just as annoying as the Bots themselves. Since I could care less about High Scores, I really don't see what the Bot jealousy is all about. Caring about High Scores should have gone out the window several tears ago. I say just play the game in whatever way makes you happy. Care about your RS friends, and play as a group. Those who use Bots...I feel sad for you. "Your" accomplishments are hollow.

I think Jagex does a pretty good job with this game. All MMO's have Bot problems, so why anyone would expect different on RS is beyond me.

I salute all the real players out there...they are the only ones who will read this anyway...LOL.

:grin:

yebz5.jpg

Sorceress's Garden bot bonanza :thumbdown:

40 bots on every world

Yes i've seen that lately, sad that Jagex doesn't do anything about so obvious botting.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Why do bots always go to places where the exp/hr and gp/hr is, simply put, terrible?

I mean who cuts yew trees these days? Who mines coal anymore?

Sad, sad...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They're paranoid about being caught, makes strange decisions.

But they're not being caught. That's the problem.

If the bot makers knew this already they would script bots to do things that are actually worthwhile.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They're paranoid about being caught, makes strange decisions.

But they're not being caught. That's the problem.

If the bot makers knew this already they would script bots to do things that are actually worthwhile.

Yeah, the well-programmed bots made for popular areas arn't noticeable at all.

Summer's Garden bots is obvious though :P

Bots running custom scripts at locations where nobody is known to bot is the hardest to catch it seems.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think of that Jagex can't fight off the bots? At this world, w42, 97% of the people were botting. On world 160, the quickchat world, 100% of the people were botting.

:shame: Now, now, you may be irritated, but there's no point in giving false statistics to back up your argument. :---)

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Why do bots always go to places where the exp/hr and gp/hr is, simply put, terrible?

I mean who cuts yew trees these days? Who mines coal anymore?

Sad, sad...

I can only assume that

a.) they used to be a good/decent source of money until tons of bots came to crash the market

b.) these bots are easier to code

c.) these bots require nothing much

It's easy to get the requirements to mine coal/cut yews

It's much harder to get the requirements to boss hunt?

capt%20kevin.png

Imo there are a few steps to be taken if Jagex ever wants to get rid off the botters:

1. Make reporting easier. Once u click the report button, you should be able to select the abuser by clicking on it and confirming it's the correct one.

This would encourage people to actually report people with names like 'OO0oO0ooO' or 'lILIiLiLllIi' coz it sucks to invest time reporting botters like this.

2. They should do something about the free worlds. Members has alot of bots, but free is just insane. Walk around draynor village or around any yew/willow tree

and it's PACKED with bots. First step: remove the free trade in free worlds. That way botters can't transfer their wealth, not to main accounts and not

to other people buying the gold for real money. Only accounts that have been around for a certain time (2 years?) can trade but still limited.

3. If Jagex would just hire one botbuster per server it would make a huge difference. One mod per world who's in charge to reduce the botting percentage on

his world would make alot of difference.

4. Imagine Jagex invented a surprise update. One time, on a certain day, on all servers you suddenly get a message in the middle of the screen saying:

'Click on the correct fruit or be teleported to botter island!' U see three fruits and gotta click the banana for example, if you don't click or misclick you get teleported

away to a remote island where a mod is waiting to send u some privates. If you keep moving around but don't reply to his private chats... BAN

Just do something ffs, it can't be that hard to actually take some steps and show to us, regular players steps are taken against botting.

Imo doing nothing about the problem is encouraging the thought 'If you can't beat 'em, JOIN EM' and I hate that.

Why would I be running around making nature runes while a lazy idiot is getting tons of nature runes while he's sleeping to discover he made

another 3mil cash over night. It's just so unfair towards the regular players that I really get pissed off sometimes.

Ever tried getting your strange rocks in mining guild? Hell it's nearly impossible when 30 zombies jump at the same rock you are mining...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)