29-Sep-2010 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Dragon Scimitar Redesign

Den

Don't be so narrowminded. I didn't chose B because of the OMG MOAR SPIKES attribute. The current scimitar we have now looks way too blunt to be a scimitar. I didn't even take notice of the different hilt it had, I chose it because its shape is closest to that of an actual scimitar. Either way, the last time I actually used a Dscim was quite a long time ago so whatever option gets chosen in the end is going to have little to no effect on me.

I will give it to you, it looks more like a scimitar. But even then, why not just axe one of the spikes on the current design and angle the blade more without going through the fuss of a poll? I'm not criticizing your decision...I guess that I have more of an issue with people buying into this idea. Should've presented that idea more clearly and for that I apologize. There are other things, better things, that could use attention, let alone getting into other graphic content!

I guess you would call it bitterness, but I call this impracticality and lip-service to give the illusion of desiring feedback. Really, this seems to me more like a "Okay, this time we're getting your opinions on it so we can blame you if it still looks like crap."

Actually, there is a 'Keep the original design!' option. I think they saw you coming.

I'm not saying the designs are bad but your sly jabs are no less welcome. I actually didn't vote though because I have no care for the item in question and would rather leave it up to the people who do care, regardless if I think they're silly for it.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so narrowminded. I didn't chose B because of the OMG MOAR SPIKES attribute. The current scimitar we have now looks way too blunt to be a scimitar. I didn't even take notice of the different hilt it had, I chose it because its shape is closest to that of an actual scimitar. Either way, the last time I actually used a Dscim was quite a long time ago so whatever option gets chosen in the end is going to have little to no effect on me.

I will give it to you, it looks more like a scimitar. But even then, why not just axe one of the spikes on the current design and angle the blade more without going through the fuss of a poll? I'm not criticizing your decision...I guess that I have more of an issue with people buying into this idea. Should've presented that idea more clearly and for that I apologize. There are other things, better things, that could use attention, let alone getting into other graphic content!

I guess you would call it bitterness, but I call this impracticality and lip-service to give the illusion of desiring feedback. Really, this seems to me more like a "Okay, this time we're getting your opinions on it so we can blame you if it still looks like crap."

Oh, don't get me wrong, I see this poll as being as pointless as you do, but if theres a chance to make a weapon that looks like a red turd get a makeoever I may aswell put a vote in regardless of how much I use it myself. I also agree that that there are many more items that desperately need makeovers more than the scimitar (the ones mentioned in my OP for example). The poll does have a slight hint of "Let's make a guarunteed poll for the Dragon Scimitar makeover for the players so we can make it look like their input matters" sort of thing, but that might just be me being sceptical.

Sylpheed.png

Couldn't care less, why are they focusing on the look of a weapon that they changed a number of times already (ruining it the process to) when there are many more that could do with an upgrade. Not to mention I haven't used one of those obsolete things for years.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Couldn't care less, why are they focusing on the look of a weapon that they changed a number of times already (ruining it the process to) when there are many more that could do with an upgrade. Not to mention I haven't used one of those obsolete things for years.

Because they made an impromptu promise at runefest.

They're just keeping their word.

Naaxi.png

Because they made an impromptu promise at runefest.

They're just keeping their word.

Blimey that's a first.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

The poll does have a slight hint of "Let's make a guarunteed poll for the Dragon Scimitar makeover for the players so we can make it look like their input matters" sort of thing, but that might just be me being sceptical.

Hehe, yeah, that's what I thought too.

For what it's worth, I do like option B best. And since they've apparently already made all the models (seeing as they're in the image), voting for the old model to save them work clearly won't do much good :P

Actually, there is a 'Keep the original design!' option. I think they saw you coming.

I'm not saying the designs are bad but your sly jabs are no less welcome. I actually didn't vote though because I have no care for the item in question and would rather leave it up to the people who do care, regardless if I think they're silly for it.

I apologise if my comment seemed inappropriate, it's just that it annoys me when I see someone suggesting a reflex idea against change, even if the change is for the better. A significant proportion of the community doesn't like the look of the dragon scimitar, for practical (make the difference between the dragon longsword and scimitar clear at first glance) and aesthetic (it just looks like crap) reasons, and this vote should clear up the matter. After it's been changed, we probably won't hear anything more about the 'D Scimmy' for years.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Out of all the other items, why Dragon Scimitar... I'd go with B.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

What is this, Mod Joe's first project at Jagex?

How about fix dharock's axe so its rested up on the shoulder again.

GO JOE!

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The problem Imo with the current scimitar is that it looks too much like the Dragon longsword. It is too short and doesn't have much of a curve to it. B definitely looks the most scimitar like to me.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Why don't jagex redesign some older pieces such as rune armour/barrows instead.

I agree. Sometimes I'm truly confounded by the things they do. Remember that Barrows wallpaper where the brothers are wearing very different armor? I'd love for that to be implemented.

They didnt want to update barrows armor because they might get negative feedback. Thats what they said a while ago anyway. Guessing the same goes for the metal armor.

Why the [bleep] can't we have the old one, the one which stood out from your body, opposed to being held straight up?

Thats what Z-Buffering is for. Wouldn't surprise me if its held horizontal-ish after the update. Though you never know with Jagex.

I voted D. This is how scimitars are supposed to look like. C or A comes a close second. Hate B, it looks too ridiculous. I like my blades simple and clean, although with the majority of the RS population... it'll probably go for B at the end. Good thing, because I already have 99 strength, so meh.

Why don't jagex redesign some older pieces such as rune armour/barrows instead.

I agree. Sometimes I'm truly confounded by the things they do. Remember that Barrows wallpaper where the brothers are wearing very different armor? I'd love for that to be implemented.

They didnt want to update barrows armor because they might get negative feedback. Thats what they said a while ago anyway. Guessing the same goes for the metal armor.

Why the [bleep] can't we have the old one, the one which stood out from your body, opposed to being held straight up?

Thats what Z-Buffering is for. Wouldn't surprise me if its held horizontal-ish after the update. Though you never know with Jagex.

*facepalm* so just draw up some concept art and let us vote on it! its that simple...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I voted D. This is how scimitars are supposed to look like. C or A comes a close second. Hate B, it looks too ridiculous. I like my blades simple and clean, although with the majority of the RS population... it'll probably go for B at the end. Good thing, because I already have 99 strength, so meh.

I agree, B just looks... overdone imo. I voted D as well :shades:

Staurolite.png

Voted A. Just cause I want a dragonite weapon with marks on it lol (only difference between A and D). Also C's hilt is the most badass of them all. (C's hilt and A pl0x?)

And I agree on people saying these things should be the least of Jagex's problems. They could have just made this a patch note and many wouldn't have even noticed.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Haven't touched a d scim in years (if ever? Dunno), but I voted for D. I prefer the clean, larger plain scimitar look. No dorky spikes, and it can't be used as a wrench (as apparently C could).

Wish there was some more variation, though. Not much difference to look at overall among the 5.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png