My Opponent is a Demon Sheep

Tact

With acrimony in the 2010 elections approaching new heights, I think it's time to look at one of the lighter areas of the campaign- Political Advertisements. Here are a few of the real political ads that have appeared this election cycle:

Carly Fiorina, Republican candidate for Senate from California, released this online ad earlier this year attacking one of her primary election rivals. So bad, you almost wish it wasn't a real ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRY7wBuCcBY

Dale Peterson, candidate for Alabama Agriculture Commissioner, accuses his "dummy" opponent of stealing yard signs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQdTgkY321s

...and the follow up ad, endorsing one of his former opponents after losing in the first round of voting (in which he shows he means business about those yard sign thefts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GabMEHfCjT0

And finally, a clip that isn't an attack ad. Mike Weinstein, Florida state representative (District 19), has a campaign music video made by his son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byn8ZD6kckg

Tact.gif

California's ads in general tend to get ridiculous at times. You'd think with the hundreds of millions (Or whatever the total is) that Whitman alone is pouring in to her campaign she'd be able to come up with better ads.

I find it harlious they trusted Bill Clinton with saying Jerry Brown's a liar.

Bill Clinton. :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Dale Peterson had so many votes, he actually caused his friend to lose his. That's pretty funny. i want to see more of these hilarious promo/mud slinging videos. They're aweesome

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The California one just droned on and on and on.... I wonder if they paid to put that mini-documentary on the air.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Ads?

Our politicians here discuss and stuff, i guess they are old fashioned.

(INB4 GEERT WILDERS)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

California's ads in general tend to get ridiculous at times. You'd think with the hundreds of millions (Or whatever the total is) that Whitman alone is pouring in to her campaign she'd be able to come up with better ads.

I find it harlious they trusted Bill Clinton with saying Jerry Brown's a liar.

Bill Clinton. :D

I agree with both of you. Bill Clinton. Priceless.

I love the Dale Peterson ad. We need more rifles in American political ads.

Yea, I noticed that too. It seems like he just randomly takes it out.

And what politician has time to ride horses on a ranch? What century is this again?

How about this attack website,

http://whoisrobsteele.com/

[hide=funny picture]

main-graphic.jpg

[/hide]

But who is Rob Steele?

Rob Steele is an ultra-wealthy doctor who made millions off the broken health care system.

The broken health care system has been good to Rob Steele.

How good?

Good enough to afford an 8000 ft square home on 653,400 square feet of land 2. His five-car garage isn’t big enough to hold all of his eight luxury cars 3. Look at this list of vehicles:

1968 Ferrari

2000 BMW M5

1965 Alfa Romeo

1962 Willys Station Wagon

1970 Fiat

1967 Fiat

1970 Buick Skylark GS 455

1996 Cadillac Seville

Really think a rich doctor with eight fancy cars understands what it’s like to get by in this economy?”

If you price some of the vehicles, you'll find they're (individually) not worth more than a few thousand dollars.

♪♪ And I'm not done

^The 68 Ferrari would be the only one which is hard to come by for the "common man".

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Our politicians here discuss and stuff, i guess they are old fashioned.

What is this magical country and how liberal are its immigration laws?

The Netherlands

We also have:

-Legal Marijuana

-Legal Prostitution

-Complete tolerance and respect for any race, color and sexual preference

-Funny English accents (most people do)

-Cheese

-Clogs

-Mills

-Tulips

-Legal Marijuana

-Legal Marijuana

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I don't understand American politics. How can you have a political ad without talking about policies or having rational arguments about political issues? Is it really so much about personality now that it's ignored actual politics? How the hell is America still functioning?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't understand American politics. How can you have a political ad without talking about policies or having rational arguments about political issues? Is it really so much about personality now that it's ignored actual politics? How the hell is America still functioning?

We've been asking ourselves that for many years.

Rational arguments about political issues do not apply in United Statesian politics. Our Senate is basically a big fraud built on lobbyists and political parties.

Rational arguments about political issues do not apply in United Statesian politics. Our Senate is basically a big fraud built on lobbyists and political parties.

God Bless this mess.

americanflag.jpeg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Your sample in this case is biased. These ads are posted on TIF specifically because they make no sense - most address the issues to some extent.

Your sample in this case is biased. These ads are posted on TIF specifically because they make no sense - most address the issues to some extent.

The majority of political ads I have seen have attempted to criticize the opponent rather than promote the sponsor. Yes, they aren't always nonsense. But I wouldn't say they make rational arguments about political issues.

The majority of political ads I have seen have attempted to criticize the opponent rather than promote the sponsor. Yes, they aren't always nonsense. But I wouldn't say they make rational arguments about political issues.

That's pretty much just what they are though, ads. If you want to hear the issues* there are televised debates, among other things.

*Though often the issue isn't really addressed as much as disguised Orwell-style.

The majority of political ads that I see on the television (and indeed on billboards) aren't rational. The closest they get to rationalizing their campaign is 'So and so did this! So and so outsourced jobs! Do you want that for America? Vote X Mc[bleep] today!'

The United States really is becoming an embarrassing country to live in. Oh and 'American English' continues to be simplified. :\

EDIT: I saw a billboard ad on the way to university this morning that said: 'HONK IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA!'

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

EDIT: I saw a billboard ad on the way to university this morning that said: 'HONK IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA!'

This might clear a bit of that up.

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/10/tell-the-truth-campaign.php

♪♪ And I'm not done