Recruitment Drive

Iconic

I've been thinking, with the level of activity at the moment the tavern isn't going to last much longer and even with our best efforts there is almost no way on earth that we will survive much longer with the amount of people we have at the moment, Sere's left, Hex's left so whats more?

I request we have a recruitment drive, in which we invite people from all over the forums in different ways. We will talk with the admins about a global announcement and we will try our best to put things in our signitures. Maybe in the general discussion forum we could tell some runescapers about our existence and even have a tavern week. The door is open to whatever we do.

There are a couple of things we could do to increase activity.

-Global Announcement

-Creating a sticky which explains what the tavern is and what we do (this should be done anyway, maybe an overview of D'neering, Hegemony and Roleplay games)

-Moving the tavern to top for a week

[hide]tavern.png[/hide]

-Some decent signitures, not some words some real stylish userbars: ubda3832ma1.gif

-Creating a new tavern wide game discussed & designed by everyone.

-Telling all users of thet tavern (all twenty) that they need to be more active by PM.

-PMing all falador library members

-Thread in varrock library

-Invite friends from school, work, clubs, internet.

New blood will be good :), We've been the same for pretty long.

[Falador tavern]

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking, with the level of activity at the moment the tavern isn't going to last much longer and even with our best efforts there is almost no way on earth that we will survive much longer with the amount of people we have at the moment, Sere's left, Hex's left so whats more?

lolwhat

i am embarrassed by every attempt made outside the tavern to invite people in, but there we go

without archi tavern will never be the same

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Well after talking to him on MSN, he isn't exactly implying he has quit forever, infact he will probably (hopefully) comeback soon.

Why don't we just make an rp that is easy to play and looks quite exciting to outsiders? That would get some members, cause we actually get quite a lot of views from others.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

cause rping doesnt have [cabbage] on hegemony

all we need is a dedicated mod who lasts like archi or dusty or even retech was for a while

it's a shame nobody ever started to play doom's one properly as doom would have been pretty good

oh luke take me now

oh luke take me now

I think I'ma keep this quote for a while, maybe show it to Archi.

There is nothing wrong with the mods, what is wrong with our games are the ungrateful idiots who don't play because the game isn't exactly what they wanted.

By the wayy, you now lose:

the game

I just quoted a post in itself.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That quote made me laugh rather hard.

Well I WOULD mod, but school work is just so effing annoying, though I am thinking of developing a system for a game that wouldn't require a mod at all, but requires everyone to post everything (which kinda sucks), it would require RP.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Who wants to write an explination of what the forum is?*

Who wants to PM some admins.

I was willing to mod, No-one joined my games though.

Hello......................................

We play many games here in the tavern.................Hegemony..........Dungeoneering.........Roleplay........Whatever you suggest........

If you want to join please make a new thread to tell us who you are (People are individuals, threads are more satisfiying than a post and CAN'T BE OVERLOOKED).

Rules................ Tip.It Rules....................

We look forward to seeing you..................

Or

Good day to you, I see you are looking at the one and only Falador Tavern. In the tavern we play lots of different games, most of which are just based of similar games.

Here are some of the games we play, if you can make another popular one that we base other games off it'll be added below.

Hegemony is [description]

D'neering is [description]

If you choose to join please make a new thread alerting you of who you are, a brief description of who you are and your intrests, this usually allows us to spark some idea's for games and in no time there will be a game for you.

[rules go here]

We look forward to seeing you [whatever else]

[Falador tavern]

make sure you show him the italics or he might not get it!

no; mods burning out is what brings activity down. dusty getting tired, rocco already is stunned at the workload you get shunted with, every succesful game this happens in the end, other than Archi's cause the guy is a machine

Hence why the systems for the games need to be changed so that the mods don't burn out.

Personally for me it was the battle reports, but that can easily be fixed by shorter reports.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Although that is true the problem is that there is no demand for a game, no-ones asking for a new game, no-ones discussing anything. There is very little activity. If you post a thread nowadays (I know that I'm not perfect) you just get critiscism. The fact is that there is not enough idea's anymore, theres no twenty page debates on what makes a good game.

Besides: More users = More game moderators.

I WILL MOD THIS GAME IF THERE IS INTEREST!

Also if anyone wants me to mod Aeroka I'll mod that.

And if anyone wants me to mod Manifest Destiny I'll mod that.

Battle reports are nice but they aren't really needed, all you need is to say:

Dungeon, you lost 5,000 men, the operation was pretty sucessful

Rocco, Dungeonal backstabbed you at the leaders picnic, you lost 600,000 men.

Story is created by ourselves.

[Falador tavern]

I'm just saying. I would love to write battle reports. Just give me the figures and I'll write em.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I just think battle reports give a good read, and slight awesomeness to read your army beating the hell outta the enemy.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I know, it's utter BS.

There has to be something we can do, some unrealized inovation, all we've done so far is essentially copy the original games.

I can't think of anything, and it just makes me feel stupid. This shouldn't be that hard.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have a MASSIVE game planned for when I buy my computer. I've been spending most of my writing and drawing time on it. It is something more along the lines of D&D with a heavier RP structure, but it will allow room for those who don't like to write a lot.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

since things have been going slow for me i might try here,forum games have been slow(you know mathers) so yaaaa....

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Feel free to join any of the active (or soon to be active) games. Also I would advise setting up a Pm with the GM (Game Master) to ask questions about the games. On a note about the hegemony games, charging in guns glazing tends to get you killed, fast.

LNYvk.png

ive seen some of the hegemonies and ive liked them, just never posted in them

and could someone tell me bout the hegemonies and how they work, and pretty much all the other things that go on here

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Hegemonies work in two ways, the first was the most common right after the first ended, you decide how to play and just do what the GM tells you. The second and most common resently is that you don't mind anything not related to your army and play it like you want to be the next big conqueror.

Dungeoneering games are related to roleplay, you say what you attempt to do then the GM rolls a die (most often 20 sided) to decide to what degree you were successful and what happened.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1