Playing around with Photoshop - master skillcapes

Triquos

Absolutely great work! :thumbsup:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work, by chance would you tell us ~how long it takes to make a master cape?

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

It depends on what colours the cape needs really (greens and its shades are very easy, but browns, blacks and whites are very hard). On average, at least an hour per cape (getting HD icon images, adjusting icon size etc. but most of the time goes towards changing the colours without making it look unrealistic or psychodallic). The master defence cape took about 2 and a half hours because trying to colour the trim white/cream without losing the black behind it was a nightmare, and the type of blue was difficult to obtain.

It doesn't sound like very long, but when you factor in each little thing, they take quite a while. I'm still not happy with a few of them but I'll have to focus on getting them all done first. I've been trying to get as many capes done as possible in real life, so in the end, it will only have taken me roughly 3 weeks to get them all done, rather than the 2 month prediction I had :)

2vuhgcn.png

Wow, you have even more respect from me now haha.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Aaaargh whenever I have some spare time I keep trying to get the various shades of brown for the master hunting + woodcutting capes, but just can't get the brown colour! I'll keep trying :(

2vuhgcn.png

Enough desaturation should get you there, no? And maybe lowering the contrast a little? Brown's just a low saturation yellow/orange.

(Presuming you're in Photoshop) you can also duplicate the layer with the parts you want to recolor, lock the Alpha of their pixels (one of the locks in the layer panel; I forget its icon), and use a brush to recolor the duplicate as a solid color taken from the hunter/woodcutting cape. Then you can set the duplicate layer to the blend mode "Color" and go back to the original layer to play around with the brightness/contrast a little if you need to.

EDIT: Black/white recolors shouldn't be that hard. What technique do you use? A Ctrl+U recolor, lowering its saturation to none, and then playing with the brightness/contrast (higher contrast to make white look better, lower contrast to make black look better) is all it takes (though I understand it's a bit hard if you're used to only hue recolors).

Edited by WolfieMario

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

The farming cape green just isn't right, it isnt green enough - The farming cape is the darkest green of all the capes, yet your master cape it is the lightest green.

All the other look awesome thou :thumbup:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Thanks Miracle, yes I have to work on some afterwards, but right now I have to get them all done before fixing some up :thumbup:

@Wolfie yeah I'm only used to hue saturation and hue colours :-/ I'll try and get the brown colours today - thanks!

2vuhgcn.png

Woodcut + hunter done. Still not happy with the brightness of the woodcutting cape and a few other master capes but i'll have to leave them for now.

2 capes to go.

Edit: changed the farming cape’s colours. I hope this new look does it justice.

Before and after:

30kf1go.png > 34ywrac.png

Also changed the master smithing cape. Gave a slight brown hue to match the smithing cape's colour rather than just being dark gray, and brightened the trim, as it didn't look right before.

2vuhgcn.png

• 1 month later...

Hey, fan of the work :)

Was wondering if I could make a request for my forum avatar.

If possible I'd like a character (that doesn't resemble Telmomarques :P) with the 120 Slayer, or Farming, or Prayer cape on his back, if that's too much to ask just let me know, but would love for you to make me one as you are truly gifted.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I no longer take requests due to the amount of time it takes :-(

After a few months of family drama and other busy stuff I was able to get the crafting cape done. Still not quite happy with it but it will have to do. Really tired now, must get some sleep.

2vuhgcn.png

like my work ?

i was try to make a youtube logo and avatar. In the first picture i am having trouble getting the background transparent.

And the 2nd one i never got the size and pixels the correct so that picture the see the picture clearly.

ieatsubin120fmcape.png

Ieatsub120skillercapefmlogo2.png

• 3 months later...

Since quitting tipit and coming online from time to time, due to requests via PM, I've done the master mage cape. I tried adding the little black trim to the electric blue trim but due to deleting some photoshop files it was impossible, so that is why it is a larger trim than the other capes :-( Feel free to use them in blogs/signatures/avatars/whatever. Spread the idea of master capes for all skills if you want ^_^ That's all folks. Take care.

2vuhgcn.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet, cheers for updating them :)

These look epic in signatures:

3___Hit___U.png

:o awesome!!

Edit: Just experimented around with some, they're more epic than I thought! Great job ^_^ hopefully people work towards level 120 goals and start demanding master capes for all skills on the RS forums :-D

2vuhgcn.png

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry it's been a couple months since I had taken down the master capes. At the time I was very angry at some players in the community who cyberbullied a kid in the RS screenshots and vids forum.

I have moved onto another fansite because of that situation, but please keep using the capes. I feel the entirety of Tip.it shouldn't suffer because of a select few who think they can hide behind their keyboards and say such nasty things. So consider the master capes back and please check out Milordarkantos's master cape videos on Youtube, and support Dan3HitU with his stat sigs ^_^

2vuhgcn.png

• 3 years later...