Godswords- Outdated?

Ambler

Old news is old. Godswords has been outdated since Dungeoneering

Well, i actually looked it up and it turns out kings ransom was released a month before god wars dungeon, making the case that because prayer use became bearable, whip has always been the better weapon for all the boss monsters, meaning that godswords have been outdated since their release- they've always been special weapons, and more or less second rate at that.

Maybe it's just me, but I do ffa Bandos Godwars sometimes and I find that my BGS + Claws works better then my friends Whip, defender and Claws. We both use peity and extreme pots with claws as our spec weapon. Godswords accuracy still come into play on the higher defense bosses.

That's because it's FFA. In FFA, you need to deal as much damage as you can in 1-2 hits. But over an extended period of time, say, when soloing bandos, it's obvious that the whip's higher dps makes it better.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the godsword has been outdated since claws came out

whip was always a better primary

claws become a better special

the only place that the godsword is the "best" is waterfiends, that being SGS for its special attack only

oh and bgs for corp if you don't include degradable (SWH)

I realized upon reading this thread that the only time I've taken my SGS out of my bank in the last three weeks (when I came back from hiatus) was to check how much it was worth on the GE and for one waterfiends task. I used to use it almost daily on slayer tasks, but once I got claws I've pretty much stopped using my SGS entirely.

Outdated? They're definitely much more of a niche weapon than they were before, but there are still some valid uses for them.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Umm, it's not really hard not to get KO'd when you see a guy using a scimitar, and they'll be useless after they've used their specs. AGS is definitely the better option

Theres no reason they can't have high range and use a bow.

(also there's a method of ignoring claw spec damage).

Yea that is unfortunate, and probably the only reason i would use AGS over claws, you just have to hope you outhit the phoenix neck or he doesnt react in time.

O.O

In any case, AGS is still useful for edge pking.

I always thought claws would be better.

Better spec, and you can do back to back specs very, very fast.

By comarpison, you hit one spec with AGS, and even if they were half asleep they would probably have time to food combo.

Problem with claws is the phoenix necklace. Put one on and it's almost impossible to die unless you're already at low hp. I actually let people spec me out with claws if i have a neck on and I rarely have to eat, I get an extra hit in and if they're risking it for the ko they usually get killed.

With an AGS you also don't have to rely on the special attack as it has fairly high hits without the spec. AGS>claws for pking.

nv1jyo.jpg

Rune Pureeeeeeeeeeeee

*I didn't include the Chaotic weps- but i'm sure people will mention them!*

The CLS and rapier...

Good prediction ;)

In some places, the Chaotic weapons are not useful because they provide too little benefit to be worth the money. For example, at Pest Control, I got flammed quite a few times for using a chaotic weapon. Looking back, it WAS a waste of money, as a Godsword or even a whip would've done just as well.

I would use chaotic everywhere, just cause I could.

Problem with claws is the phoenix necklace. Put one on and it's almost impossible to die unless you're already at low hp. I actually let people spec me out with claws if i have a neck on and I rarely have to eat, I get an extra hit in and if they're risking it for the ko they usually get killed.

That hard of a counter?

With an AGS you also don't have to rely on the special attack as it has fairly high hits without the spec. AGS>claws for pking.

With any spec weapon, AGS included, you should never be using it on its own.

With a spec weapon in tow, not only does your DPS suck, but EVERYONE knows a spec can come at any time with no warning, and safes accordingly.

O.O

That hard of a counter?

With a spec weapon in tow, not only does your DPS suck, but EVERYONE knows a spec can come at any time with no warning, and safes accordingly.

Well, actually, when edge pking in bh+1(which is a very common method of pking), your only choice of DPS weapon with AGS is D scim, and AGS beats it in DPS. With vengeance, safing doesn't matter at all(you can still get ko-d if you eat 80+). Also, i wasn't referring to the phoenix necklace- there is another, much easier method(likely bug abuse but w/e).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

That hard of a counter?

Well, actually, when edge pking in bh+1(which is a very common method of pking), your only choice of DPS weapon with AGS is D scim, and AGS beats it in DPS. With vengeance, safing doesn't matter at all(you can still get ko-d if you eat 80+). Also, i wasn't referring to the phoenix necklace- there is another, much easier method(likely bug abuse but w/e).

huh? does whip protect over ags?

287b5w.jpg

That hard of a counter?

huh? does whip protect over ags?

Why would you risk a whip when you are dieing 10 times an hour? The whole point of bh+1 pking is risking one valuable item- unless you use protection prayers or divine, you can die very easily no matter what.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

To add my two cents:

When overloads and turmoil were released, godswords were kicked in the crotch.

When chaotic weapons were released, godswords were beheaded and thrown over a cliff.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Does this mean ZGS is the most useful godsword now? Its niche uses haven't decayed in value at all--in fact, with spec restores, it's even better than it used to be.

That is actually a good point... every 1 and a half minutes you can freeze something... :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

aside from lols at castlewars or fightpits or whatever, zgs is crap.

But that's the point. In its niche (i.e. Castle Wars) the spec goes from near-useless to flat-out amazing.

No it's not....It's mostly useless in Castle wars because every other level 120+ is using Blitz/Barrage. You're lucky to make it out of the castle without being frozen twice. If you're looking for a melee spec weapon, wouldn't you rather have one that kills the target in 2 specs, instead of one that freezes him for 20, and then be left trying to whip him to death, while he inevitably begins running away again?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I bring sgs when bursting rock lobs. I spec 1 dagganoth per lure (or almost, maybe 5 daggys for 6 lures) and only need 1 prayer pot per 1k casts (aka 2h30). :thumbsup:

Interesting idea. But shouldn't you only be using 2 points per lure anyway? Ahrims and Battlerobes degrade before I use up an inventory of prayer pots

SGS is still very good for pvp without food (though that's just limited to clan wars mostly). For slayer/training, EEE is better though imo.

ZGS is and was always pretty much useless.

BGS can still be used for some bosses (corp).

AGS is now useless after maul was released.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top