Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1st October, 2010: Behind the Scenes - October

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

lcchs
[ Display Name History ]

lcchs

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 653 posts
I got a pretzel from the octoberfest stall thing and it restores 1 lp. Is there something else to the octoberfest event?

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Jettrider
  • Clan:DGS
Oh no 80 magic only 400000 people have it!!

A thoroughly uninspiring month altogether.

2496 Completionist

Sevestia
[ Display Name History ]

Sevestia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • RSN:Sevestia
  • RSN2:Kasari
  • RSN '07:Sevestia
  • Clan:Libra
Hm, guess I'm finishing the most recent void quest. :P

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
As someone who did a LOT of pc back in the day, here's hoping this new quest will actually take us into those portals we were so fond of destroying. I always wondered what was in this "void". Seeing as it's a grandmaster, it sounds like that might be the case. :thumbup:

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Trollgazer
Let's go visit mama pest.

Swainy
[ Display Name History ]

Swainy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RSN:Swainy

but I wonder what they meant by a Godsword Rework for curses. I bet the Godsword prices are going to rise in response to that update.

It probably means they're give it a more realistic animation when deflection occurs.
Posted Image

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Nephilim

but I wonder what they meant by a Godsword Rework for curses. I bet the Godsword prices are going to rise in response to that update.

It probably means they're give it a more realistic animation when deflection occurs.

Then all the weapons will need revamping, because they all get deflected.

Posted Image

Signature
[ Display Name History ]

Signature

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
Not really the greatest month for me, I was really hoping for those warped floors :P

Overall though, some good improvements with the Make-X for other players going for 99s, definitely was needed to keep consistent with other Make-X skills.

Grandmaster quest means I have to get off my butt and actually finish those Void quests lol. Not looking forward to that, but if it's anywhere near as challenging (yes, I said challenging, and I'm max all combat skills) as killing Nomad was, I may end up loving this quest (It's rare to get real challenges in quests, which is the only time I really enjoy them).

Halloween is meh for me, but might prove to be fun. Last Christmas was actually kinda fun so there lies some hope for this event for me.

I guess this month gives me my opportunity to finish those last occult floor requirements (only 85 dungeoneering atm) :D

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I've said it since april, the final floors will be December, kids off school bored waiting for christmas, warped floors - slight members increase, i wouldnt be surprised if theres more than warped too.
Posted Image

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
sounds like an epic month!
99 hunter + charms from hunting = 95 summoning maybe?
might bring about a decent method of gaining charms without lootshare
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Signature
[ Display Name History ]

Signature

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts

I've said it since april, the final floors will be December, kids off school bored waiting for christmas, warped floors - slight members increase, i wouldnt be surprised if theres more than warped too.

Hope you're right actually, gives me time to get my Dungeoneering as high as possible before December :P

blakdragon39
[ Display Name History ]

blakdragon39

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • RSN:Blakdragon39
  • Clan:MASORS
I think I'm excited for everything this month! The Make-X improvements sound great! I've been waiting for the conclusion to the Void Knight series, and I'm excited to see if the charm hunting option is going to be good for actual use! Also I'm glad they're going to fix up the new wildy wall a bit... There's an entire section I used to use that is impassable now. >.<
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

my reaction

jagex: "This month there will be the 3rd void knights quest and a grandmaster quest"
me: "omfg sweet 2 quests"
me: *reads the void knight reqs*
me: "sweet a mid lvl quest! finaly! reqs from 70-80 not bad for the final void quest"
me: *begins reading on lower*
me: *finishes page and looks confused*
me: *begins re-reading and looking franticly for the grandmaster quest"
me: "where the hell is this grandmaster quest at?!!?! how can jaged just tell us theres gonna be one then not put a description on the page"
me: *realises that the void quest might actualy be what they meant by grandmaster quest*
me: *sinks into my chair and facepalms, decides not to do this novice level quest*

Grandmaster quests have always been in the 70-80 range. Quests with 85+ reqs are "Elite", not "Grandmaster".

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
This is an absolutely amazing month! A grandmaster quest, make all with no rightclicks, other UI improvements, more ways to get charms...god, I think I've damn near had a heart attack! Other months will have a hard time to 'compare' with this one. I can't believe how much awesome stuff they smashed into one month! Normally, they spread it around. Mind you, I'm not complaining. If they spread this around, likely I wouldn't get to enjoy it as finals approach. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

Elf Spice
[ Display Name History ]

Elf Spice

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • RSN:Elf Spice
Yay, a reason to train my hunter other than for total levels finally.

Smelt all would be a godsend for me.

I don't RC in the abyss so the wildy wall update, whatever it is, won't really affect me.

Shelby_Polo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelby_Polo

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • RSN:Shelby Polo
I would imagine charm gathering via hunter won't come close to matching most methods (waterfiends, rock lobs), so meh, but if it offers better hunter exp then chins, butterflies, ect. I'll be happy. :thumbup:

Posted Image
Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Was kind of hoping for Warped floor this month, since I'm getting 100 DG, but oh well. :(

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

GottaGetDownOnfriday
[ Display Name History ]

GottaGetDownOnfriday

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 264 posts

This is an absolutely amazing month! A grandmaster quest, make all with no rightclicks, other UI improvements, more ways to get charms...god, I think I've damn near had a heart attack! Other months will have a hard time to 'compare' with this one. I can't believe how much awesome stuff they smashed into one month! Normally, they spread it around. Mind you, I'm not complaining. If they spread this around, likely I wouldn't get to enjoy it as finals approach. :(

Shift-click for the make x maybe? Mousekeys will become easier to use.
Posted Image

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09
40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
unless theres a pest monster more difficult than corp that you have to kill by urself, then this quest will be too easy

i still say warped comes in december, i konw smelly has a good point but they want it released slightly before that, i mean look at batch 1, i thought they would release it for the start of summer but instead they made it in april so you had a headstart
Posted Image

JacTise69
[ Display Name History ]

JacTise69

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 514 posts
I'm oddly opptimistic about this hunter update. 99 Hunter and only 68 summoning so if its fast enough to get charms that way then I will be very happy.
Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users