U Mad?

Kimberly

How do you feel trolling affects the clan world, both on a local (your clan) and global (clan community) scale?

The two clans I've been in....

Tempted Killers: 8-10, We get trolled all the time, it's kind of fun to read when you are bored.

True 0wnage: below 5, although the Founder is a big troll. (<3 you Jack.)

Global, both tip.it/rsc: 10

How do you feel about clans that flat out ban such behaviour?

I don't mind.

Do you feel like there is an imbalance in how trolling is accepted? If so, how do you restore the balance?

I read them sometimes, it's funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Proud Ex-Council of Tempted Killers, There Since Day One~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~No Regrets, Only Memories ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you feel trolling affects the clan world, both on a local (your clan) and global (clan community) scale?

It makes it interesting, spices up rivalries, and always gives good laughs.

I support clans that do this as it limits conflicts with other clans and usually keeps the clans' image decent.

Do you feel like there is an imbalance in how trolling is accepted? If so, how do you restore the balance?

No I think it all balances out in the end.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

How do you feel trolling affects the clan world, both on a local (your clan) and global (clan community) scale? It's funny. Makes Runescape.com more intreasting.

How do you feel about clans that flat out ban such behaviour? Party Poopers.

Do you feel like there is an imbalance in how trolling is accepted? If so, how do you restore the balance? It's trollin.. no such thing as balanced or not.

Sigma NU

MOST Anticipated but still underrated

Silent Ember

How do you feel trolling affects the clan world, both on a local (your clan) and global (clan community) scale? It does lead to rivalries with causes the clan world to be more active, but on other scales it's pretty useless.

How do you feel about clans that flat out ban such behaviour? I have a lot of respect for those clans, I'm not mature enough to avoid trolling personally :P. (To an extent it should be stopped however)

Do you feel like there is an imbalance in how trolling is accepted? If so, how do you restore the balance? It could be helpful at points with a rivalry, but IRL Flaming / DdoS'ing is a bit too far.

Summary from my perspective is that it makes things more fun, but shouldn't get too serious.

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

I doubt it actually affects it at all, just keeps things heated on and active but its not something really that much of a importance nowadays

How do you feel about clans that flat out ban such behavior?

Its not something i personally like but i guess its a good way to change someone's behavior and make them more mature but if I'm banned for that reason in a clan then i won't definitely join them lol

Hmm well i do feel theres an imbalance but its not something we can do much at all. Trolling will always be there and it will eventually increase over time so only those good and mature members will be able to stop the troll invasion

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Just delete this..

Edited by Makaaveli

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

I feel it makes people upset over a game. Hell I used to troll and even fall for taunts from others. Now its more about what you know. People try to talk about other clans whist just being influenced by what they see over RSC half the time being propaganda. Sometimes people believe exactly what their ranks brainwash them to, and make that their own belief. So more or less I just let people troll and point out what simple facts they tend to be wrong in. As for the question itself my clan Trolling isn't really an issue as we don't care for RSC and are generally the only clan to not care about it aswell as not post.

I believe clans who usually troll as a group either have wool pulled over their eyes or are at a top stand atm. If you look at it, people who troll tend to be at a higher power at the time. Once they lose that power though, they lose everything that goes with it. Usually the trolls cannot troll anymore, therefore they look for somewhere else to go. Just look at VR, alot of people who went there for #1 went either to RoT or EoS once VR lost power. Those same people are still trying to troll since they are so easy to control.

In The Titans, it isn't accepted that much. After all it is pretty pointless to. You don't really accomplish anything from it.

The only thing I search for in life, be it online or real, is entertainment value, if trolling brings me entertainment value I will stop at nothing to obtain and then retain it.

I do what I do.

I AM CRED

You'll find the effects of trolling on RSC a lot more defining but to me someone trolling my clan often have problems with individuals rather than the clan itself - which leads us to this: c[_]

Good for them. I think if they can find the right level of strictness which allows members to have fun but not do anything too serious then it creates less beef for their clan.

Imbalance? Uhm. Some clans do find trolling more offensive than others. But usually for obvious reasons like Clan Image in the Clan World, and etc. So yeah kinda and I think some clans need to take things a little less serious to restore a balance. Unfortunately RuneScape.com is serious business so this will never happen.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Trolling is just the result of a rapid change in the community as a whole. Yes, the clan world was the first to be effected (which shows the lessened amount of it in the regular Runescape community), which would show why this is more of a clan world issue than the regular community. It has been both negative and positive. For example: It has lessened the quality of a lot of discussions but makes things more interesting. It has made things more acceptable which previously wouldn't have been, but has opened a lot more discussions/groups against it, etc. Overall, yeah it's negative, but it's pretty much just the development of the community, whether we like it or not.

Those clans that do have a more stricter stance on it... well, so be it. They made the decision so good job to them, I'm sure they'll be better off for it in the long run.

I see a clear imbalance being present because well, a lot of things are acceptable which shouldn't be. But then again, as I said it's the development of the community as a whole. It's very difficult to stop that snowball as it goes down the hill. The only way balance will be restored is if every single person in the clan world stops trolling/other activities associated with it as well as people to stop being bait for these trolls in the first place which is an incredibly difficult feat considering that (I feel anyway) the community isn't mature enough to moderate it.

Just my two cents anyway.

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 weeks later...