29-Sep-2010 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Dragon Scimitar Redesign

Den

but I voted for D. I prefer the clean, larger plain scimitar look. No dorky spikes, and it can't be used as a wrench (as apparently C could).

Remember dragon weps are actually made to look different to other weps, (eg rune mace -> dragon mace, massive difference in looks, so a dscim that looks to similar to regular scimmys will sorta kill 'the dragon trend' (I voted B, and according to posts so far, it seems that B will probably win!)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's not a leprechaun..

Voted B because it was the most overdone, and I'm not going to use it, along with it being too small ingame anyways

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Can't make up my mind between B or D yet. Might go with D simply because B just has to many spikes. It looks cool but its not a mace.

A looks like it lost a few to many fights and C looks like a giant can opener so thats why I don't like those 2. I do like the hilt on c though.

I hope they do this everytime they update a weapon.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

When they update graphics, they should simply up the polygon count of existing models, not completely change them.

But Jagex needs to fix the graphics, they're all "broken".

The graphics team should focus on new content. Older content should only be tweaked if balance is needed.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

When they update graphics, they should simply up the polygon count of existing models, not completely change them.

But Jagex needs to fix the graphics, they're all "broken".

The graphics team should focus on new content. Older content should only be tweaked if balance is needed.

Why would balance be needed in anythign graphical?

hzvjpwS.gif

I've gotten used to all of the graphical changes except for the dragon scimitar; the old version was by far my favorite, and d looks pretty similar to a normal scimitar, so I voted d. Seems like b is winning though

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Where's the option for this version?

Snip

With some (slightly) improved graphics, that would be the ideal Dragon Scimitar.

Gosh, that pic brings back memories.

Definitely agreed. For me, a big part of the appeal is the way its held.

Though, like a lot of posters have mentioned, this doesn't really affect me too much. I don't use dragon scimitars anymore. I stopped using them years ago, actually (controlled ftw).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Where's the option for this version?

Snip

With some (slightly) improved graphics, that would be the ideal Dragon Scimitar.

Gosh, that pic brings back memories.

Definitely agreed. For me, a big part of the appeal is the way its held.

Though, like a lot of posters have mentioned, this doesn't really affect me too much. I don't use dragon scimitars anymore. I stopped using them years ago, actually (controlled ftw).

does not efect me at all becouse i never used the thing! i might even of gotten a whip b4 finishing mm (idk though)

but i still would like a change, its current desine is kinda anoying, the old one looked quite sweet.

for furture note, i think if thay do this poll thingie again, thay should have difrent questions for difrent parts (option A,B,C,D for hilts. A,B,C,D for blade its self etc). i would like the option of chouseing how many spikes, the sise of the weapon, maybe even go so far as the specal attack animation! it just would give us the ability to once and for all say "that is a good look", at least for most of us.

edit: option B: curve + 2 up spikes, is winning.

D (my vote! woo): plane, is comeing second

C: the wrench, comeing third

A: plane with chiped, is second last.

and (no surprise) "keep the orgenal" is last.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Dragon scimitar, 2h (the most) and longsword all look messed up. It's not easy to see difference between a scimitar and a longsword.

Jagex's version of a longsword (looks more like a shortsword/scimitar):

Dragon-longsword-GE-detail.png

How longswords should look like:

armoredls1.jpg

I voted D. Plain, practical weapons are good weapons IMO. Spikes are mostly useless anyway.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I voted B too, but I still don't understand why they are not happy with it's current design...

I mean, they have already changed it's look few times already.

Why aren't they happy with it?

thay are changeing it becouse the players are not happy. its not jagex that are unhappy about it.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Dragon scimitar, 2h (the most) and longsword all look messed up. It's not easy to see difference between a scimitar and a longsword.

Jagex's version of a longsword (looks more like a shortsword/scimitar):

Dragon-longsword-GE-detail.png

How longswords should look like:

armoredls1.jpg

One element of this we're particularly excited about is the ability to model and animate players and NPCs outside of the 'square' on which they're standing. This will allow us to improve weapon wielding, combat animations and various other aspects of your appearance. Artists will also be able to design and build more impressive areas, which are less constrained to the grid-like nature of the RuneScape world.

I believe that was, until a week or so ago, a limitation of the game engine, and we'll expect to see rejigging of other weapons as well.

EDIT: The 'remove formatting' button doesn't seem to work properly....

~ W ~

sigzi.png