A Way to Revive Old Skills

Zaaps1

Realistically it's a +8, but yes, serious limits are going to have to be placed on construction.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking: Marinading would be quite similar to real life where you soak a meat in spices to give it a new flavor. Except in this case you could saturate the meat with a potion. Ideally this would consume 1(+) dose(s) and provide you with a food that heals as normal, but also gives you the benefits of drinking a single dose of the potion that was used for marinading. This would be a useful and realistic ability and could produce some potent foods, such as rocktail marinaded in a Saradomin brew 390 lp recovery.

Smithing/Crafting: We do not need higher hitting melee weapons and this is not what intended at all. More variety in weapons would be welcome though. Weapons on par with an abyssal whip with stab, crush, or the ability to train strength would be ideal. Such an update would provide alternatives to the few high stab/crush weapons we currently have. These weapons of course would not surpass Godswords, but provide decent alternatives to: abyssal whips, Zammorakian spears, chaotic rapiers, and the like. I feel this would be much more realistic than reflective melee armor, which still sounds like it might be a good idea for magic(nudge nudge wink wink).

Quotes:

"Ranged is already extremely accurate."..."Therefore, I feel it's best to improve strength." Zaaps1

"Do we really need higher hitting melee weapons?" Zaaps1

Thought this was interesting. Generally when Jagex improves one corner the other two get something as well, so be careful for what you wish for.

In a world where your feet touch the ground, only giants have their heads in the clouds.

Cooking: Marinading would be quite similar to real life where you soak a meat in spices to give it a new flavor. Except in this case you could saturate the meat with a potion. Ideally this would consume 1(+) dose(s) and provide you with a food that heals as normal, but also gives you the benefits of drinking a single dose of the potion that was used for marinading. This would be a useful and realistic ability and could produce some potent foods, such as rocktail marinaded in a Saradomin brew 390 lp recovery.

"Is this my stat restore or my weapon poison++? Let's guess!"

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

Smithing/Crafting: We do not need higher hitting melee weapons and this is not what intended at all. More variety in weapons would be welcome though. Weapons on par with an abyssal whip with stab, crush, or the ability to train strength would be ideal. Such an update would provide alternatives to the few high stab/crush weapons we currently have. These weapons of course would not surpass Godswords, but provide decent alternatives to: abyssal whips, Zammorakian spears, chaotic rapiers, and the like. I feel this would be much more realistic than reflective melee armor, which still sounds like it might be a good idea for magic(nudge nudge wink wink).

Quotes:

"Ranged is already extremely accurate."..."Therefore, I feel it's best to improve strength." Zaaps1

"Do we really need higher hitting melee weapons?" Zaaps1

Thought this was interesting. Generally when Jagex improves one corner the other two get something as well, so be careful for what you wish for.

On cooking: But don't you think that's over-doing it? I mean, chug one Rocktail and you increase your HP by 50%.

On Smithing: I don't feel like it's going to be extremely breaking if a magic longbow can hit a little higher. I mean look at it, the ranged strength of arrows is more or less pathetic. Iirc, a rune arrow is about 50 ranged strength. That's about the strength bonus of a Rune Longbow. With the bow's bonus, it's ranged strength is 70. That's the same as Korasi's Sword, and I feel that is far more reasonable for such a high requirement item. And keep in mind the longbow is a lot slower than scimitar-speed weapons. Melee, on the other hand, could use more variety. I got the feeling that you suggested higher hitting items to counteract the damage reduction of the armors, which I feel is not necessary at all.

Level 92: Portal of Kinship: 3x marble, 2x Gold Leaf, 1k Law Runes, 3k Air Runes. Add a new option to the Clan Inferface. Everyone who is allowed to kick other members also gains the ability to turn this feature, named "Clan Gathering" on. While it is on, anyone who jumps into the Portal of Kinship will teleport next to the highest ranked member currently in the chat. However, this cannot be used to bypass checks such as the 40 KC requirement for GWD. It is meant for making clan gathers easier.

I love most of your ideas, except this seems too easy to take advantage of. If jagex was to put this in, and ban certain areas like the GWD as you pointed out, I'm positive they would forget some areas such as rune altars. The idea itself is good, but there are too many possibilities and too many clever people who would find ways to abuse it.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Level 92: Portal of Kinship: 3x marble, 2x Gold Leaf, 1k Law Runes, 3k Air Runes. Add a new option to the Clan Inferface. Everyone who is allowed to kick other members also gains the ability to turn this feature, named "Clan Gathering" on. While it is on, anyone who jumps into the Portal of Kinship will teleport next to the highest ranked member currently in the chat. However, this cannot be used to bypass checks such as the 40 KC requirement for GWD. It is meant for making clan gathers easier.

I love most of your ideas, except this seems too easy to take advantage of. If jagex was to put this in, and ban certain areas like the GWD as you pointed out, I'm positive they would forget some areas such as rune altars. The idea itself is good, but there are too many possibilities and too many clever people who would find ways to abuse it.

You have a point. Perhaps, then, instead of banning areas, why not allow areas? In other words, you can only use the portal to teleport to certain areas (perhaps whether or not a clan member is there), such as Fish Flingers, various Minigame lobbies, the Party Room, etc.?

You have a point. Perhaps, then, instead of banning areas, why not allow areas? In other words, you can only use the portal to teleport to certain areas (perhaps whether or not a clan member is there), such as Fish Flingers, various Minigame lobbies, the Party Room, etc.?

I could see that working well if they can only teleport to Activity(Minigame) areas that their clan leaders are in, or where some D&D's and other clan/event based activities are being held. Private clan events such as boss hunting would not be considered an official event they can use the portal for.

[hide]

[/hide]

I could see that working well if they can only teleport to Activity(Minigame) areas that their clan leaders are in, or where some D&D's and other clan/event based activities are being held. Private clan events such as boss hunting would not be considered an official event they can use the portal for.

My idea exactly.

they should have a trophy room in construction, like its actually just for trophies, and you can put the heads and fish in there, but you can also get a large grenwall or something that you could put up, and able to put a full set of lumberjacks up, and if you catch your own impling of any sort, you could place it in your trophy room, but you already need some sort of magical barrier from it escaping and all it does is roam around the trophy room

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

they should have a trophy room in construction, like its actually just for trophies, and you can put the heads and fish in there, but you can also get a large grenwall or something that you could put up, and able to put a full set of lumberjacks up, and if you catch your own impling of any sort, you could place it in your trophy room, but you already need some sort of magical barrier from it escaping and all it does is roam around the trophy room

Coincidentally, I was thinking of something like that.

The problem is, it doesn't fit with the theme of this suggestion. It's just another construction ability that's "cool to have" but doesn't make any sort of impact in the game at all and certainly would not motivate a lot of people to train the skill. The criteria I've set for suggestions is that a) they must have high requirements, b) must only relate to that one skill (with the exception of combo skills, which I'll formulate once I'm done with all the solo skills), and c) must have a significant impact in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Thieving added, although I'll admit the content is rather lacking. Suggestions?

Level 99: Various God Wars NPCs. Allows you to enter respective God's boss lair without obtaining the 40 kill count.

Just hope people don't find a way to glitch this.

[hide]

[/hide]

Level 99: Various God Wars NPCs. Allows you to enter respective God's boss lair without obtaining the 40 kill count.

Just hope people don't find a way to glitch this.

nvm

You better integrate memory stealing with the Pyhtian Chamber :thumbup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You better integrate memory stealing with the Pyhtian Chamber :thumbup:.

Interesting idea, any suggestions?

how about at like lvl 80 you can steal dreams from the mummy in pyramid plunder? you get 50% more xp for that run and a higher chance of getting gold trinkets and that one staff (its on the tip of my tongue)

thanks! :)

how about at like lvl 80 you can steal dreams from the mummy in pyramid plunder? you get 50% more xp for that run and a higher chance of getting gold trinkets and that one staff (its on the tip of my tongue)

I like the idea but I don't think it's significant enough. Remember the Dream Catchers aren't the easiest things to get, and 50% xp for 5 minutes is hardly what I would call game-changing.

thanks! :)

I like the idea but I don't think it's significant enough. Remember the Dream Catchers aren't the easiest things to get, and 50% xp for 5 minutes is hardly what I would call game-changing.

ya but if you did it every time, you could get 3 runs done in the time of 2

Which would boost pp xp rates into the 300k/hr. Pretty significant.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ok not that much, more like 25% or 10%

But including the time it would take to get enough catchers to last a full hour? In the end, you'd probably end up losing thieving xp.

• 1 month later...

got any ideas for how construction could be made useful outside of the POH?

That's an interesting idea.

Maybe, like Dungeoneering, there could be set "hot-spots" in the Overworld in which you could build stuff in?