29-Sep-2010 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Dragon Scimitar Redesign

Den

If you were lucky enough to be at RuneFest 2010, or you've been able to read up on some of the events that transpired there, then chances are you'll be familiar with some of the revelations featured in our exclusive Insider Sessions. One such tasty nugget from the Big Questions session was that our Graphics team are planning a much-requested rework of the beloved dragon scimitar. In order to make it as impressive as all the other dragon weaponry, Mod Joe and his team have come up with a selection of alternative designs for you to marvel at.

You can do more than just marvel, though, as in the best tradition of our official player polls, we're putting the top redesign contenders to a public vote. The design that proves most popular with our players will find its way into the game very soon. Good times!

Once you've taken a good look at the designs below, log into the Dragon Scimitar Redesign poll and select the option that corresponds to the design you like the most, and then submit your vote. Simple!

dragonscimitars.jpg

We'll be showing you the results in one week, so don't delay. Get your vote in as soon as possible, and then head over to the Official Polls Feedback & Ideas thread to discuss your choice with others. And, as always, just by voting in one of our polls, you'll be entered into our prize draw to win a month of RuneScape membership.

May the best design win!

Mod Emilee & Mod Howes

Community Management

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*facepalm*

There isn't a "This is a joke and it doesn't need to be redesigned. It's a waste of time, and you should feel bad" option is there?

There really isn't enough change for me to warrant voting for anything other than the original--when the item is that small on your screen, you're not going to see what shape the hilt is, for example...And who cares which way the spikes curve?

hzvjpwS.gif

Just Voted. I have to say, hiding the results is an incredibly petty thing to do in my opinion. Anyway, I opted for choice B, the reason being, neither option A or C actually look like Scimitars (especially C which looks awful) and option D just looks like a recoloured ordinary Scimitar. B actually looks pretty close to what I thought it should have looked like in the first place. Having the original version up there just purely shows how terrible it looks.

On another note, if they are going through all this trouble to update the scimitar why aren't the battleaxe or mace getting updated? They both look pretty plain and outdated now.

Sylpheed.png

I opted for choice B

Having the original version up there just purely shows how terrible it looks.

So 4 more spikes and a different coloured hilt are a dealbreaker then? I seriously don't see a significant difference between the two. And again, remember how tiny these will be when they're on your actual screen. Does it really make much of a difference? o_O

hzvjpwS.gif

I voted for B as I feel the same as what Sylph posted. The funny thing about hiding the votes is it only hides the statistics. You can still see which option is in the lead by looking at what order the options are stacked as in the results. :P

I opted for choice B

Having the original version up there just purely shows how terrible it looks.

So 4 more spikes and a different coloured hilt are a dealbreaker then? I seriously don't see a significant difference between the two. And again, remember how tiny these will be when they're on your actual screen. Does it really make much of a difference? o_O

Don't be so narrowminded. I didn't chose B because of the OMG MOAR SPIKES attribute. The current scimitar we have now looks way too blunt to be a scimitar. I didn't even take notice of the different hilt it had, I chose it because its shape is closest to that of an actual scimitar. Either way, the last time I actually used a Dscim was quite a long time ago so whatever option gets chosen in the end is going to have little to no effect on me.

Sylpheed.png

Can't vote original?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

*facepalm*

There isn't a "This is a joke and it doesn't need to be redesigned. It's a waste of time, and you should feel bad" option is there?

There really isn't enough change for me to warrant voting for anything other than the original--when the item is that small on your screen, you're not going to see what shape the hilt is, for example...And who cares which way the spikes curve?

Actually, there is a 'Keep the original design!' option. I think they saw you coming.

I voted for B, because it's the only sword that really fits the description of 'vicious' and 'curved'. The others either look bland or don't look very much like a scimitar. They should do these things more often.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why don't jagex redesign some older pieces such as rune armour/barrows instead.

Oh well, the one that looks most lethal to me is B, if the left side of the blade had a spike facing towards the hilt it'd be pretty much embedded if it was in a flesh wound, a good comparison to that would be a sharks tooth or a harpoon.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I agree. Sometimes I'm truly confounded by the things they do. Remember that Barrows wallpaper where the brothers are wearing very different armor? I'd love for that to be implemented.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

*facepalm*

I don't see a point. They asked the gamers at runefest if they disliked the current design, and the vote was unanimous.

There's no way that the original sword would win. Far too many players would vote against it.

Think of it this way.

If players voted for the original instead of their second favorite design, their vote is wasted.

Their second favorite design would not be expressed in the poll, and may result in a different outcome in the poll.

this is efficient if you are correct in assuming that a certain option in the poll has no chance of winning at all.

nevermind kim, there is actually a "keep the original design" choice.

Naaxi.png

At least it won't be mistakable for a dragon longsword now? But yeah armor such as barrows and the normal metal armors would be more interesting to have a poll about.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Dont care but B probably looks the best but thats completely bull because I have no idea what it looks like in game anyway. It would look better if they removed that odd spike on the left near handle though. D as a runner up.

C looks like a different sword that I cant remember the name of and A looks like it needs sharpening because it has huge chips in it and is blunt.

The best sword is between the model B and D tbh but not on their own. I vote for F. Redesign.

I agree. Sometimes I'm truly confounded by the things they do. Remember that Barrows wallpaper where the brothers are wearing very different armor? I'd love for that to be implemented.

I think that armour was meant to be what it looked like when the brothers were still alive. It wouldn't make sense to make the armour look like that now, but I guess it would be alright if they made a way to restore it or added some ornament kit or something.

That wallpaper was years ago though, they've probably forgotten about it

Why the [bleep] can't we have the old one, the one which stood out from your body, opposed to being held straight up?

Yes, that was (imo) clearly the best of them all...same for d long, it just looks ugly now. I honestly think Jagex should offer the original (not current) as a choice. Jagex really should have polled for the original change imo, but I guess Jagex will always send out the Graphics team on silly, irritating, and unwanted projects....

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png