Discontinued Items.

Undo

I've been wanting to upgrade my white to a blue for almost two years now, but can't due to the ridiculous street prices.

Now...

I think JaGeX should let the Phats update more frequently so they can lose demand faster (Due to players' lack of being able to afford them) eventually leading them to fall in Street Price, drop in G.E. price, then get bought out again. But this time, in different hands of hoarders - Mainly the collectors.

Would this be a better situation at all for the Economy if all that were to happen?

No.

So truly, it's best for JaGeX to just leave well enough alone & watch it playout from here - No matter how bad it gets.

& One more thing.

To limit rares, that means the extras would need to be removed.

How would this be done exactly?

Transfer all the extras to the G.E. for Max, Lowest, or Mid price? Most likely, right?

Well, that'd make a first come first serve to those who sniped them.

...But...

Maybe a sniper sniped two? How would the G.E. determine to ONLY sell one to one player through the G.E.?

As you can see, this process seems EXTREMELY difficult to fall through successfully without flaw.

This could explain why nothing hasn't really been done about the D'Item Market for so long - Mainly due to a finding a fair solution verses an achievable solution through Java.

Regardless however, RWT IS affecting the Market heavily. It's only increasing to grow as well.

The third richest player was banned some odd weeks ago <name removed> for RWTing her Phats - As you may or may not know.

This obviously brings attention to JaGeX's eyes I'm sure.

& I guarantee you they're going to find a way to stop it.

JaGeX says RWT ruins their game.

So why should Discontinued Items be an exception?

Edited by Gandorf61
Please don't name other players in a negative light.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them how they are, they're discontinued items and should be rare.

Rares should be hard to get hold of, RWT is an issue and will always be an issue people have ALWAYS sold items for RW money this won't change as players will always find a way around restrictions, right now its selling rare items for RWT cash + tradeprice on RS.

There'll always be demand for discontinueds as people always crave for attention or to give themselves a status symbol, there are ways to get Partyhats without putting in too much effort legitimately but we'll save that for another time :rolleyes:

The easiest way to make these items wouldn't be to make changes to the GE, but with locked accounts from pre-2002, their items to be put into the party chest in fally or to go to highest bidder on GE... gradually although this I am also totally against as I think things should remain rare and to flood the market with these items would be foolish, they'd lose their value pretty quickly.

To say the third richest is banned is down to opinion, only Jagex knows whos account is richest and I'm pretty sure it discludes discontinued items. Look down at the history of the game, many great stakers and merchants have been banned because they have too much money and the RW money is too tempting.

Partyhats have 0 stats anyway, theres better places to invest money *cough* skills *cough*.

Tldr; Basically to say that RWT is a problem now is nonsense because it always been, no matter what restrictions you put on them there'll always be a tiny flaw to work around the only way to fix this would be to remove the GE and Trade system all-together & stop player interaction through transactions, which is way to extreme for an MMORPG (means self sufficiency which many would quit over including myself).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My only problem is with how the GE works...

I think the price of items in the GE should raise if people aren't selling the item, but people want to buy it. It's so stupid how items like the Christmas Cracker never change in GE price simply because people don't sell one.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Like Toad said RWT, has and will always be a problem. Even if Hoarding Limits were placed, you still have so many people out there that could afford the GE value of a Partyhat, therefore until a giant money sink is created, I feel that Partyhats will always be bought out.

One solution I have is creating an super expensive untradable armor set. Perhaps the prices of the pieces could be set in stone but at ridiculous values, such as a 400m Kiteshield. I'm thinking it could have the same bonuses as Rune, so it has use in F2P, for the "Retired Merchanters/Pros."

Not only do people RWT items, they RWT services such as obtaining Fire Capes, and I have no idea how Jagex could prevent a service such as that.

Also, another theory I have is that most bots we see, aka Sorcerers Garden, Green Drag Bots, etc., are not actual players, but people who temporary loaned their account to a gold farming website. Where the staff of the website auto on peoples account.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Also, another theory I have is that most bots we see, aka Sorcerers Garden, Green Drag Bots, etc., are not actual players, but people who temporary loaned their account to a gold farming website. Where the staff of the website auto on peoples account.

When i used to vist merch clans i wouild sometime notice the ranks talking about selling there accounts for Real World cash.

undo just gtfo, 2 years ago party hats where junk and buyable in the ge.

And now they're.....

maybe you should gtfo

Well... if you wanted a party hat, you had a chance.

I bought yellow one back then - I used my chance. ^^

Edit: on actual subject -

the grand exchange has been out for ages now, and is yet to be fixed completely.

I'm sure Jagex will find some solution to that, sooner or later: if not this year, then probably in 2011. I have no hurry, they're usually fixing things, sooner or later.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Two years ago was quite a while ago as 999th said, and I'm pretty sure you could get p hats from ge by then.

Gives you something to think: Consider carefully what you're doing now, you might want to look back in another two years, and notice you did something right.

hvXho.png

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Since this topic already has a specific thread i'm just taking the moment to gather an increased post count :)

on topic, phats and rares matter little to me excepting the divine shield which is already falling in terms of street price. If useful items are hoarded then imad, if non useful items are hoarded then inotmad ;)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Looks like a rant to me. Wrong forum.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Fixing it means deleting them or redropping them.

I doubt they will ever delete them.

So a redrop is more likely when RWT becomes so blatant that jagex can't pretend to look the other way.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Problem imo is that there aren't enough discontinued items. I've played online games which had many, many discontinued items. These were relatively cheap. Far from as expensive as discontinued items are in Runescape.

Because there are so many, the market is barely influenced by merchanters. People has a large choice to buy items, so demand has a wider range.

It works a lot better than this.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Can you please stop trying to act smart and posting this ridiculous thread on every topic that relates to discontinued items? please, and ****ing thank you. :roll:

+1.

And now they're.....

maybe you should gtfo

the grand exchange has been out for ages now, and is yet to be fixed completely.

I'm sure Jagex will find some solution to that, sooner or later: if not this year, then probably in 2011. I have no hurry, they're usually fixing things, sooner or later.

When did I say I wanted a party hat?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

And now they're.....

maybe you should gtfo

When did I say I wanted a party hat?

When did I say you said you wanted one?

(sorry, couldn't resist :) )

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

When did I say you said you wanted one?(sorry, couldn't resist :) )

Well... if you wanted a party hat, you had a chance.I bought yellow one back then - I used my chance

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Maybe a sniper sniped two? How would the G.E. determine to ONLY sell one to one player through the G.E.?

Hmm? Have you studied programming?

Even if you have not, do you not understand that this would be a very, very, almost extraordinarily easy assignment for a proffessional programmer?

I would go out on a limb here, and estimate the actual writing of the script would consume a maximum of 5 minutes of his/her time. A bit more time to test it out and tweak something.

And yes, I am just nitpicking, I don't care about the actual topic of this thread. :)

Cheers.

Margus.png

if you don't want a partyhat then it doesn't matter if the price is 5 billion

You're right, it doesn't matter what the price is to me.

What does matter to me however, is that the GE never will give us it's true price, because of the way Jagex made the Grand Exchange work.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png