Discontinued Items.

Undo

Make ge update every half hour.

1 month merches will now take less than a day, hardly enough time to buy enough of the material to profit a lot considering ge limits.

End of flipping.

Good idea?

Every half hour is a little steep. It should be done by the ratio of buy/sell offers that is left longer than a certain period of time

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's stupid how an item MUST be traded through the Ge for it drop/rise.

The christmas cracker hasn't changed in price in months...and it should be going up...bust since no one has actually sold it for max...it doesn't.....it's so stupid.

It wouldn't make much sense for the G.E. to update on an item's price if it was traded via player2player.

So, ya' know.

Well enough alone is well enough alone tbh.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

The christmas cracker hasn't changed in price in months...and it should be going up...bust since no one has actually sold it for max...it doesn't.....it's so stupid.

It wouldn't make much sense for the G.E. to update on an item's price if it was traded via player2player.

So, ya' know.

No, I think he meant that prices should rise if a lot of people are bidding above the avg price of an item and it isn't buying. Like say people putting in max offers for a cracker should rise the price of crackers even if none get sold. That's how i thought the G.E. worked and that's how it should work, but it isn't.

So, ya' know.

Not what I meant.... :wall:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So, ya' know.

No, I think he meant that prices should rise if a lot of people are bidding above the avg price of an item and it isn't buying. Like say people putting in max offers for a cracker should rise the price of crackers even if none get sold. That's how i thought the G.E. worked and that's how it should work, but it isn't.

Might make it too easy to manipulate the system. They should make an update like this, without telling us the way it works. They practically explained how to 26k when the PvP worlds were released :|

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work? If the GE updated according to Supply and Demand, acting swiftly on it, the GE might actually function 'properly'.

I know what you're all thinking, it'll make Price Manipulation so much easier. This isn't all true. What most people don't understand is how a manipulation clan actually works. It relies on confidence of the item to actually rise, and not crash instantly on the buyers of the item. Even if manipulation is a problem, prices will return to what they should be very quickly, thanks to the price mechanism/Invisible Hand.

This idea isn't 100% perfect, which is why I still need to change it. Feel free to disprove/correct me.

No i dont think a single person on this forum would disagree with what you just said

Tastes like a hint of sarcasm. I'll wait for a response to that. Interesting to hear other people's views.

It wasnt, from day one of the GE people have been saying this. Get rid of the limits, and let it update much more often. I dont see why Jagex doesnt realize this

Limits? the 5% limit is fine on most items, it just doesn't update enough.

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work? If the GE updated according to Supply and Demand, acting swiftly on it, the GE might actually function 'properly'.

I know what you're all thinking, it'll make Price Manipulation so much easier. This isn't all true. What most people don't understand is how a manipulation clan actually works. It relies on confidence of the item to actually rise, and not crash instantly on the buyers of the item. Even if manipulation is a problem, prices will return to what they should be very quickly, thanks to the price mechanism/Invisible Hand.

This idea isn't 100% perfect, which is why I still need to change it. Feel free to disprove/correct me.

No i dont think a single person on this forum would disagree with what you just said

Tastes like a hint of sarcasm. I'll wait for a response to that. Interesting to hear other people's views.

It wasnt, from day one of the GE people have been saying this. Get rid of the limits, and let it update much more often. I dont see why Jagex doesnt realize this

Limits? the 5% limit is fine on most items, it just doesn't update enough.

Whoops i used the wrong word, price floors and ceilings is what i was refering to.

I agree with that. It doesn't make sense why raw bird meat remain frozen at unbuyable prices, and maple longbow (u)'s used to be frozen at unsellable prices.

I agree with that. It doesn't make sense why raw bird meat remain frozen at unbuyable prices, and maple longbow (u)'s used to be frozen at unsellable prices.

I wouldn't doubt Jagex interveins.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

I wouldn't doubt Jagex interveins.

Is that not what I just said on the post before that? Its price floors and ceilings that makes these items unbuyable

Who remembers limpwurt roots thing?

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work?

Because it's hard to fix it without breaking something else, and since only super-high-end items are affected, the problem is mostly self-contained and doesn't have to be a high priority for developers.

Instead of complaining about how the GE is broken, how about proposing a solution that might actually work?

Because it's hard to fix it without breaking something else, and since only super-high-end items are affected, the problem is mostly self-contained and doesn't have to be a high priority for developers.

You'd be surprised at how the market works. I forget how exactly, but the high end partyhats affects the confidence of almost every other item, through indirect means. I don't have any 'proof' for this yet, but I'll find some later. Damn, nearly time to go to the bed.