1st October, 2010: Behind the Scenes - October

BloodAngel

I've said it since april, the final floors will be December, kids off school bored waiting for christmas, warped floors - slight members increase, i wouldnt be surprised if theres more than warped too.

Hope you're right actually, gives me time to get my Dungeoneering as high as possible before December :P

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm excited for everything this month! The Make-X improvements sound great! I've been waiting for the conclusion to the Void Knight series, and I'm excited to see if the charm hunting option is going to be good for actual use! Also I'm glad they're going to fix up the new wildy wall a bit... There's an entire section I used to use that is impassable now. >.<

Blakdragon39.png

my reaction

jagex: "This month there will be the 3rd void knights quest and a grandmaster quest"

me: "omfg sweet 2 quests"

me: *reads the void knight reqs*

me: "sweet a mid lvl quest! finaly! reqs from 70-80 not bad for the final void quest"

me: *begins reading on lower*

me: *finishes page and looks confused*

me: *begins re-reading and looking franticly for the grandmaster quest"

me: "where the hell is this grandmaster quest at?!!?! how can jaged just tell us theres gonna be one then not put a description on the page"

me: *realises that the void quest might actualy be what they meant by grandmaster quest*

me: *sinks into my chair and facepalms, decides not to do this novice level quest*

Grandmaster quests have always been in the 70-80 range. Quests with 85+ reqs are "Elite", not "Grandmaster".

This is an absolutely amazing month! A grandmaster quest, make all with no rightclicks, other UI improvements, more ways to get charms...god, I think I've damn near had a heart attack! Other months will have a hard time to 'compare' with this one. I can't believe how much awesome stuff they smashed into one month! Normally, they spread it around. Mind you, I'm not complaining. If they spread this around, likely I wouldn't get to enjoy it as finals approach. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

Was kind of hoping for Warped floor this month, since I'm getting 100 DG, but oh well. :(

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

This is an absolutely amazing month! A grandmaster quest, make all with no rightclicks, other UI improvements, more ways to get charms...god, I think I've damn near had a heart attack! Other months will have a hard time to 'compare' with this one. I can't believe how much awesome stuff they smashed into one month! Normally, they spread it around. Mind you, I'm not complaining. If they spread this around, likely I wouldn't get to enjoy it as finals approach. :(

Shift-click for the make x maybe? Mousekeys will become easier to use.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

unless theres a pest monster more difficult than corp that you have to kill by urself, then this quest will be too easy

i still say warped comes in december, i konw smelly has a good point but they want it released slightly before that, i mean look at batch 1, i thought they would release it for the start of summer but instead they made it in april so you had a headstart

a_final_name.png

O

M

G

G-Master quest! That is what I was wanting.

NEW BOSS PLZZZZ

and hopefully a decent new way to train hunter, hate that skill x.x

And AFN, you are full of it. WGS wasn't hard because of the boss, but rather the length, the story, the puzzles, AND the boss. You don't need a hard boss to have an excellent quest.

I just want a new boss, and a great, WGS-esq quest.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm normally not pessimistic about BTS updates, but this one made me facepalm =\

Ah well. Main thing I'm looking forward to is the godsword rework. And maybe I'll do all the quest requirements for the grandmaster if it has a worth it reward(Dragon defender, maybe?). Other then that, i don't think i'll be playing RS that much this month...

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'm normally not pessimistic about BTS updates, but this one made me facepalm =\

Ah well. Main thing I'm looking forward to is the godsword rework. And maybe I'll do all the quest requirements for the grandmaster if it has a worth it reward(Dragon defender, maybe?). Other then that, i don't think i'll be playing RS that much this month...

Why does it make you facepalm? Grandmaster Quests, up to now, have been great fun, and the Void Knight series have been really good quality. We're not going to see a dragon defender any time soon, considering how powerful and popular the rune version of it has been, and also the fact that defenders, or dragon metal, don't have anything to do with the Void Knights.

I know, I'm a quest nut.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why does it make you facepalm? Grandmaster Quests, up to now, have been great fun, and the Void Knight series have been really good quality. We're not going to see a dragon defender any time soon, considering how powerful and popular the rune version of it has been, and also the fact that defenders, or dragon metal, don't have anything to do with the Void Knights.

Because the grandmaster quest is the only update this month that could possibly be useful for everyone with access to the content and because the last grandmaster quest took less than an hour to complete. The rewards are the only part different from a normal quest update.

2496 Completionist

I have 70+ all stats, 98 magic. 70+ isn't specific enough for me. How MUCH higher then 70 are they o_o

(Oh, don't have 70 dunge yet. But that won't be in the quest.)

my reaction

jagex: "This month there will be the 3rd void knights quest and a grandmaster quest"

me: "omfg sweet 2 quests"

me: *reads the void knight reqs*

me: "sweet a mid lvl quest! finaly! reqs from 70-80 not bad for the final void quest"

me: *begins reading on lower*

me: *finishes page and looks confused*

me: *begins re-reading and looking franticly for the grandmaster quest"

me: "where the hell is this grandmaster quest at?!!?! how can jaged just tell us theres gonna be one then not put a description on the page"

me: *realises that the void quest might actualy be what they meant by grandmaster quest*

me: *sinks into my chair and facepalms, decides not to do this novice level quest*

Nomad's Requiem:

Level 75 Magic

Level 70 Prayer

Level 66 Mining

Level 65 Hunter

Level 60 Construction

Not exactly very high levels needed, lol what a noob grandmaster quest. Oh wait you gotta kill Nomad.

killing nomad is piece of cake dude, hardly what id call grandmaster, so yea it was a noob quest

1. i doubt ther will be a nomad in this quest

2. nomad's req took high combat

3. nomad was still a piece of junk, i downed him first try in a few minutes then left, im pretty confident i could kill 5-10 nomads in 1 trip right now

Not every has overloads, soulsplit. Not to mention 98 summon or near-maxed melee. Even then, I'm still calling BS on you. And how does 70+ stats read mid-level quest to you? It shouldn't...

sounds like an epic month!

99 hunter + charms from hunting = 95 summoning maybe?

might bring about a decent method of gaining charms without lootshare

Probably. As best as I can tell, the main purpose of this will allow skillpures to effectively gather charms. They made a bolded note out of that o_o

(Yeah I know your not technically a skill pure, but still :P You can't melee/mage for them judging by your siggy)

unless theres a pest monster more difficult than corp that you have to kill by urself, then this quest will be too easy

i still say warped comes in december, i konw smelly has a good point but they want it released slightly before that, i mean look at batch 1, i thought they would release it for the start of summer but instead they made it in april so you had a headstart

I think you should quit RS and find a game with harder bosses. No, really. Sorry if that comes up as obnoxious, but you want people to solo Corp to keep their questcape?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

@ sir squab

im bsing? i could kill 5-10 nomads no doubt

nomad is fairly weak to stab, i have chaotic rapier

you have to use brews basicly, i have pack yak + inv of brews

brews lower your stats, i have overload

you cant use prot prayers, i have soul split and turmoil

you can dismiss yak supplys on floor, i summon steel titan (im 200k from 99 summon and i have thousands of charms, including blue, so in the time you take to read this post i could go get 99 if i wanted)

he hits alot with mage, ill just use eagle eye shield, ill also go buy morrigans since its fairly cheap for a special occasion

enhanced excalibur or claws for spec

basicly nomdad is a pushover, i killed him at 100 combat with none of the above listed, if your 120+ complaining its hard thers something wrong, if your lvl 90 complaining its hard you shouldnt be trying the quest

a_final_name.png

@ sir squab

you can dismiss yak supplys on floor, i summon steel titan (im 200k from 99 summon and i have thousands of charms, including blue, so in the time you take to read this post i could go get 99 if i wanted)

he hits alot with mage, ill just use eagle eye shield, ill also go buy morrigans since its fairly cheap for a special occasion

basicly nomdad is a pushover, i killed him at 100 combat with none of the above listed, if your 120+ complaining its hard thers something wrong, if your lvl 90 complaining its hard you shouldnt be trying the quest

Did you kill Nomad the first day the quest was out, or did you have the benefit of other people's experience? Because one definitely has the advantage over the other. Just like Fight Caves are easy --now. The first day they were out nobody could figure out how to beat them.

It's easy to sit back after other people have figured out a general strategy and pooled together information that can help formulate strategies through their own trials and errors. So yes, unless you killed Nomad the first day (or with a reasonable lack of knowledge or strategy after the first day) I'm calling BS.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

@ sir squab

You do understand that this is a Grandmaster Quest? It's not some kind of endgame content, you should be bitterly disappointed if you consider bragging like that an achievement. The idea is to beat Nomad with stats that are reasonably around the requirements of grandmaster quests, the 70-80 range. Nomad is difficult because the required stats are commonly accepted to be at the higher end/slightly beyond that range. There's no point talking about stupid overkill techniques like Steel Titans, Eagle Eye Sheilds, or Overloads, because it doesn't apply to the level demographic that these quests are aimed at. Nomad is a very difficult boss, and I am yet to beat him, now stop your whining.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

@ sir squab

Doesn't even sound like you killed him once...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol